PARTY

Alexandria Anderson

  The trip to Tom’s house took thirty minutes and when we got there, there are a lot of people already – people that I haven’t met before. Tom’s house isn’t that big nor small, but it is certainly welcoming.

   “Just stick with us, okay?” Andy says through the loud music.

  I just nod and follow them, as we make our way through the crowd and into the kitchen to get a drink.

   “Guys,” a guy around our age says as he walks towards us, I assume it’s Tom. “it’s really good to see you!” he says with a smile, giving the boys a quick man hug.

  “It’s good to see you too.” Mikey says, pulling away.

   Tom looks at me and a smile tugs at the corners of his lips. “Who’s the lovely lady?” he asks.

  “Her name’s Alexa.” Andy introduces, as he puts his arm around my shoulder. “Alexa, this is Tom.”

  Tom smiles and puts his hand out to me. “It’s nice to meet you, Alexa.”

  “It’s nice to meet you too.” I reply, as I shake his hand.

   “Well, I’ll go ahead, have fun.” Tom says, before walking away.

  I follow the boys towards the counter and they get themselves a cup of alcohol, whilst Jack takes a can of soda from the cooler.

   “What about you, Alexa?” Mikey asks as he raises his cup. “Alcohol?”

   I shake my head adamantly, “No, thank you but I don’t drink.”

   “Oh, come on, it’s just for tonight.” Andy chimes in.

    “I’ll just have a soda.” I sheepishly reply and take one out of the cooler.

   As I struggle to open it, someone takes it from my hand and when I look up; it was Rye. The brim of his cup was in between his teeth as he opens the soda, before giving it back to me.

   “Thank you.” I smile at him and take a sip on it.

   He just smiles back at me and tucks my hair behind my ear, making me blush. The boys and I go outside and to the pool area, where there are just a few people. I look around and was mesmerised by the view – it was already dark, highlighting the city line.

   “We’ll just swim.” Brooklyn says to me, already taking his shirt off.

   “Are you going to be okay?” Andy asks, looking at me in concern.

   “Yeah, go ahead.” I assure him.

   “I’ll stay with you.” Rye says, sitting down on one of the lounge chairs near the pool whilst the other boys go to the pool.

  “Why don’t you go swimming?” I ask as I sit on the edge of the lounge chair next to his, looking at him. “I’ll be alright.”

   He shakes his head, “Nah, I am not in the mood anyway.”

   I just nod and sit back on the chair, we are just quiet as we scroll through our phones until Rye gets up from his chair and walks towards me.

  “Alexandria,” he puts his hand on my shoulder, causing me to look up at him. “I’ll be right back, I’ll just go to the bathroom.”

  “Okay.” I reply, nodding.

  He smiles and walks away whilst I just sit there, watching the people in the pool. Later on, I start to feel dizzy so I take my coat off to somewhat ease the hotness. When I couldn’t take it anymore, I walk over to the edge of the pool and call Andy over.