Chapter 20

Magnus woke up with Alec by his side. They were parted from each other. Alec was lying on his side facing away from Magnus. He stood up and check his phone, there's few miss calls from Izzy. He looked at the clock and it shows 5PM. It was hell of a nap. They both were exhausted after Alec incident. Magnus couldn't figure out what was going on with him. Is it because of the hormones or because his parents but he never seen Alec like this. Being so close at the edge. He knows Alec had depression before and almost kill himself but he managed to stop him and he thought it was only because of what happen between him and his family. He climbed out from the bed and head to the living room and sat on his work desk. He dialed the number in his phone and waited for that person to pick up. "Magnus? I've been trying to call you. How is my brother? I've been calling his cell but he turned it off. Is everything okay?" Izzy sounded worried and why not, Alec is her brother and they were pretty close with each other. "Yeah Izzy sorry I fall asleep and so does Alec." Magnus heard how Izzy gasped on the other line. "Magnus don't wear out my brother. Plus does it affect on the baby?" Magnus was clueless but then it hits him. "What? No Izzy, we didn't had sex we just fell asleep." Magnus was sighing before he continued. "Izzy something is wrong, I need you to come and check on Alec." Izzy was quiet for a while before she continued. "I'm coming now." Then she drops the call. 

Magnus went to the kitchen pouring himself a drink while looking out the window. He was lost in his thought when suddenly he hears Alec opened the bedroom door. He was walking towards him and Magnus doesn't know what to do. Should he hug him or kiss him or should he just stand there. He couldn't made his decision so instead he just look at Alec and waited for his response. He was disappointed when Alec went straight to the fridge and look for something to drink. He took out the apple juice and poured in the glass and then he slammed the fridge door shut. Magnus couldn't help feeling awkward as if he wasn't exist or maybe Alec didn't see him. He saw Alec gulping on the drink and literally he didn't spoke any words. He's getting worried and he tried to make conversation. "Alexander." He tried to have at least Alec would look at his eyes. But he failed. "Fine if you don't want to talk then just listened. I don't know what is going on but I thought we promised each other not to push away one another if things gone bad. You promised me that Alec, why you're being like this?" Alec was still holding his empty glass, but his expression was different. He looks like he was at verge of crying. "I'm sorry. I don't want to hurt you." Magnus sighed relieved Alec spoke to him. "Alec I'm hurt if your hurting and I cant see you like this. Would you please talk to me." Alec looked up on those eyes. His hazel eyes meet with Magnus' brown eyes. Only his eyes now filled with tears and Magnus face is filled with worries. He couldn't help but he started to sobbed and Magnus pulled him for a hug. Alec hold his alpha tight in his embrace and let all of his tears out. He was really crying like a child in Magnus' shoulder. Magnus rubbed his back and hushed him to calm him down. Alec managed to calm down after few moments later but Magnus saw how weak he get and he carried him to their bedroom. He placed Alec down and stroking his hair back. Alec sniffed and sobbed in his breath. Magnus leaned and kiss his temple while holding his hand. Alec lay on his side and hold Magnus' hand in his chest. He felt warm and soon he fall asleep with Magnus by his side rubbing his back. Magnus stayed with him for a while until he heard someone knocking at the door. It's Izzy. He let go of his hand from Alec slowly and went out from the bedroom. He opened the front door and he saw Izzy standing by the front door. She was out of breathe as if she ran from her house to Magnus loft. "Where is he?" Magnus let her in and closed the door. She literally like a mother lost her child, looking for Alec in the apartment. "Hello to you too Isabelle, he's in the bedroom but don't go in yet, he just fall asleep. He has a bad day today." Magnus went to the living room and sat on the couch with his legs crossed. Soon Izzy joined him and they were sitting next to each other. Magnus has his head in his hand, he massaged it a little since he was stressed thinking about his Alexander. "Will you tell me what happened exactly." Izzy said with her hearty eyes looking at Magnus. Magnus told her everything happened since the morning. What the doctor told them about the cancer and how he and Alec spend their lunch together with no worries. But until he met his mum suddenly he became cold and distant. He doesn't know what to do and he is so clueless and helpless. He wish Alec would opened up to him and just tell him what is going on. Izzy was speechless when she saw Magnus started to cry and she hugged him tight. He leaned his head on her shoulder while she rubbed his arm to soothe him. "I'll talk to him, this is actually not the first time it happened." Magnus was now intrigued on what Izzy said, he let go of her embrace and looked back into her eyes. "What do you mean?" Izzy sighed and leaned her head back on the couch looking up on the ceiling.