HANGOVER

Alexandria Anderson

  I wince as I slowly sit up on the bed, I could feel my head throbbing in excruciating pain as I did so. I put a pillow on top of my lap and lean back against the headboard, hoping that the pain would go away. Later on, I hear someone comes into the room and closes the door.

   “Hey, how are you feeling?” a familiar voice asks.

   “I feel terrible.” I reply as I glance at Andy, before putting my head back on my hands.

   He chuckles, “I was expecting you’d have a hangover, well I brought you breakfast and painkillers, don’t forget to drink it after you eat your food.”

   I huff and look at him with a straight face.

   “You know, you talk like my Mom.” I mutter.

   “We just care about you, Alexa.” he puts the tray down in front of me.

   He readies the food for me, before putting it closer to me so I wouldn’t have to move.

   “Thank you.” I say, smiling a little.

   “You’re welcome.” he smiles back and sits down on the edge of the bed. “You know what, you were so drunk yesterday.”

   “Was I?” I furrow my eyebrows as I look at him.

   “Yeah, bet you have no idea how you got home yesterday.” he chuckles.

   I let out a laugh, “I honestly don’t, yesterday was an utter blur.”

   “Well, you passed out while we were walking you home so Rye had to carry you.” he replies.

   “Oh, my God.” I look down in embarrassment.

   He laughs, “You’d probably be more embarrassed if you know what you did yesterday.”

   “Why, what did I do?” I ask, suddenly feeling anxious.

   He pulls his phone out and taps a couple things on his screen, before handing it to me. I play it and it’s a video of me and Rye – I was squeezing his cheeks with one hand whilst we were walking, then I watch myself hiccup and giggle afterwards, then I start to poke Rye’s cheeks whilst saying something. I even saw his arm around my waist; probably because I kept on swaying from side to side as we walk. I squint a little, as I try to figure out what I was saying.

   “W–what was I saying?” I stutter out, glancing at Andy.

   “You kept on saying how beautiful he is and you were asking him if he is still mad at you.” he says.

   Pausing the video, I look at him questioningly and he nods whilst laughing.

   “What did Rye say?” I ask.

   “Nothing much, he just kept on saying that he isn’t mad at you but being the drunk you are, you still kept on saying that.” he replies.

   I sigh and shake my head, though it was a relief that I didn’t say anything more embarrassing than that.

   “However,” Andy says, making me nervous. “that wasn’t everything you said.”

   “W–what else did I say?” I ask nervously.

   A smile tugs at the corners of his lips before answering, “You kept on asking if he still likes you.” when he said that, my cheeks turn into a tinge of light pink in embarrassment.

   “You’re joking.” I look at him deadpan.

   “Nope, I am serious.” he replies casually, his smile unfaltering.