Chapter 33

I'm really sorry for not updating but I got so busy with work and I've been thinking, I will continued this story for a bit more. hope you guys will not get bored reading it. thank you again. 

Magnus entered the room and he saw Alec on bed with tube connected from his throat. There were wires everywhere on his body. Theres tubing of drips multiples colors hanging by his bedside. There were clear, yellow, red for the blood and purple. They wont allow Magnus to go in without any protective equipment. So he have to wear the gown and the mask. He doesn't know where to touch Alec cause his body is all covered with wires and tubings. He held Alec's left wrist and he felt coldness in his skin. Alec's nails are all pale and blue and so was his lips. He barely could see his lips cause of the tubes and the tie around it but he could see how dry it was. Alec's eyes were sunken and his tummy is not as big anymore but its still bulging. The monitor were making sounds as regular as his heartbeat. He leaned in and kiss Alec on his forehead and whispered in his ears. "Stay with me Alexander. I know you are strong. I love you so much." He end it with another kiss on his temple and he sat on the chair by his side. Magnus held Alec's hand all night and he refused to see the twins. No matter how many times Izzy and Jace asked him he still ignores them and continued stay by Alec's side.

Couple of days past and Alec still on monitors. Apparently he passed the critical stages but there were times where his heart stopped and they managed to bring him back. Magnus haven't once saw the twins and they started being angry at him. He was waiting outside of Alec's room when Maryse came to him. "Magnus the twins can be discharged today. Are you gonna bring them home?" She asked but Magnus just turned on his heels and left but was stopped by Jace. He pulled his collar and pressed him to the wall hitting his back. "You bastard! Alec is suffered enough but don't let my niece and my nephew suffered too. They need their father and you haven't seen them once since they were born. They were crying all night for someone to pick up and comfort them. What they did to deserve a father like you!" Magnus looked at Jace with tears in his eyes. "They took my Alexander. I wont see them until Alec woke up." Jace couldn't believe what he heard, he got so furious hearing Magnus being so selfish so he punched him on the stomach making him gasped and kneeled on the floor. "Alec suffered all his life not having a loving father to guide him, but I wont let his kids suffered the same. Now you either be a father you promised Alec to be or you wont see him again. I will asked them to restrained you from seeing him. You shall never see Alec till you carries you duty as a father!" Magnus looked up and he leaned back on the wall crying. His sobbed his guilt away and Maryse kneeled besides him rubbing his back. She knew how broken Magnus were and she can't blame it on him. "I can't see them. All I could think about is Alec. When I see them, I see Alec. They have Alec's eyes. His hair, his nose and even his lips. I cant stand being in the same room without worrying about Alec." Magnus looked at Maryse and she hugged him. "That's not true. You know what I saw? I saw your smile in them. Your dark hair mix with Alec's curls. There a little bit of you in them. I saw you when I look at them. They need their father, they need the scent. They refused to calm down with our scent." Magnus nodded and wiped his tears away.

Maryse pulled him to the nursery and carried Magnus to the basinet. She carried Max and put on his arm. Later she carried Sophie and they stand side by side. "Hey Maxie." Magnus smiled looking at his son. Maryse was right he does see a little bit of him and Alec inside the twin. Max was looking straight into his eyes and he saw how he was snuggle into his chest like Alec always did. He couldn't help but to cry. He held him closed to his chest and sobbed in his tears. "Forgive daddy. I didn't mean to leave you guys alone. I'm so sorry." Magnus wiped his tears with his other hand and he put down Max after he was asleep. He grabbed Sophie from Maryse and kissed her on the forehead. He looked down at the small girl in his arm and he smiled. "She looked like my mum. But also like Izzy. That's why we named her Sophie. She's a bad ass like Izzy when she's in the womb." Maryse looked at him with a frowned look. "How do you know it was her kicking?" Maryse asked query on how he knows. He lifted the wrapper and showed her how she was kicking through the wrapper and she smiled. They put the twins back on the basinet and Magnus filled up the discharged paper for the registration and stuffs. He was happy to write down their names, 'Maxwell and Sophia Lightwood-Bane' as he promised Alec. He brought the twins basket to carried them out. Unfortunately for them they are not allowed to see Alec since Alec is still under radiation and its not good for babies. So Magnus have to bring them home until Alec is awake. Izzy promised to help on the loft for the twins especially now is semester break. She want to spend more time with Max and Sophie.