TEDDY BEAR

Alexandria Anderson

   It took us approximately two hours to get to Hyde Park, but the time just went by fast because of the kids. After walking for a couple minutes, we finally saw the entrance to Winter Wonderland. Thankfully, the line to get in isn’t that long. We walk towards the entrance and fall in line, I was too caught up talking to the kids that I didn’t notice that Rye wasn’t with us.

   “Where’s Rye?” I ask Robbie.

   He looks around, “I thought he was following us.”

   “I thought so too, could you um, look after Avery for a minute, I am just going to call him.” I pull my phone out from my pocket.

   “Sure.” he replies, smiling.

   I walk away from our small group, looking down at my phone as I dial Rye’s number.

   “Hey, where are you, Robbie and I thought that you were following us.” I say, as soon as he answers the call.

   “Why are you asking, do you miss me already?” he asks teasingly.

   “Yeah, right.” I mutter. “Dream on, Ryan.”

   “Why are you so rude?” he asks, making me smile. “I won’t tell you then.”

   “Then don’t.” I reply in a serious tone.

   “I am just kidding,” he laughs. “look over to your left.”

   I did and there he is, smiling teasingly – his phone was still on his ear, I can’t believe he was just watching me the whole time. I roll my eyes at him and bite my lip, ending the call as I walk over to him. When I reach him, I lightly hit him on his arm.

   “What was that for?” he asks whilst smiling.

   “I hate you.” I try my best to keep a straight face but end up smiling anyway.

  His lips slowly turn into a small smile, as he puts his arm around my shoulder. A group of boys catch my attention, there are five of them and they are looking at Rye and I. I quickly look away and Rye must’ve notice that I was uncomfortable, I see him look over at them from my peripheral vision before looking back at me and smiles.

   “What?” I ask, looking up at him.

   “They’re checking you out.” he whispers into my ear, his breath sending chills down my spine.

   I scoff and look away from him,“Shut up, Ryan.” I say.

   “What can I say, you’re really beautiful.” he shrugs whilst smiling.

   “Ryan!” I utter, taking his arm off my shoulder; I couldn’t help but smile and I could feel my cheeks heat up into a light red colour. “I am going back.”

   He laughs and when I was about to walk away, he grabs my wrist.

   “Wait a second.” he says.

   “Yeah?” I ask, turning to him questioningly.

   “I meant what I said.” he mutters, staring straight into my eyes.

   He lets go of my wrist and I start to walk away without saying another word to him, I swear Rye’s being so weird. I just put the thought aside, that’s just how he is; cheeky, loves to mess with other people, and loves to tease but there is so much to love about him.

  “Alexandria!” Sammie shouts, as he runs over to me.

   “Hey, where’s your brothers and Avery?” I ask.