Chapter 34

Magnus woke up that morning and preparing himself to go to the hospital. As usual he will bathe the twins first and feed them before he go. He has Maryse to take care of them today. Izzy wanted to see Alec with Jace and they left early the morning. Its almost afternoon and Magnus was walking to the ward to meet Alec. He had to wear all the protective gear before entering Alec's room. Nothing much just gown and mask. When he entered Alec was on bed still hasn't wake up. He doesn't have the tube in his mouth anymore but he still needs time to wake up. His lips are so dry and cracks all over. His skin is pale and his eyes are tired. His stomach are not bulging anymore and Magnus took his place next to Alec holding his hand. He hated how much he missed Alec's smile, his soft voice and his kiss. Magnus helped cleaning Alec wiping his face and his neck. He wiped his hand with small wet towel. "I miss bathing with you Alexander. Please wake up. Its killing me seeing you like this. I want you to wake up and see how beautiful our children are. Please baby. Wake up." Magnus couldn't hold back his tears and he cried on Alec's hand. He lay his head on Alec's chest and sobbed. He promised he doesn't want to cry anymore but its just hard to see his fiancee lifeless body laying around like this. He spend until the evening in Alec's room before he went back to his loft to his twins. He kissed Alec on his cheek before he left, whispering again and again how much he loves him.

When he arrived at the loft he heard people talking and he recognized the voice. It was Robert. He was arguing with Maryse. He entered and saw Maryse was holding Max and he was crying. Sophie is with Izzy and Robert was standing in between them. "What the fuck are you doing here? You are not welcome here. How many times should I tell you to stay away from my family?" Magnus had it, he was gonna throw a fit at Robert since the last incident causing Alec's life. "Magnus I'm here to apologized. I heard what happened and I am truly sorry. I didn't know Alec gave birth after I left." Magnus rolled his eyes and throw the key on the bowl. He went to Maryse and grabbed Max. "He's a bit grumpy today, I don't know what's wrong." Maryse said while handing him to Magnus. "He missed his papa. That's why." He glanced at Robert and rocking Max in his arms. "Magnus I truly am sorry. I'm sorry for trying to separate you and Alec. I know how much you love Alec and he loves you. I hope you can forgive me." Robert was making his last apology before he left the loft. Magnus went to the nursery and he saw Sophie asleep on Izzy's chest. He placed Max on the crib and went to the bedroom. He showered and changed. He grabbed one of Alec's shirt and put it on. He went back to the nursery and hold Max who started to cry again. Soon as he lifted him and placed on his chest, Max stopped crying. He snuggled his face on Magnus shirt (more like Alec's shirt) and he fell asleep after. "See, I told you he miss Alec. This is his shirt." Maryse smiled looking at them. "Yes, daddy miss papa too. Soon we will all be together okay?" Max was sucking on the pacifier as Magnus held him. He fell asleep with tears on his eyes and Magnus wiped them away. Izzy got up and placed Sophie in the crib patting the back to let her sleep more. She and Maryse both left Magnus alone in the loft since its already night and Magnus had the twins covered. He placed Max and went to his bedroom trying to get some sleep.

He woke up that middle of the night hearing the twins crying. He went to the nursery and they both crying with legs kicking the air. He smiled looking at the twins crying their eyes out. "Sorry Max, ladies first okay." He carried Sophie and changed the diaper. Maryse taught him well and he managed to do it excellently. He placed Sophie back in the crib now she is quiet and he picked up Max. He changed Max's diaper and placed him in the crib before heading towards the kitchen making their bottles of milk. He took both of them in his arm and sat on the rocking chair, feeding them both together. He was that skillful but he knows Alec's gonna screamed at him if he sees this. He smiled when the twins gulped the bottle and drank it all. They were so small and Magnus have no problem handling them. He felt like handling a football in his arm but he admit sometimes he felt scared that he might dropped them. After the both done drank the milk. Magnus patted their back and burped them one by one before putting them back on the crib. He went back to his room and lay down on the bed, glancing at the clock next to him, he saw the time is almost 4AM. He sighed and turned to Alec's side. Its smell getting faded and he hates it. He snuggled his face on Alec's pillow just like Max did. He fell asleep soon after cause he was exhausted.