ANTICS

Alexandria Anderson

  “I am sorry to wake you up.” he says over the line.

  “No, it’s okay, Andy.” I assure him, as I look over at the window and see the sun shining behind the curtains. “What time is it?”

  “Half past eight.” he replies.

  I slowly prop myself up on my elbows before speaking up again, “I assume that you are going to ask me to hang out with you again.”

  “You really know me, don’t you?” he asks and I hear him smile.

  “Oh, come on, we’ve known each other for years now and that’s what you always do.” I reply.

  Andy laughs, “Okay okay, but you know; you talk a lot for someone who just woke up.”

  “Shh.” I chuckle. “So, where are we going today?”

  “Westfield, Mikey’s coming with us too.” he says.

  I was just about to ask him who Mikey is when I hear him chuckle, he probably realizes that I don’t know who that is.

  “I forgot that you two haven’t met yet.” he says.

  “Yeah, I was just about to ask you who that is.” I reply.

  “I am sorry.” he chuckles. “Well, he’s our new trialist and he’s an old friend of Rye.”

  “Oh, that’s cool.” I utter with a little bit of enthusiasm.

  “I know, anyway, we’re going out for a jog; let’s just talk later.” he quickly says, he must be in a hurry, I assume.

  “Okay.”

  “Don’t forget to have your breakfast!” he reminds me.

  “I won’t, see you later, Andy.” I say with a small smile and wait for him to hang up.

  Just like what Andy said, I go downstairs to have a breakfast. Mom’s still asleep; she’s probably tired because of all the work that she do at the hospital and apart from that, it’s way too early to be up on a weekend. So, what I am going to do is cook some bacon, sausages, eggs, and a toast bread for the two of us. As I put the last bread on the plate, I hear Mom’s voice; making me jump a little.

  “I am sorry, sweetheart, I didn’t mean to startle you.” she chuckles, walking into the kitchen.

  “Don’t worry about it, Mom.” I assure her with a smile.

  “So, what did you cook for breakfast?” she asks as she sits down on the counter stool, an amused smile tugs at the corners of her lips.

  “Bacon, sausages, eggs, and toasts.” I answer.

  “Oh, English breakfast.” she says. “Well, come on, I want to try it already.”

  I nod and take the plates from the counter and put them on the table. Just like what I always do, I look at the plates and the silverwares on the table to check if I didn’t forget anything. It takes me a while, before I realize that I forgot our beverages. I walk back into the kitchen and make two cups of tea for my Mom and I. Afterwards, I head back to the Dining room and put one of the cups next to my Mom’s plate.

  “Thank you, sweetheart.” she smiles at me.

  I just smile back and take a seat across from her and the two of us start to eat. As we eat our breakfast, I tell her about going to Westfield with Andy and his friends later which is alright with her.

• • •

  I am now in Westfield and I am currently looking for the lads, who are waiting near the cinema. Just as I was about to call Andy, I finally see him and the lads. Andy was sat on a chair, as he try to stop the lads in doing whatever they were doing before I saw them. I was taken by surprise with what Cam did next, as he takes a video of himself.

  “Hello, Westfield!” he shouts.

  “Greetings!” Rye says out loud.

  “Stop it, please, stop.” Andy mutters.

  I chuckle as I watch them, I stood from a far because I didn’t want the boys to stop. I know that if I am around, they would act differently especially Rye. After a while, the two lads decide to make Andy do it as well and it takes them a few minutes just to convince him to do it. Andy glares at his friends, as he gets up from his seat and films himself.

  “Very enthusiastic.” Rye replies, as he and Cam clap their hands. “Andy Fowler everyone!”

  “Andy Fowler!” Cam adds.

   Andy puts his hand on his face in embarrassment for a couple seconds, before he looks back up.

  “Thanks everyone.” he says and mutters something that is quiet enough just for them to hear.

  Rye and Cam laugh at his statement, whilst Andy sits down on the chair again and takes his phone out. His friends walk around, as they continue to vlog; leaving Andy by himself. So, I walk towards him and when he saw me, he smiles and gets up from his seat.

  “Alexa, finally.” he beams.

  “Hi, sorry I am late.” I sheepishly smile.

  “It’s okay,” he replies reassuringly. “I just did something embarrassing.”

  “What is it?” I ask, as if I didn’t know what he just did moments before.

  “Just watch it on our vlog soon or I’ll just show you once we’re back at the flat.” he says, then he smiles and shakes his head. “I swear, that is so embarrassing.”

  I just chuckle and after a while, Rye and Cam came back with a boy that I haven’t met yet, it must be Mikey – their new trialist.

  “Oh, hi, Alexa.” Cam smiles, putting his hand out for a high five.

  “Hey, Cam.” I give him a high five.

  I look at Rye and smile a little, which he returns.

  “Alexa, this is Mikey; our new trialist.” Andy introduces.

  “Hi, it’s nice to meet you.” Mikey puts his hand out to me.

  “It’s nice to meet you too, Mikey.” I reply, smiling at him as I shake his hand.

  “So, where are going now?” Cam asks.

  “Let’s just eat first, since we still have an hour to spare before the show starts.” Andy suggests.

  We all agree with Andy and go to Five Guys. Andy asks me what my order is and tells me to get a table along with Rye and Cam, whilst he and Mikey order our food. We take our seats outside and we are just quiet, as we wait for Andy and Mikey. There are six chairs on the table; Cam sits in front of me whilst Rye sits on Cam’s right side. Meanwhile, the seats on the either sides of me are vacant. Later on, Cam turns their GoPro on and he was just watching for a couple minutes when he just burst out laughing. Rye and I look at him in bewilderment, as he composes himself.

  “I am sorry.” he chuckles, getting up from his seat and sits down next to me.

  He shows me the video of Andy from earlier and you can hear Andy from the background, trying to make Rye stop from what he was doing.

  “Thanks everyone,” he says. “hate my life.” he mutters.

  So, that’s what he said. I laugh, but before any of us could say anything; Andy and Mikey came back with our food. Andy sits down on the other side of me and Cam and I are just looking at him.

  “What?” Andy asks in bafflement.

  “Hello, Westfield.” Cam mimics the way Andy said it before, making me giggle.

  “Shh, let’s just eat.” Andy says embarrassed, as he takes the food out from the tray.

  Cam and I laugh, then he turns their GoPro off before we start to eat.