Dead Line

~Jason's POV~

I counted the money Seto had got me. '3,000.' I smiled at how much Seto had made. 'I never knew someone as worthless as him could make so much.'
I tucked the money in my bag and hid it under my bed. 'Ill go to the bank tomorrow.'
I heard a beeping noise coming from my computer, I walked over to it and was shocked to find Seto's collar had been disconnected.
'What?!? No fair!' I stomped around my apartment waking up multiple people. 'I can't let James win! I just can't!'
he said if he wins he'd take the one person I ever cared about. 'Sky.' I felt tears pricking at my eyes. 'I don't want to hurt anyone! But I can't let him take sky!'
I sat down and held my head in my hands. 'What have I become? I'm doing everything I can to save someone who doesn't even know I exist!'
I decided I had to find Seto.
I got up and put on my spaceman suit. I opened my window and flew out. I love the feeling of flying, I can see everything it's so beautiful.

"I miss being the good, innocent boy everyone knows and loves." I sighed as I found Brice's house. 'The government seems to have let Seto go. For now.'
It was about 12:00 at night. It felt so wrong doing this. I walked up to the door and knocked. The door or opened slowly.

"What do you want?" I heard Brice say. 'It hurt me to know I was going after the one he loved.'

"Where's Seto?" I said with a strong voice. Brice glared at me, pure hate was in his eyes.

"Why can't you just leave him alone?!" He yelled waking up the other in the house.

"Brice? What are you doing you're going to wake Seto." I heard an unfamiliar voice say. 'Don't tell me someone else is watching him.'

"We know how to get rid of your stupid collar, shit face." Brice said with a cold tone.
I looked down at my feet.

"You love Seto right?" Brice nodded his head, not letting his guard down.
"I love someone too." He raised an eyebrow and stared me up and down.
I sighed, "Brice, if you were forced into deal that you had to win or else your loved one will be taken away for ever. Will you be determined to win?"
Brice thought over the question for a few minutes then said, "I'd do anything for Seto's safety."
I nodded 'good answer Brice.'

"What about Seto's happiness? Do you even know what makes him happy?" I asked with a smirk, but he couldn't see my face.
Brice froze, he thought over the question over and over again. Then he silently said, "yes. Seto's happiness is what makes me happy." He paused and thought a little more, "I-i-I don't know. I have no idea what makes Seto happy." He started to tear up.
Now I really felt bad, Brice was one of my best friends and I was breaking his heart. I put my hand on his shoulder and leaned next to his ear. "I'll leave you alone from now on." I said. I knew I was giving up sky but he doesn't even care about me. 'Seto loves Brice and Brice loves Seto. I can't ruin that for my own sad excuse.'
I flew off tears were running down my face.

"I'm sorry Sky. I'm so so sorry."