Chapter 26

warning smut content

2 days after Alec and Magnus arguments someone knocked on their door. Magnus was at the computer working while Alec in bedroom resting. Magnus have him bed rest after he fell and insisted him to stay until he could convinced otherwise. He opened the door and saw red-haired girl with a green jacket, wearing striped shirt underneath it and a long black tights. "Biscuits?" He was so happy to see Clary and she is living in France for her art studies. She came back to surprised him. They know each other since high school and that is how Jace and her met. But she left for her further studies a year ago. "Magnus! Its so nice to see you. I miss you so much." They were pulled into a hug and Magnus let her in. She placed her bags on the floor and walk around the loft. "Where's Alec?" She asked. She and Alec wasn't that close in the beginning but their friendship grew in years and apparently Clary was the only one Alec could talk too after Max's death. "House arrest. Bedroom." Magnus pointed at their bedroom and walked to the kitchen grabbing a glass of orange juice to Clary. Clary was shocked when Magnus handed her that and looked at the glass. "What no sippy cup? Come on Mags, you don't have anything stronger?" She asked and Magnus rolled his eyeballs at her. "Alec's not drinking and so was everyone in this house, got it?" Clary held out her hand giving up on the arguments. "Tell me about France. I want to know everything." Magnus said and he sat on the couch followed by Clary. "In a minute, tell me about you guys. How is Alec? Is the pregnancy fine? Does he have any problem. I heard him in and out the hospitals a lot. Poor guy." She knows much because of Jace, they both keep contacting each other and Jace tells her everything. She stared at Magnus and placed her glass by the table. Magnus didn't answer her and instead he had tears building up in his eyes. He leaned forward and held his head in his palm. "Hey is everything alright?" Clary rubbed his back with small circles and Magnus wiped his tears with his fingers. "Alec is a mess, Max's birthday is tomorrow. We haven't stop fighting. He always finds a way to make me angry even though he didn't mean too. He didn't eat, he didn't talk, he didn't sleep, he keep getting these nightmares and woke up middle of night screaming. I have tried everything. I'm so tired Clary, I wished he knew that. I got things at the office I need to settle but I cant focus. I cant stop thinking on Alec keep hurting himself. I'm scared I might lose all of them." Clary looked at Magnus and saw how broken he is. She never knew that Alec made such an impact on Magnus. She knows how Magnus was worried about the babies. "I'm here now, he might listen to me. You go to the office, I will handle him okay?" Clary rubbed his arm and he looked over his shoulder and nodded. He stood up and went to the bedroom and found Alec is sleeping. He kissed his forehead and left the room. "He's asleep, call me if anything. I promised I will come home as soon as I can, thank you so much biscuits." She nodded and hugged him before letting him go. Later when she was alone at the apartment, she peeped through the door and saw Alec is sleeping on the bed. Later she went to the room next to them and saw the room is painted half white and half yellow. There were baby cribs still wrapped in a plastic. A white dressing table for nappy changed and couples of paints can. She smiled and she loves to paint so she go for it.

Alec woke up feeling dizzy since he hasn't eat anything. His stomach growled and he wanted to go to the bathroom. He doesn't know Magnus left the house but he insisted on going to bathroom by himself. He stood up and he felt the room is spinning so he sat back on the bed holding the bed pillar. He rubbing his eyes few times and breathe in and out few times before he went to the bathroom. He washed his face after when he's done and he went out of his bedroom. Then he hears some music coming out from the babies room. He pushed the door opened and saw Clary painting the room or should he say almost finished painting the room. The room is so mellow and warm and he loves it. But the most best part was Clary draw few animals on the walls and make it look like a safari. They were monkeys, elephants, giraffe and the background is gray making the yellow more popped. Clary do got a gift, she sees things differently in this world.