Chapter 30

They both woke up that morning in each others arm. Magnus couldn't felt happier woke up seeing the love of his life back in his arm. He fell asleep with Alec on his chest and side lying. He kissed Alec several times on his forehead making him smiled. "I love waking up to this." Alec looked up and kiss Magnus on his lips. They hugged each other before Magnus woke up and helped Alec to the bathroom. Alec sat on the bed with his legs on the floor, he felt dizzy when he want to get up but luckily Magnus was there to support him. But after a while he was alright and he went to the toilet. The couple enjoyed their breakfast together before Dr Ranver walked in to see them together. "I'm glad you guys made peace with each other. We need to take some blood and we're gonna see how the babies are doing." She gestured while letting the nurse in so she can took Alec's blood. Magnus stared at Alec's arm all covered up in bruises due to previous blood taking. He wonders how Alec managed to stand all of this but again Alec is a lot stronger than he is. Even though he is the Alpha but Alec made him stronger. After they were done taking his blood they pushed the ultrasound machine next to Alec and this is the first time after 2 months Magnus separated with Alec, he got to see his twins. "Have you guys know the sex yet?" Dr Ranver asked while Alec pulled up his shirt exposing his bulging tummy. "We thought we want to keep it a secret and let it be a surprised." Magnus said while Alec looked at him with a smile. "Old school, I like it." Dr Ranver smiled while placing the probe on Alec's tummy. He winced upon the coldness but warmth after he saw how the twins heartbeats flashes through the screen. "They are both healthy and very active. 2 months more to go Alec. Are you ready?" Alec looked at Magnus and his face shown fear. Magnus smiles and kissed his forehead. They both looked at Dr Ranver and she smiled looking at the couples. "I know its scary but you'll get though this. Now we are gonna release you today if the result came back normal. But my advice, no heavy work. A lot of walking might put you fast in labor but we don't want early labor. You might wanna start packing for hospital pack, get the nursery done. You need to rest, so you will have more energy. You were exhausted when you came in ER that day. Breathing class, I see you participate in the antenatal class as well. You know they said it takes a whole village to raise a kid so you have 2, I suggest some family support. Above all Alexander, promise to come to ER if you had any pain or symptoms related. Soon after you deliver we will let the Oncology doctor to have a look at you." Alec and Magnus looked at Dr Ranver listening to every words. They both nodded at every words.

As promised, the results wasn't that satisfactory but its better than before when Alec came to them. Apparently the cancer started to damaging his blood and he's getting weaker as ever but they can't give the treatment yet not until the twins are born. But Magnus promised to keep an eye on him especially in this crucial months. When they both arrived at the loft Alec got this weird feeling. He felt the loft was different. Magnus has moved a few furniture here and there. "Why did you move the furniture?" Alec asked concerned. "I need clear path from the nursery to the kitchen. So you wont stubbed your toes when going to the kitchen preparing the milk for the twins." Alec looked at him with a smile. He never felt this fatherly figure in Magnus, he walked to the bedroom trying to get some rest but he passed the nursery and stopped. He went inside the nursery and he gasped. Magnus finished the room and the furniture are all in place. The painting was complete and there's two in everything. Two cribs, two bedside table for nappy changed and even two rocking chair for him and Magnus. He felt warmth and tears falling on his cheeks. Then he felt Magnus hold his waist and he turned. "Thank you for this." Alec said and Magnus smiled, kissing him on the lips and took Alec's bag to their bedroom. Alec know now how Magnus was actually serious in building a family with him and no one in the world can say otherwise. Not even that bitch Camille.

It was Saturday afternoon, Alec and Magnus was hanging around at the loft watching Netflix. Magnus was lying down on the couch with Alec lying on his back in between Magnus' legs. He hugged Alec and wrapped his arm on Alec's tummy and Alec feed him the popcorn. He could feel how the twins keep moving under his palm. He couldn't bring Alec out frequent now since Alec keep having difficult to breathe when he walk more, Alec also always felt dizzy when he stand too long making Magnus scared he might fell again. But the most scaring part was Alec's nightmare. He still having them almost every night. The worst part was Alec keep telling Magnus to chose the babies not him. When the day comes to point where he has to choose between Alec or the twins he wont be able to pick. He wanted all, he's that selfish. He doesn't want the twins without Alec and for sure Alec doesn't want to live without the twins. But he refused to think about that now. He wanted to spend his time with Alec and not gonna miss the moment. He's lucky Raphael a good friend of his take over the company for a while. He cant focus on his work without thinking about Alec. Whenever he's at work he will think on going home to Alec. When he's at home he can take a look at Alec better. So he decide to work from home while Raphael take over in the office. Suddenly Alec sat up and walked away. "Where are you going?" Magnus asked. "I need to pee." Alec said and the fact it might be the tenth time he went making Magnus chuckled.