Chapter 12

Magnus was watching Alec slept peacefully for a while now. He gazed on his face since its been a while he didn't get to do that. He smiled cause sometimes Alec scrunched his nose and crooked his eyebrow while sleeping. Must have been dreaming about something, he thought. Then suddenly someone walked into Alec's room, it was Catarina. She was panting as if she just been running 10 laps. "Is Alec's okay? How is he? What did they said? Is the babies okay?" Cat's asked like a cop to Magnus without noticing how angry he is right now to her. "What are you doing here?" She asked making Magnus even more angrier. He pulled Cat out from the room cause he doesn't want Alec to woke up hearing their argument. "Magnus let go off me, your hurting my arm." She said when they left Alec's room after Magnus literally dragged her out while closing the door. "What the fuck Cat? I thought you were my best friend! And I'm hearing this now? How could you do this to me? You know how important Alec is to me!" Magnus started to argue and he didn't even realized his tears filling up. "Important? Magnus you left him! How do you think you deserve any of this?" Cat argued back making Magnus turned giving Cat his back. He sighed lifting his head up, closing his eyes. "Wait, how did you know? Who told you?" Magnus turned back and looked at her with tearing eyes. "Izzy. She called me. Alec was in pain and I brought him here. Cat I almost lost them today. I know what I did was wrong but I will make it up to Alec, I promise. I will never repeat my stupid mistake again." Magnus said with heart broken look. Cat actually see fear in his eyes. Fear of losing Alec. "Yeah, you are stupid you know that. You're an idiot." Cat said while raising her left eyebrow. Magnus looked at her and then smirked. They were friends for long time and Magnus glad to have a friend like her. Magnus walked passed her and went to Alec's room.

 Alec still sleeping and this is the first time he could actually slept more than two hours. They both took Alec's each side and Magnus hold his hand. It's cold and pale but at least he is here with him. Then Alec started to move. He opened his eyes slowly but then he put his hand on his mouth trying to stop gagging. He shot up signing he want to throw up. Cat immediately passed the trash can next to the table to him and he let go all in it. He puked into the trash can and coughed up after gagged. His back was in front of Magnus so he could feel Magnus rubbing it softly while looking at Cat concerned all over his eyes. She nodded at him signing it's okay, its normal anyway for the first trimester. He knew it was normal but seeing Alec like this broke his heart. After few gagged and dry heaving sound Alec lied back down holding his stomach. Magnus wiped his mouth and saw at the tissue making him stared with wide eyes. It has blood on it means Alec vomited blood. He showed it to Cat and that made Cat went out from the room leaving Magnus all alone confused. He throw the tissue in the trash can and rubbed Alec's hair. He smiled at that gesture and turned to face him. "Why are you still here? Shouldn't you get back to work?" Alec said weakly earning smiled from Magnus's face. "You are more important. Don't worry about it okay, you need rest, I'm not going anywhere." He stood and leaning on Alec's lips and kiss him softly. When he opened his yes, he saw Alec frowned at him. "You just saw me vomit my heart out, aren't you disgusted by it?" Alec is so fragile thinking Magnus would be disgusted by him. Little did he know Magnus would do it without even thinking about for a second. He smiles and he went back to kiss his lips, over and over again. The kiss was more peck on the lips but it was enough since he is starting over his relationship with Alec. His gesture making Alec's blushed and pushed him back, "Okay, enough stop." Magnus chuckled and sat back on the bed. Then Cat barged back in the room with someone by her side. It was the doctor who treated Alec earlier. Cat asked Magnus to give the doctor some room to work so he get up and stand by the end of the bed looking at Alec. They were checking on Alec. She placed her stethoscope on his chest and his tummy then he made Alec sat down so he could listen to his back. Then they made him lie back down. She asked him to opened his mouth so they could examined his throat. Then they start to examined his tummy, he lifted his shirt up and let them touching his tummy. They started from his lower tummy and moving up to the left to the right. When she touches on Alec's right abdomen slightly below his diaphragm he started to winced in pain. Then Magnus saw the doctor looked at Cat worried and making Magnus impatient. He walked to stand beside Cat and placed his hand on Alec's shoulder. "Is everything alright?" The doctor let Alec pulled his shirt back down and sat on the chair beside him. "Mr Lightwood, we both knew you have a decision to make. I'm sorry for this but its for your own good. The swelling is getting worst and it hurts when I touched it means its either ruptured or swollen. We need to take a look at it and take some biopsy to see how far it extended. We don't want it to progress and hurt the babies right?" She said softly making Alec sighed and looked at Magnus. He stared at him making Magnus leaned and kissed his forehead. He held his hand strong knowing how weak he is. he closed his eyes and nodded. "we will prepare you for that,don't worry you will asleep through out the procedure, they will put some devices to see what is going on inside and stopped if there is any bleeding and we will took some of the biopsy okay? It will be done tomorrow, you take rest now." The doctor said and stood up left the room followed by Cat. Magnus leaned their forehead together and breathed deeply. Their hands tangled with each other. Alec couldn't help but tearing up making Magnus stared at his face. He closed his eyes with his hand and sobbed through it. Magnus looked at him and pulled him for a hug. "Shh, babe, it's gonna be okay. Everything is gonna be okay. I'm here now." He rubs Alec's back softly calming him down. Alec pulled away from the hug and looked at his face. He stared for awhile and lost in his thought. Magnus touched his cheek and rubbing his thumb wishing his tears away. "Don't leave me again." Alec suddenly said making Magnus surprised. "Never, I promise you that." Alec smiled and pulled Magnus for a kiss. They deepen the kiss and Magnus put his hand on Alec's tummy, just below the navel. "i'm gonna take good care of the three of you, I promised you that Alec. Give me another chance. I promised I will make up for it. I love you so much. I'm so sorry I hurt you." Alec smiled looking down at Magnus' hand and placed his hand on top of his. He wanted to reply when suddenly someone went inside their room. It was Izzy and Jace.