Chapter 29

Get you tissues ready, and thank you guys so much for the 400 reads. Don't forget to vote and comment.

It was morning when Alec woke up. He saw himself in another place he didn't familliar. Noted the place is smaller than Magnus's apartment but at least he could free his mind and thinking for his future. He stood up and went to the bathroom. His face is a mess and his eyes are swollen. He cried himself to sleep thinking what happened between him and Magnus. He went out from the room and found Madzie and Cat was eating breakfast on the table. "Good morning. What do you want for breakfast?" Cat asked him and he shook his head, he poured himself a glass of orange juice and sat down beside Madzie. He look at her with so much love and he thought. Cat is a single mom, he can do this, he can be strong like she is. Cat saw how Alec teared up seeing Madzie. She stood up and hug Alec. He let go of his tears in Cat's shoulder. "I need you to do me a favor." Cat let him go from their hug and looked at him. He was looking down at his finger, twisting the ring on his left hand, then he removed the ring and gave to Cat. "returned this to him, for me." Cat held her palm and Alec put the ring on it. She saw how broken Alec is and never in her mind she would see Alec would do this. She thought they will fought and made up the next day. "Are you sure about this. Alec I think your being overdramatic, you cant do this to your kids, they need their father. Please think about this." Cat begged him for any piece of his heart left for Magnus but his heart is made of stone. He shook his head and stood up, "I made my mind, I wont get hurt anymore. i'm done getting hurt." Then he went to the bedroom leaving Cat with Madzie.

Magnus was waiting for Cat at the cafe thinking he could bring Alexander back to the loft. When he saw her, he saw how Cat's face changed when she saw him. She sat down after kissed Magnus on his cheek and she could see how Magnus' eyes light up seeing her, hoping his Alexander would cool down by now. "How is he? Is he alright? Did he say anything?" Cat looked up and took something from her purse. She opened Magnus's palm and place the ring on it. Magnus looked at his palm and saw the ring. He swallowed hard gulping his heart in but he couldn't help stopping his tears from flowing. He clenched his palm holding the rings and he bring it to his chest. He sobbed through it and Cat couldn't do anything to calm him, she knows how devastated he is right now and she knows how much Magnus loves Alec. "I lost him, I lost our family. Cat please do something, talk some senses into him. Tell him not to give up please." Magnus begging Cat and hold their hands together. "Magnus I'm so sorry, I will try everything but he's so broken right now and the last thing I want was him to go into depression during pregnancy. Maybe you guys need time apart. Give him time." Magnus looked at Cat and gave up. He cried thinking on how things turned up in his relationship. They both shed tears in their relationship but for Alec he willing to wait. He willing to wait even for thousands of years for him to come back. He told Cat he want to be alone and he went back to his loft, feeling empty.

Cat watched over Alec for almost 3 days and she saw every night how Alec would read to Madzie before bed time and he will go this room and cried himself to sleep. There was one time Cat was passing by his room and saw Alec lying on bed by his side, his back facing the door and he couldn't see Cat eavesdrop him. He was crying. Then she heard him saying, "Please god, please let me forget him. I don't want to get hurt again, I just want him to be happy. Please help me to forget. Help me forget him. I cant do this  anymore, I need to be strong. Please give me strength. Help me get through this." Cat couldn't stop tearing when she heard how Alec prayed like this almost every night for the whole 2 weeks. She was even more devastated cause she can't do anything to help them. Alec changed every appointment so he could avoid Magnus. But Cat told Magnus every date he went so he wont miss any. But he only waited till Alec leaves the hospital before he could see how the progress of his pregnancy. He teared up when Cat gave the picture of the ultrasound to him. He broke down into his tears and kneeled in middle of the hallway clenching the photo to his chest. He wishes he's there to share this moment with Alec but he miss it. He miss the chances to be a father. Cat saw how miserable Magnus was, he had messy hair and he didn't care about himself. He wears blacks and mostly Alec's clothes. He misses Alec so much that he only wears Alec's clothes to get his scent.