Chapter 5

As soon as Alec arrives at the hospital he headed to the Emergency room. He found it so crowded as it was the flu season. They were out of staff and people are just everywhere, in the waiting area, the corner, the hallway, filled with stretchers and wheelchairs and you could barely recognized where is exactly the waiting area. So he decide to ask at the counter. "Hi, can I help you?" The nurse behind the counter asked. She has dirty blonde hair all bun up messy as her work area is. "yeah, I'm looking for Miss Loss, Catarina Loss. Where can I find her?" Alec mentioned. He knew he could just called her and tell he's coming but he decide to surprise her. "are you a friend? Or relatives?" She asked, doubtful. "i'm her friend, Alec Lightwood". "Alec!" Suddenly somebody calling his name. He turned and found a dark skinned girl with dreadlocks tied up neatly with a green scrubs and sport runner shoes standing in front of him. "hey Cat! Long time no see sweetheart." Alec loves calling him that cause Magnus and her was like a family. Then they hugged and Catarina just sighed and cupped Alec's cheek. "ohh Alec, I'm so sorry for what happen. I hope I could knock some senses into him but he refused to talk about it." Alec looked at her with wide eyes. "You talked to Magnus? How is he?" Catarina smiled when she knows how Alec still concern about him, despite everything that happens. "He's devastated but he's live, for now" she said as she tilted her head making Alec smiled blushed cause he knew Catarina will defended him. The fact that she knew everything happened makes Alec more comfortable to talk to her. " Can we talk? Private." Alec said with a serious face and that made Cat's surprised. "yeah sure. Come with me."

She brought him to an empty assessment's room, she turned on the light and gave a chair for Alec to sit. "So what's up? Are you okay?" Alec looked at her with a doubt look like he tried to spill it out but he couldn't find the word. Actually he doesn't know which one he wanted to ask first. He is more intrigued to know how Magnus was doing and at the same time he wanted to know what is wrong with him. "Alec? What's wrong?" Now she is more curious. "Did Magnus ever tell you why he was mad and decide to broke up with me? Cause he never explained to me." Alec said and then he looked down preventing from his eyes build up in tears. Cat sighed as she expect Alec would asked him that. " Alec, the thing you can do is gave him some space, even I don't really know what's going on with him. I remember he told me how he's lucky to have you around and how much he loves you but then this -" Cat couldn't finished her words. " I guess loves fade." Alec said slowly, looking down again. that's the only body response he could do at the moment lately. "Alec, true love never fades. I believe in both of you. I know Magnus would come around. Trust me. He just play around with Camille and he never like her even if they have a past together." Cat said as she stroke Alec's shoulder and he looked up in her eyes. "There's something else I need to asked you-" Alec wanted to continued talking but then he felt his stomach started up again. He covered his mouth with his palm and rushed to the trash can behind Cat and pushed her on the way making her startled. Then she heard how Alec vomited in the trashed can and the sound of gagging and coughed out is making her worried. Alec couldn't stop gagging and he felt like his stomach being twisted like a rope and he wished his life would end at that time cause it will make things easier. Then he felt someone rubbing small circle behind his back and he heard Cat's voice. " Here." She passed on the tissue box to him, he took it and wipe his mouth. Then he sat on the floor leaning on the wall beside it, holding his stomach. He couldn't get up and he felt like his stomach is gonna explode. Cat's beside him rubbing his arm and then he touches his forehead with the back of her palm. "Alec what is wrong with you? your sweating and your body is cold. Wanna tell me what happen? That's why you came to hospital didn't you." Alec couldn't answer he just nodded while he's breathing out heavily. She helped him up and put him on her shoulder while Alec tried to walk and he still clenching his tummy with his arm. He stopped for a while before getting to the bed and he bend down cause it really hurts him. Cat helped him up to the bed and take the monitor and checked his vitals. " Damn it Alec, you should take care of your health better. Omega has delicate body and vulnerable health. Your pressure is low and your blood sugar is low too, did you ate anything?" Alec couldn't answer, he just breath heavily and shook his head. He lie down on that bed for a while and Cat got called and she said she will be back. Then someone came through the door, its Cat and she brought a lot of things with her. A small trolley with and IV pole. She placed it next to him and then she hung the fluid bottle. "Alec we will do some blood work and we'll see what's wrong okay. I will give you some fluids to make you feel better and we'll see after that alright?" Alec nodded and mouthed thank you to her since he got no energy to say anything. He was so pale and his lips is white as paper, his forehead is sweating making his hair sticked on his forehead. Cat pushed his hair back and cupped his cheek. He smiled as he felt warmth and its been a while since someone treated him like that. As Cat was putting the cannula in, he hissed in pain. She took some blood, 3 bottle and when she's done she put the plaster to secured it and then she hooked the fluid in. It felt cold as it going through his vein. Then he fell asleep.