Chapter 9

>>>2 weeks later

It's Alec's appointment with the hospital for his results. He is so nervous and he couldn't sleep whole night thinking about it. Izzy promised to go with him to the hospital. They had an appointment around 9AM and they both left the house after 7AM. Izzy saw how Alec got distracted so easily when she started the conversation. He always zoned out in this couple of weeks making his dad crazy and even more angry at Alec and Izzy knows why he's like that. She knows Alec is worried about the results. She just let him stared blankly to the road then she held his hand. Making him startled and came back to reality in their car. He smiled and held back, tangling their fingers together. The truth is Izzy doesn't know how this day will end. They might go home with good news or bad news but either way it affects Alec health. In this two weeks Alec found the apartment he's gonna stayed in somewhere in Brooklyn and he is happy he will moved out soon. He told Izzy that he will move out in couple of days and he still figuring out how to tell his mum. Soon they arrived and Izzy stopped the car after they parked. "Ready?" She asked. It was a stupid questions but she wanted to talk to his brother since he has been so quiet the whole car ride. Alec looked at her and smile, nodding while opening the car door. He felt dizzy when he walked out from the car making him lean to the side while holding his tummy. He rubbed it gently and breathe out. Izzy saw how her brother leaned by the car and quickly grabbed him thinking he might fall. "Alec you're okay? You wanna vomit? I will get a wheelchair. Stay here" she was about to run in her heels but Alec grabbed her arm stopping her. "No, I'm fine. Don't worry." Then they walked together entering the hospital entrance. They walked to the clinic and saw Catarina standing by the counter, waiting for them. She is such a good friend keeping an eye on Alec. She smiled when she saw the siblings entering the clinic. "How are you? Have you been vomiting a lot lately?" Alec smiled at her weakly. "only every day."Izzy answered. The fact that she knows that means she kept a close monitor on Alec and she knows how Alec vomited every single morning after he woke up. He thought Izzy didn't hear him but she did. He surprised that Izzy actually kept it to herself. Knowing Izzy he knows that she is a woman that asked a lot of questions. But he knows Izzy respect his privacy. "Congratulations on the twins Alec." She smiled at him making him blushed and he placed his hand on his chest mouthing thank you. After that they both went inside the doctor's office.

They shake hands with the doctors and sit in front of each other. On the table Alec saw a folder assuming it was his. The doctor is looking at the computer and it shows some images. He recognized a few of the image since it was his babies ultrasound. Then he saw the facial expression on the doctor's face - frowning, crooked eyebrow and he placed his hand on his face like someone who's trying to answering hard questions in exams. Alec hated reading on expressions and its making him nervous. "Is everything okay?" He started to asked as the doctor and Cat was talking to each other pointing at the screen. "Mr Lightwood we been going through your results and we found something." Alec hated that words and he began to fidgeting. Izzy saw Alec is scared and she held his hand tight. "The results for your lumbar puncture test is abnormal which indicates the possibilities of cancer. We also noticed something in your MRI there's a tumor in your liver and that is maybe the source of cancer but in order for us to be sure and staging it, we need to do a biopsy. I know it's hard since your at 14 weeks of your pregnancy but its a big decision to make. Confirming you had cancer is one thing but the severity and the rapidness is based on the biopsy." Alec felt like his world is ending today, he heard what the doctor said but he felt like he is in a water. Sound surrounds him just hidden and fades. He zone out listening to the doctor, thinking of his next plan. Thinking on how his babies will survived without their parents. Thinking on how he will have to leave everyone for good. He turned to see Izzy by his side. She is already tearing up and she listened to every words that the doctor said, nodding full of understanding. He can't take this. He can't listen to the doctor talking to him like he is a machine with no emotions. "would you explained that way to one of your family members?" the doctor stopped talking and stares at him surprised. " If I was your son? Or your brother? Would you explained it to me that way? With no emotions and sympathy?" He said with tears rolling on his cheeks. "Alec." Izzy said while holding his shoulder. "No Izzy, he needs to hear this. Someone needs to teach him to be a human. Next time Doc, when you tell someone they have cancer, have a heart." Then he stormed out of the room hearing Cat saying sorry to the doctor. Alec ran, he ran so fast that Izzy barely catches him then finally she lost him in the crowd at the hospital lobby. Its peak hour so everyone is roaming around at the lobby area. She could see doctors, nurses, patient's and visitors but she didn't see her brother anywhere. Cat caught her hand and turned her around. "Cat we need to find Alec, he's not okay to stay alone, he's not well to be alone." Izzy start to panicked and Cat calmed her down. "We will. Different people react differently on finding the results. Alec is acting out cause he is scared and he must know that he is not alone. We need to stay calm and he will returned, trust me" Izzy can't stop crying, she holds Cat closed and hug her. She don't know what to do, she is so confused and she wish she knows how to help her brother." She decide to go to the car and if Alec want to find her, he will look for her there. He must wanted a ride home, she thought.