JEALOUSY

Alexandria Anderson

  I just sit on the edge of the bed and pet Rae who is currently sleeping on my bed, I think of what could possibly happen later with the boys and just by thinking about it makes me even more nervous than I already am.

  “Alexandria, are you okay, sweetheart?” Mom asks, as she walks into the room and sits down next to me.

   “Mom, you know that me and the RoadTrip boys don’t talk to each other anymore, right?” I hesitantly say and she nods. “I, uh, I saw them earlier and we’re going out tonight.”

   A small smile tugs at the corners of her lips, “Isn’t that suppose to be a good thing?” she asks.

   I breathe out and shift on my seat, so I was facing her.

   “Mom, I didn’t talk to them for more than a year; I stop using my social medias and I even changed my number.” I say. “What’s making me worry is the possibility that Rye’s mad at me, I saw how devastated he was when I left without saying anything to them and I just sat there — watching it all happen.”

   “I am sure he’ll understand, you didn’t know what to do that time and we all make mistakes, sweetheart, it’s okay.” she assures me.

   “Well, I wish you’re right.” I breathe out and look down.

   “You never know until you try, sweetheart.” she puts her hand on my lap and I look up at her to see her smiling at me. “What time are you going out?” she asks.

   “Well, I have to be at Starbucks at seven.” I reply.

   She looks at her wristwatch and gets up from her seat, “I’ll leave you, so you can get ready.”

   “Thank you, Mom.” I say, smiling a little at her.

   “Anything for you, sweetheart.” she replies. “Well, I am going downstairs to cook dinner.”

   “Okay.” I let out a light chuckle, before she leaves the room.

   I lay down on my back, before I start to get ready – I take a quick shower and change into a pair of white high waist jeans, a crop army green sweater, and a pair of Vans that matches the color of my top. Afterwards, I put a little bit of make up, say goodbye to Rae and Nana before I go downstairs into the kitchen.

   “Mom, I am leaving.” I say to her, walking into the kitchen.

   “Take care and have fun.. and be home before eleven!” she replies.

   “I will.” I chuckle and starts to walk to the front door. “Bye, I love you.”

   “Love you too!” she says from the kitchen.

   I walk out of the house and down the empty sidewalk, the sun had set already and the cold breeze blows gently as I walk to Starbucks. On the way there, Matt starts to call me through FaceTime. I hesitate at first, but I eventually answer his call.

   “Hey beautiful, where you going?” he asks.

   “I am going to meet some old friends.” I bluntly reply.

   He pouts, “You didn’t told me you were going out.”

   “As if you care.” I snap at him.

   “I do care, what made you think that I don’t?” he asks and I stop walking.

   “Well, every time that we go out; you are always on your phone, texting.” I reply.

Petit Monde (Rye Beaumont)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें