LOST

Alexandria Anderson

   I don’t know what time it is exactly, but the sun had already set and it is really dark. We are still at the nature park and Brooklyn is currently making his way onto the trunk of the tree that overhangs the lake just to take a photo. Andy puts his camera on, whilst their GoPro is on his other hand.

   “Andy, I really don’t think climbing that tree is a good idea.” I say, as I stand next to Andy and Mikey.

   “It’s alright, Alexa, Brooklyn will be okay.” Andy assures me.

   “Yeah, but imagine if he falls into the lake,” Mikey says whilst laughing. “that would be so funny.”

   “Hey!” Brooklyn exclaims. “I heard that!” he says, making Andy and Mikey laugh.

   After a couple minutes of taking photos, we suddenly hear Brooklyn fall into the lake. My mouth drop in surprise whilst the boys burst out laughing hysterically. Half a minute later, Brooklyn – who is already shivering – runs over to us. Andy and Mikey are still laughing, whilst Rye walks over to Brooklyn and hugs him.

   “I feel cold.” Brooklyn mutters, as Mikey joins them.

   Andy puts his hand on my back, as the two of us join them in a group hug.

   “That was so funny.” Mikey says, making us laugh.

   After a while, we all pull away and start to walk back to the exit of the park so we can go home. I could really use a flashlight right now, but Andy’s using it as he vlogs. I let out a breath and put my hands into the pocket of my jacket, as I follow the lads.

   “We are now leavin’ the nature park,” Andy says, as he vlogs himself. “it is getting really dark.”

   “And we’re lost!” Rye adds.

    Mikey says in a different voice, “Andy, I am scared.”

  “We’re all scared, Mikey.” he looks over at him.

   “Do any of you knows where we’re going?” Brooklyn asks.

   “Andy does.” Mikey says.

   “Don’t worry, Brook,” Andy laughs. “we aren’t going to get lost.”

   As we walk, I almost trip because of my shoelace. So, I stop walking and hunker down to tie it. I could barely see anything, which is why I struggle to tie it. After a while, the sound of their footsteps slowly fades, making me a little nervous. I hurry and when I was through, I stand up and I couldn’t see nor hear the boys amymore.

   “Guys!” I call out, as I start to walk down the pathwalk. “Where are you?!”

   I bite my lip, as I continue to walk. The cold wind making me shiver, I cross my arms in attempt to warm my hands as I snuggle on my scarf.

   “Guys, this isn’t funny!” I say, calling their names one by one; only to be meet with silence.

   It is very quiet, all you can hear is the moving of the water from the lake in the distance and the sounds of the crickets. Suddenly, I hear the leaves shuffle from my side and I restrain myself from looking over at that direction.

   Relax, Alexa, it’s just the wind, I tell myself and walk faster, until I see an intersection.

   I didn’t know where to go, I just call out their names again but the only answer that I get is the sounds of the water and the crickets. I suddenly hear a twig snap; quickly looking over at where the sound came from, I see a guy – wearing a white top. He raises his hand with a flashlight and it takes me a while before I was able to recognize him.