The Bet

~Mitch's POV~

'I should just die, I'm nothing but a mess up.' I sat in Jerome's living room thinking over my life.

"Sup buddy, I have to ask you something." I looked at him, then nodded my head.

"Mitch, it's summer and you're waring pants. Why?" Jerome asked with a questioning look.
I giggled at his stupid question. 'If he new the truth. Some guy has been selling my body, keeping my under control using a anklet.'

"I haven't been out much so I don't see the point." I said with a laugh.

"Good point you need to get out more! You're like a vampire!" Jerome looked me over.

"A sexy vampire." I said striking a pose.

"What ever." Jerome laughed, "get some shorts on we're going to the theme park!"
Jerome lifted his arms like a child and ran around the room, I couldn't help but do it with him.

Jerome wasn't too happy I didn't ware shorts. He wanted me to ware a pair for girls that said "high five" on the butt.

"We should go on the one with the most loops and turns," Jerome suggested I nodded my head but he went on, "after we eat as much as possible! First to puke losses!"
I smiled and nodded 'my biggums is just crazy sometimes.'
I heard a faint peeping noise coming from my ankle. 'Not now. Not while I'm having a great time.'

"Uh Jerome?" I said he turned to look at me I felt gilt run through my veins, "I'll have to pass, I need to go into work."
His big smile turned to the saddest frown I've ever seen on him. 'Im so sorry Jerome.'

"After one ride?" I shook my head but that made it worse, "Mitch it's like we're drifting apart. Are we not best friends any more?" It hurt me that he used 'best friends'. I gave him a wake smile and nodded my head.

"One ride, no food." I said, his usual happy smile was set back on his face.

While we were waiting in line at one of the rides my ankle started beeping again, I ignored it. I had to Jerome's happiness meant the world to me.
After a few seconds the sharp burning feeling came back. I screamed and fell to the floor, gripping my ankle.
'Ow ow ow ow!' The burning feeling was getting hotter like the anklet was burning through my skin.

"Mitch! Are you okay?!"

"Y-ya j-Jerome I just need you to drop m-me of s-some-w-where." I smiled sheepishly. My ankle was killing me, a crowd started to gather

"Mitch! I can't help you unless you show me what it is." I shook my head. Jerome tried to lift the bottom of one of my pant legs.

"Stop Jero-" I started coughing uncontrollably.

"Mitch!" Jerome yelled, my vision was getting blurry I started to cough up blood, "don't just stand there call 911!" Jerome yelled at the crowd that had gathered. 'This thing has a lot more power to it than I expected.'
I heard sirens in the background, but they were far away and I passed out. 'Damn you James. I hate your stupid bet, I hate you most of all.'