Chapter 18

2 weeks later

"How were you feeling Mr Lightwood? Does the morning sickness bothering you much?" Dr Ranver was pleased seeing Alec and Magnus both together in their appointment. "It was okay. I guess its coming down a bit." Alec said while sitting down placing his hand on his tummy. It started to show now since he is 16 weeks pregnant. "He lied. He lives in the bathroom now." Magnus chuckled while Alec looked at him angrily. "Well I have some good news and bad news. I'm pretty sure you wanted to heard the bad news first." Both of them nodded hoping the bad news is something treatable. "Alec the cancer spread from your liver which is why you have pain most on the right side. The liver is the one who produce your red bloods and when it fails you will be anemic which is why you are pale as ghost. Not too mention now you're carrying twins and you need more blood in you and it doesn't help if your organ is failing. But the good news is we removed the cancer. We tested it and we found out you still stage 1 and its benign means its not rapid. During your surgery they manage to removed the tumor but in order to keep you healthy we need to do frequent check ups so you wont have anymore problem throughout the pregnancy." Magnus was actually relieved hearing what the doctor said. "We will do whatever it takes. Just tell me what and I'll make him do it." Magnus didn't even looked at Alec but he knows something is upsetting him. "Okay, we will schedule you for the test and we will see each other in another 2 weeks. Here's my card and call me if you have any questions or concern." She handed him the card and Magnus took happily. "Thank you doctor. Thank you so much." They both got up and shake hands with the doctor. When they both left, Magnus held Alec's arm and rubbed it up and down softly while looking at his eyes. "Alec is everything okay? You were awfully quiet, it scares me." Magnus keep looking at his eyes. His hazel eyes then meet with his brown eyes. "Is that mean I will be able to watch my twins grow? We will live together and grow old together. Or am I in my dreams again. Magnus pinch me so I would wake up." Magnus pinched him in his arm and he groaned in pain while looking at him as if he doesn't know anything about it. "What? You told me to pinched you." He laughed at Alec being so silly. But then he leaned in and kissed him on the lips. Alec pouting trying to be mad at his alpha but he couldn't stay mad at least not after their news. "But the doctor still said you might have some symptoms and they need to keep you checked up." Alec growled at hearing he will be poked and examined repeatedly till he is due. He rolled his eye back and Magnus hated seeing him like this. "Rolled your eyes at me again and you will be punished." Alec surprised his Magnus sudden Alpha mode. "Or what?" He looked back with a mischievous look. "What are you gonna do daddy?" Magnus doesn't know what turned him more on either Alec being playful or the way he calling him daddy. "Or I will have to fuck you so hard, you won't be able to sit down for a week." Alec knows Magnus will never hurt him or the babies. But the role playing never stops. The fact that they are in middle of the clinics and they are everyone passing by them causing them to whispered to each other making it more intense. Magnus held Alec by his waist and they continued on the role played for a while till someone tapped Magnus on the shoulder making him jumped. "You guys shouldn't showed your affection in public, your gonna made somebody puked." Cat gestured a disgust look but relieved that both of her idiot friend are back together. Magnus held back his laughed and let go of Alec's waist but then he held Alec's hand. "Good, they can join the club cause I want to vomit now." Alec held his stomach and leaned by the wall making Magnus hold him from falling. "You've been standing for a while lets find you a seat. " Magnus look around and bring Alec to the chair close to them. "Look at how fast they grow." Cat smiled while placing her hand on Alec's tummy giving it a small rub. Alec smiled placing his hand on her and looked down at his small tummy. Its getting rounder but bigger than the last time they saw each other. They were talking for a while before Magnus heard Alec's stomach growled. Its already lunch time and Alec is particularly grumpy when he's hungry. "Cat wanna join us for lunch?" He asked. "No its okay, I gotta run. I'm picking Madzie up from school. I just wanna see you guys and see how Alec's doing." Madzie, the small 6 year old girl. Cat adopt her when the poor girl's mother left her in ER. She so cute and energetic making Alec wonder if he has a girl he want her to be just like Madzie. "When can I see Madzie again? I miss her." Magnus gestured earning a smile from Alec. "Yeah, bring her to the loft. We can babysit her for a day while you're working." Alec suggested. "No Alec she's a handful. You will get tired entertaining her." She wanted them to see Madzie but for a visit not to babysit cause Alec's body is weak. "She's a sweetheart, she wont wear Alec out. I will be responsible for her." Magnus said and Alec looked at him with a big smile on his face. "I'll think about it okay. I gotta go. I'll see you later?" Both nodded and Cat kiss Alec and Magnus on their cheek before she went. Then they both woke up from the chair and start to walk leaving the hospital. 

