Chapter 35

Magnus woke up the next day morning and he tend the twins first. After he bathe and feed them he placed them back on the crib. Catarina was supposed to take care of them today and Magnus was waiting for her before leaving to the hospitals. As he was drinking his coffee and eat his breakfast he heard a knocking on the door. He opened it and saw Cat with Madzie by her side. Madzie ran to Magnus and hugged him and he carried her inside to see the twins. The crib is higher than her so she couldn't see them properly. He carried Madzie in his arm and she saw them with a smile on her face. "uncle magnus, when is uncle Alec coming back?" Madzie suddenly asked making Magnus dropped his smile and put her down on the floor. "I don't know sweet pea, soon I hope." Madzie saw how Magnus' face changed when she spoke of Alec. "I miss him, I hope he's coming back soon." Magnus looked at her and nodded. "Me too sweetie, me too." He pat her head and went out to grab his jacket before leaving the loft. "Call me if anything would you." Cat said before he depart. He nodded and left the loft heading towards the hospital.

When he arrives, he saw Alec on bed with his doctor around him. "Is everything okay with him?" He got panicked and he went to Alec's side cupping his cheek before looking back at the doctors. "Yeah, Mr Bane we're just doing our rounds. He's doing fine anyway. His test results came back promising." Magnus smiled hearing those words and in this few weeks has been crucial for him. He felt the news might not be anything but he hope for the best. They left the room with Magnus and Alec holding hands together. Magnus sat by the bed and held Alecs cheek in his palm. "You hear that babe? Your gonna be okay. Please wake up. I need you so bad. I miss you honey." Magnus climbed on the bed and lay next to Alec and held his body close to each other. Magnus rested his head on Alec's shoulder and opened the mask he put on earlier. He felt suffocated wearing those. He didn't even realized he fell asleep.

Magnus woke up feeling someone was touching his cheek. He opened his eyes and felt familiar touches. It was Alec's hand. He looked up and saw the hazel eyes he miss so much looking back at him. He crooked his eyebrow and kept staring at him. "Is this a dream? Cause if it is I don't want to wake up." Magnus said and he saw Alec smile. The freaking smile or more like a smirk. He miss that, he miss his smirking at him and then he felt Alec's lips touching his. He sat up not letting their lips apart and grabbed Alec's neck. "If this is a dream, don't wake me up either." Alec said to him after their lips parted. "Alexander! You're back! I missed you so much, you got me so worried Alec!" Magnus pulled him to a hug and kissed him repeatedly on the lips. He didn't even realized he had tears in his eyes. Alec wiped the tears away, and gazed on his beautiful eyes. "Don't cry baby, I'm here now." Magnus couldn't help but his tears flowing like waterfall. He hugged Alec and they both leaned back on the bed holding each other. Magnus laid on Alec's chest and for once in this few weeks of torture he was happy again.

They were both still cuddling when Maryse and Izzy walked in. They all wears the masks and gown making Alec wonder what was going on. "Alec!" Izzy shouted and hugged his brother. Magnus stood away from them giving them space to hugged Alec. Maryse and Izzy both had tears in their eyes and so does Alec. "I'm so glad you're okay Alec. I miss you so much." Maryse cupped his cheek and rubbed his tears away. "What happened? How long was I out?" Alec was looking at them and Magnus sat on the chair looking at him. "Alec after you gave birth you bleed out. They removed the tumor on your liver but your body system got worst. They did bone marrow transplant like few days ago." Alec sat up and felt his body aching. He has been lying down for days and he wanted to stood up but Magnus pulled him back. "Not now babe, your body is still weak. Later okay." Alec looked up at him and nodded before he lay back down. 

"Wanna see them? Your babies?" Izzy was so super hyped on showing Alec their photos. Basically it was her selfie with the twins and mostly with Sophia and Alec saw with a smile on his face. He had tears in them for a while after he looked through the photos. Magnus stood and sat closer to Alec on the bed hugging him. He kissed his forehead and looked through those photos. "Look at what we made." Alec showed Magnus the photos and his tears flowing. Magnus rested his chin on Alec's head, wiping his tears away. They spend whole evening together and Magnus couldn't be anymore happier. He doesn't want to leave Alec but Alec insisted on him to go back and checked on their kids. Magnus couldn't stop kissing him and letting him go from their hugs but Alec pushed him so he could leave. He promised Alec he will be back tomorrow to see him and he smiled looking at his precious fiancee.

When Magnus arrived at the loft that night he was smiling like an idiot. Catarina was looking at him with a weird face. "Why are you smiling like that?" He looked at her and gave her a long hug. "Alec woke up. He's gonna be okay." Cat sighed a relieved hearing Magnus' words. She was glad her friends finally get their happiness back. She couldn't wait to see Alec and the kids. She took Madzie and they left Magnus with the twins. Magnus hold the twins in his arms and decided he wanted to video call Alec. So he did. He placed them on his lap while sat on the couch. He turned on the FaceTime on his laptop in front of him and call Alec. Luckily he wasn't asleep yet. He answered it and he saw his kids on Magnus lap. "Hey papa, look who's here?" Magnus said while holding the twins. Granted they are not looking towards Alec because they still young to understand but Alec was so happy to see them. "Mags they are beautiful. Thank you for this." Magnus smiled looking at Alec's face. They both sat and talked like they were right next to each other but he saw Alec was actually tired so he decided to let Alec rest. He sat the twins down in their crib and went for a shower. He cant wait for Alec to be at home again with him.

A month past and Alec was back at home. The family is perfect now they are together and the twins grew so beautifully. Magnus was lying on Alec's chest and Alec was playing with Magnus' hair. It was a Sunday morning and they both spend their time on bed. kissing, cuddling, looking at each other faces. "I was so scared when I was at the hospital. I thought I lost you. I couldn't face the twins until I see you." Magnus broke the silenced and looking up at Alec's eyes. "I know. Mags, even though I wasn't awake but I hear everything. I heard every words. There were times I was actually gonna let go. I decide to just walked away cause I couldn't see you crying over me every night. I could just turned around and walked straight, away from you. It was that easy love. So easy to let go. But every time I did that I heard you. I heard you asking me to stay strong, keep holding on to us. To you, to the twins so I did. I stay strong so one day I could be back in your arms. I haven't regret anything from the day I met you." Magnus looked deeply in Alec's eyes and tears flowing through it. He almost lost Alec and no one in this world can make him ready for that. He is not ready to lose Alec and so he kept on fighting for him. "I saw him." Magnus looked confused to Alec. "I saw Max. he was so happy to see me. I hugged him and I felt my heart is complete. He told me it wasn't my fault on the accident and I shouldn't be so hard on myself. He asked me to be happy and live my life to the fullest. That he loves me always and I should always remember that." Alec wiped his eyes with his finger and Magnus snuggled his face on Alec's neck holding him tight in his arm. For long he wanted his alexander back in his arm and now he got what he wish for.