PERSUASION

Alexandria Anderson

   After going to the studio, the boys and I go to Windsor to have some McDonald’s before going back to our place. Rye and I are the first ones to finish our food, so the two of us excuse ourselves and walk down the sidewalk. I look up and admire the weather, it isn’t sunny or windy but it isn’t hot either which makes it a perfect day to go for a walk. As the two of us walk down the sidewalk, I see a candy store just a couple stores away from us.

  “Rye, can you please come with me at the candy store?” I sheepishly asks, trying to hide my excitement.

   He looks over at me and smiles, “Yeah, of course.” he replies, making me squeal.

  “Sorry,” I bite my lip in embarrassment. “thank you.”

   Rye chuckles and puts his arm around my shoulder, as he and I walk past the stores and into the candy store; the guy behind the counter smiles when he sees Rye and waves at him.

   “Hey, is that your girlfriend?” the guy asks whilst smiling. “I gotta say, she’s really beautiful.”

  I didn’t know what to say, “We are, um, we aren’t dating, Sir.” I stutter out.

  “Oh, that’s too bad.” he says and looks over at Rye. “If I were you, I am going to ask her already.”

  Rye lets out a nervous laugh as he puts his hand on top of his shoulder and from the sound of it, I could tell that he put a lot of weight on it as he did.

  “He is such a funny guy, isn’t he?” Rye asks with a forced smile.

   I just nod and smile at them, before I walk away and look around the store – the store isn’t that big, but there are a lot of varities of candies; enough to satisfy your sweet tooth. After taking a look, I bought a hundred grams of jellybeans and a dozen strips of sour belt, before Rye and I head out of the store.

   “You want?” I ask, as I offer him the candies that I just bought.

   “No, thank you.” he replies, looking down at me with a smile.

   “If you say so.” I look straight ahead and start to eat the sour belts.

  As I eat, I see Rye keeps on looking at me from my peripheral vision so I stop and look over at him.

   “What?” I ask.

   “You are so cute.” he says, smiling.

   I look at him as if he’s absurd and just smile, “I think we should go to an optometrist sometimes.”

   “Babe,” he says in a voice that could make any girl fall for him, leaning in a bit – causing the heat to rise up in my cheeks. “believe it or not but we don’t have to.”

  “Whatever, Beaumont.” I mutter, acting as if what he did didn’t catch me off guard

   I walk past him and continue to walk down the sidewalk of Windsor whilst he catches up. Later on, Andy calls us to say that it is time for us to go back. I stay at their flat for a while, since I wouldn’t be doing anything at home. Brooklyn is currently in the kitchen, whilst the five of us are just on our phones and laptops.

  “Are we still going to Tom’s party tonight?” Mikey asks.

   “Yeah, we already told Tom that we were coming so..” Andy replies without looking away from his phone.

  I didn’t know that they have a party to go to tonight.

  “Alexandria,” Mikey says and I look up at him questioningly. “I just want to ask if you want to come with us.”

   “Mikey.” Andy looks away from his phone and looks at his friend.

  Rye and Jack look up from their phones and look over at Andy.

  “I am not going to let her come with us.” Andy sternly says.

  I furrow my eyebrows and when I was about to cut in on their conversation, Jack speaks up.

  “Why not?” he asks, furrowing his eyebrows as he sits up on his bed.

   “It’s a party, Jack.” Andy answers.

  “So, what if it’s a party?” Rye chimes in, raising his eyebrows.

  “You know why.” Andy curtly says and I finally realize what he means.

  “Andy, I told you a lot of times already; I can take care of myself.” I cut in, assuring him.

   He shakes his head and look back to his laptop, “It’s still a no.”

  “Think about it, mate.” Mikey tries to persuade him.

  “No.” Andy replies adamantly.

  I look down and smile to myself, Andy is really cute whenever he acts that way.

  “Andy, come on, I’ll be alright.” I assure him with a smile as I put my chin on top of my palm and look at him.

   “No.” he mutters, keeping his eyes on his screen.

  The boys look over at him persuasively, making him sigh.

  “Will you be okay?” he looks at me in concern.

  “Yeah.” I reply reassuringly.

  “Okay then.” he says.

   I smile and we go back to what we were doing before. After an hour or so, I go back to our house to take a quick shower and get ready. I put on a pair of black shorts, a plain white sleeveless crop top, and top it with a black trench coat that reaches up to my thigh. Afterwards, I put on a black high heel lace up ankle boots and put on a little make up before I head over to the boys’ flat.

  “A–Alexandria.” Rye stammers when he saw me.

   “Hi,” I sheepishly say, suddenly feeling conscious of what I am wearing. “you alright?”

  “Yeah, uh, of course.” he replies, letting me into their flat.

   I walk into their room and when Andy sees me, he stops what he was doing and just looks at me from head to toe.

  “What?” I ask as I glance at what I am wearing. “Is it bad?”

  “No, not at all.” he replies. “I just think that we are going to have a problem tonight.”

  Brooklyn laughs, “I think so too.”

  “Though, you look beautiful tonight.” Andy says with a smile. “Just for tonight.”

  I giggle and lightly hit him on the arm, “I hate you.”

   “Aw, I love you too, but I think Rye loves you more than I do.” he laughs, saying the last part quietly.

   Brooklyn, Mikey, and Jack smile, whilst I just stand there awkwardly. I swear, they really love to tease me and Rye but knowing the boys – what they are saying are just banters, so I just let them slide.