They were driving together when Alec wanted Magnus to stop for lunch. He wanted to eat when they passed by the cafe. "Can we eat here babe?" He pointed at the cafe and Magnus smiled nodding. He pulled over and parked their care and walked together inside the cafe. They both found a seat by the window and sat face to face each other. Alec couldn't help being adorable but he wont care. He's starving and he craved for sweet things. When the waitress came and took their order, she's smiled when she saw Alec's tummy. He ordered bunch on donuts with other pastries and even some blueberry milkshake. Magnus ordered himself a turkey sandwich and a coke. "I think you're carrying a girl since you keep asking sweet things lately." Suddenly Magnus asked making Alec looked down on his stomach while he leaned back on the chair. He rubbed his tummy and looked back at Magnus. "You think so?" He looked at him and smiled, then he grabbed Magnus' hand on the table and tangled their fingers together. The waitress came with their orders and placed a sundae ice cream with a blueberry on top. "Here, for your little blueberry, on the house." She smiled and left them with the food she brought, and Magnus mouthed thank you to her before she takes her leave. Alec couldn't help feeling overwhelmed and he ate the ice cream first. He wiped the bowl cleaned and moved on to the next plate. Magnus smiled seeing him so happy eating only desserts mostly. "Alec you should eat more healthy things and I mean it." He said while looking at Alec making Alec stopped chewing for a moment and stares at him. "If I want to eat healthy I would but I'm not the one who requested this, your kids are." Then he continued back on his food. He heard how Magnus sighed heavily. "We need to buy some groceries later, I want to fill our fridge with more vegetables and fruits." Alec scrunched his nose making weird face and gave up to his Alpha. "I need to use the restroom before we go. Your kids are pressing my bladder." Magnus smiled looking at Alec while he stood up and take his leave. While Alec was gone Magnus cleared the check. "Here you go. You must be very happy for your partner and the baby on going. When is he due?" Magnus looked up and smiled, "Not till another 5 months. I hope I could make him eating more healthier but he wont listen." Magnus said while pointing at the plate Alec ordered." She smiled at him while clearing the table. "Don't worry he'll come around. Let him eat all he want. If you hold him back he will go on a hunger strike and you'll be worried." She made her point cleared and that made Magnus think. Alec will easily get upset if he hold him back. He was lost in his thought when Alec came and called his name few times but he didn't heard him. Till Alec pat him on his shoulder, "Magnus, is everything okay?" Magnus was startled when he felt Alec's hand on his shoulder. He smiled back and nodded. "Lets go." They both walked out from the cafe and went to one of the store nearby their loft for groceries. Magnus was pushing trolley filling it up with tomatoes, some green vegetable and fruits. The only thing Alec pick from that isle is blueberry. Then they walked more and Alec took some pickle jar and put in the trolley. They walked more and Magnus keep stuffing more healthy stuffs in the trolley. But when he put them in Alec put it back on the shelf. "Magnus its too expensive, we don't need them." He put the box back on the shelf and Magnus took it back and placed it in the trolley. "I don't care, I want my kids have a good stuffs." He literally fought with Alec over some stupid box of tea. "Its organic and it helps with the morning sickness. Trust me" Alec sighed refused to lengthen the argument. He just walked before him stomping his foot angrily. Then he bumped into a trolley. Apparently that person pushed the trolley the same time Alec coming out the isle. Luckily Alec stopped the trolley before it hits his tummy. "I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" That person looks at him and he looked back with wide eyes. "Mum."