ASTHMA

Alexandria Anderson

  In the midst of Sammie and I’s conversation, Shaun came into the room and joins us. I got to know the boys – who are very sweet and cheerful – and they also told me the things that could make it easier for me to tell them apart. After a couple minutes, the twins excuse themselves to play downstairs. While I am alone, I dial Mikey’s number so we could talk about the surprise whilst Rye’s still downstairs – talking to his Mom and Dad.

   “So what’s the plan?” I ask Mikey.

   “Well, I have been thinking about it for about a month now – no, wait.. since November actually.” he says and I wait for him to continue.

   “Just say it already.” I utter, rather impulsively.

  He laughs, “Okay okay, on his birthday; we are going to go out with Harvey, Blair, and Ginger. What he knows that it’s just us nine, but when we get to the restaurant; his family and friends are going to be there.”

  “Hm,” I nod whilst playing with the hem of the blanket. “not gonna lie, that’s a pretty good idea.”

  “Thank you, I just have to talk to his Dad about it.” he replies.

  “I’ll do it since I am already here.” I insist.

  “Will that be okay with you?” he asks.

  “Of course.” I assure him.

   “Alright, thank you, Alexandria.” he chirps.

  “No problem, Mikey.” I reply.

  I jump a little in surprise, when Shaun suddenly bursts into the room.

   “Talk to you later, Cobban, bye.” I say and end the call.

  Shaun hides behind me as Rye chases after him. His little brother giggles, which makes me smile whilst Rye just stands a few feet away from the bed with an amused smile.

  “You’re really smart,” he says, then he runs to the side of the bed and continues to tickle his little brother. “but not very smart.”

  “Alexandria!” Shaun shouts, laughing as he tries to stop Rye from tickling him.

  Shaun slowly turns red from what Rye is doing, so I get up from the bed causing Rye to look over at me. Shaun immediately takes advantage of it and somehow manages to knock Rye over as he runs away, but he quickly grabs his little brother and tickles him. The next thing I know is that I am straddling on Rye’s torso with my knees on his sides, as Shaun and I tickle him.

  “Hey, this.. isn’t fair!” he says whilst laughing.

  “You’re the one who’s being unfair, you should pick on someone your own size.” I reply.

  “Okay.” he smiles and takes my wrists and flips us over.

   He puts his weight on his knees, as he straddles on top of me and starts to tickle me which I hate cause I am very ticklish.

  “Ryan, stop!” I giggle. “Please, Ryan!”

  Later on, I find it hard to breathe already and when he notices it; he immediately stops and looks at me worriedly. Just in time, Andy walks into the room and sees me struggling to breathe.

  “Shaun, hand me my bag!” he orders, as he points to the bag next to Shaun.

   He takes Andy’s bag and Andy quickly rummages through his stuffs and pulls out his inhaler whilst he and Rye help me sit up.