WATER

Alexandria Anderson

  Mom and I are now at the entrance of the Mile End Football Stadium. There are a lot of people outside the stadium, even though the games will start in an hour or two. Andy and the boys are already inside the stadium and I am currently on the phone with Andy to ask him where to go, it’s my first time at a stadium and I don’t really know where to go and neither do my Mom.

  “Wait, where are you?” he asks, I could hear murmurs from the background.

  “At the entrance, I don’t know where to go.” I reply, anxiously looking around in hopes of seeing a familiar face in the crowd.

  He laughs, “I’ll be there in a minute.”

  “Okay, thank you.” I breathe out in relief as I end the call.

  “Who’s that?” Mom asks.

  “Andy, he said he’ll be here in a minute.” I reply and she nods.

  I bite my lip, tiptoeing as I look for Andy. After a few minutes, I felt a hand around my wrist. I jump a little and immediately turn to the person holding my wrist and see that it was just Cam.

  “You scared me.” I breathe out, as I hit him on his arm lightly whilst smiling.

  “I am sorry.” he chuckles and when he saw my Mom, he smiles a little and looks at me.

  “Mom, this is Cam; one of Andy’s friends.” I gesture towards him and look at my Mom. “Cam, this is my Mom.”

  “It’s nice to meet you, Mrs. Anderson.” he smiles.

  “Oh, it’s nice to meet you too, Cam.” she replies, returning the smile.

  “By the way, why don’t you two come inside?” he asks.

  “We don’t really know where to go, so Andy’s going to come and meet us here.” I sheepishly explain to him.

  “I am actually on my way to where they are, I’ll just call him and say that I am with you two already so he doesn’t have to come here anymore.” he says, already taking his phone out from his pocket.

  “Alright, thank you.” I say with a smile.

  He smiles back and the three of us walk inside whilst Cam calls Andy to inform him that we’re already with him. We reach the pitch and there were a lot of people, there are also a bunch of girls on the other side of the barrier; holding their phones and some banners to support their idols.

  “Alexa!” I hear Andy shouts, I look at the side and see him on his way to where we stood along with three other lads that I haven’t met before.

  “Hi, Andy.” I say to him when they reach us, I look at the three lads next to him and smile a little.

  “Mrs. Anderson, Alexa, this is our manager – Blair Dreelan.” Andy introduces, I heard a lot about him before.

  “It’s a pleasure to finally meet you, Alexa, the boys always talk about you.” Blair says, as he pulls me for a quick hug.

  I didn’t know what to say, so I just hug him back. Afterwards, Blair and my Mom shake hands whilst Andy introduces me to Harvey and their new trialist – Sam. Harvey and Sam say hi to me, before the they walk towards me and give me a quick hug.

  “Hi, it’s really nice to finally meet you.” Harvey beams, pulling away.

  “It’s nice to meet you too.” I smile back at him.

  “Okay, boys, we have to go and get change.” Blair says, as he claps his hands together.

  “Excuse us.” Andy chuckles and I nod.

  The lads walk away and head to, what I assume, a dressing room whilst Mom and I sit down on the grass, as we wait for them.

• • •

  I watch as the boys talk to their fans, sign a couple stuffs – like shirts and papers – and take pictures with them. Rye keeps on looking at our direction every other minute which makes me quite uncomfortable, but I just try my best to ignore it. After a couple minutes, I start to feel thirsty so I look around and see a booth where people buy their drinks.

  “Mom, I’ll be right back.” I say, getting up from where we are sitting.

  “Where are you going?” she looks up at me.

  “I am going to buy us a water,” I point at the booth at the side and smile sheepishly at her. “I am really thirsty.”

  “Alright,” she nods. “are you okay on your own?”

  I nod and make my way towards the booth and buy two bottles of water for my Mom and I. As I wait for the change, I open one of the bottles and when I turn around; I bump into someone – accidentally spilling the water on his shirt.