APOLOGY

Alexandria Anderson

   A couple of days had past after Rye and I’s argument and ever since that day, we didn’t talk to each other just like before. It was awkward, but that didn’t stop us from hanging out together with the other lads; it’s just that we don’t talk to each other. Anyway, the boys and I went to Glasgow yesterday for their first gig of their headline tour and it was really fun. Today would be their second gig in Manchester, which we are looking forward to especially Andy since it’s his hometown. I snap out of my thoughts when Mom walks into the room.

   “Oh, hi Mom.” I say, as she walks over to me and sits on the edge of the window seat.

   “What are you thinking about?” she puts her hand on top of my lap.

   “Nothing.” I reply whilst shaking my head.

   Mom shifts on her seat and sits across from me, pulling her knees up to her chest as she leans against the wall.

   “You know, you aren’t good at hiding things.” she chuckles.

   I just smile a little and look down.

   “Are you thinking about Ryan?” she asks.

  I look at her and she smiles at me.

   “You seem upset for the past few days, so I spoke with Andy and he said that it might be because of your argument with Ryan.” she shrugs.

   I shake my head and just look out of the window.

   “You know you can tell me anything, sweetheart,” she says with persuasion. “even if it’s about boys.”

   I chuckle lightly and look down, “Mom..”

   “What, I am serious.” she replies, I just smile and fumble with my fingers.

   After a minute of silence, I take a deep breath and speak up again.

   “I am quite upset about that,” I say in a serious tone. “I just don’t like it when someone’s mad at me; it makes me feel uneasy and sad and.. I don’t know.”

  “Are you sure he’s mad at you?” she asks, raising her eyebrows.

   “Well, from his tone; it seems like he didn’t want to talk to me.” I reply quietly.

   “You know Andy told me that Rye really feels sorry for what he did to you and to Jordi, you should talk to him.” she says.

   I breathe out and just nod, “I will, thank you Mom.”

  “Just talk to me if you have any problems and don’t just keep it to yourself, okay?” she gets up from her seat and stands at the edge of the window seat.

   “I am sorry, Mom,” I sheepishly say. “thank you.”

  Mom smiles at me and tucks my hair behind my ear and kisses my forehead, “I love you, sweetheart.”

  “I love you too, Mom.” a reply, as a smile tugs at the corners of my lips.

   Mom walks out of the room and I just stay there, looking out of the window.

• • •

   I am currently getting ready for the boys’ second gig in Manchester, when someone starts to call. So, I stop what I was doing and pick up my phone from the bed to answer it.

  “Hi, Andy!” I chirp. “You excited for later’s gig?” I ask, as I go back to the dresser table.

  “Buzzin.” he chuckles.