Chapter 27

They both woke up that morning and ready to go to Max's grave. Alec was putting on his long sleeve white shirt with a black leggings. He couldn't wear his normal jeans anymore since his tummy is growing everyday. He looked up to himself at the mirror rubbing his tummy. Magnus saw how insecure Alec was and he came from behind him, placing his hand on his tummy. He rested his chin on Alec's shoulder. "Gorgeous, my beautiful family." Alec held Magnus' hand on his tummy and smiled. Magnus kissed his cheek, "Come on, lets go. We don't want to be late." Alec sighed and went out from the room together with Magnus.

Magnus, Alec and Clary was in a car together and Magnus was driving. He keep on looking at Alec and he knows how nervous Alec is. He didn't stop staring to the road and lost in his thought. Magnus grabbed Alec's hand on his lap and squeezed it tight. It must have startled Alec cause he flinched when Magnus touched him. Magnus raised Alec's hand and kissed the back of his palm. Alec smiled at him and continued to stare at the road. Then Magnus let their hand on Alec's tummy not letting it parted. Their fingers tangled with each other. Soon when they arrived at the graveyard, Magnus opened the door for Alec and helped him out. They both walked together to Max's grave and Alec is glad no one is there but them. Alec stopped when he saw Max's gravestone. Magnus looked back when Alec's hand pulling him backward. "Mags, I cant do this. Please let just go home." Alec looked so scared and tears were already filling up his eyes. Magnus came closer and cupped his cheek making Alec closed his eyes and let the tears flowed on his cheeks. Magnus wished it away. "You're gonna get through this. I'm not gonna leave you, I'm right here by your side. You are stronger than you think Alec." Alec looked down at his feet and nodded. He doesn't want to show anyone he is weak but Magnus is his strength and he will have to face his fear eventually.

They walked up to the gravestone and Alec could see clearly the marking. 'Maxwell Lightwood. Brother, son. Taken too soon but never forgotten' Alec kneeled by Max's grave and rested his hand on the lettering. He let his finger through every letters. Then he reached out from his pocket a small soldier toy and placed it on Max's gravestone. It was Max's favorite toy when he was a little. "hey buddy. I miss you so much. How are you doing there? Did you miss me? If you were here with us you would be the best uncle ever. I can't wait for them to come out so I can tell them about you." Alec leaned his forehead to Max's gravestone and his tears flowing and falls on the ground. "I'm so sorry. I supposed to be there for you. If I could been there to pick you up, you won't have to be like this. Please forgive me." Alec sobbed and tears flowing on his cheeks. Magnus grabbed Alec and pulled him into a hug, they were both kneeling by the grave. Clary placed the flower they got on the ground and rubbed Alec's arm. She knew how hard it is for him after all these years. "Alec."

He looked behind his shoulder and saw his mum with his siblings coming towards him. He got up and they hugged him. Maryse kissed Alec on his cheek and wipe the tears away. Magnus smiled seeing how the Lightwood reunited. But the beautiful moment was ruined when suddenly Robert make an appearance. "What are you doing here?" Alec looked behind him and saw Robert with his hand in his pocket. "I deserve to be here too. Max is my brother and there's nothing you can do to stop me from being here." Alec looked into his father's eyes and how he hated that man for putting him into so much pain. He's the reason being why Alec couldn't see Max before he die. "You're the reason he's dead, so you have no right to be here." Alec's heart hurt when he heard Robert still blaming him after all these years. 

Robert came closer to Alec and Magnus grabbed Alec behind him. "You will never touch him ever again. I will not let you touch my family ever again!" Magnus was protecting Alec and so was the rest of his family. "What family? You're nothing but a pathetic little bitch and your kids will be nothing but a disappointment." Robert was pointing at Alec and made Magnus heart boiled. "I guess it runs in the family." He smirked. Robert clenched his fist and couldn't hold back, he swung his fist towards Magnus but Alec pushed him to the side and the fist hit him instead making him fall on the ground. "Alec!" They all shouted and Jace held back his father. Magnus turned to his side and saw Alec on the ground holding his stomach. He has cut on his lips and its bleeding. Maryse and Izzy was by his side and Clary stood before Alec. "Robert stopped hurting Alec!" Maryse shouted. Magnus got up and he went towards Robert, pushing Jace away so he could punched him for hurting Alec. "Magnus stopped, its not worth it! Go and check on Alec now." Clary shouted at him and making him realized that Alec is hurting. He ran towards Alec and saw how Alec is crying and Izzy was trying to calm him down. "Oh god Alexander, are you okay." He was holding Alec in his arm and Alec nodded. "I'm okay, please stop fighting. I wanna go home. Take me home please." Alec was pleading and his cheek is wet from the tears. Magnus helped him up and he held Alec to his side. He hugged him glad that Alec is okay. Alec gave Robert last look, "I might not be the son you've always wanted but you thought me how I should treat my children in the future. With love, respect and support them with all of the decision they made for their future. Not with hatred and disgust." Alec leave the graveyard with Magnus by his side and Clary followed them. The whole time they drove back home is silence and Magnus couldn't help but worry. "Alexander we should go and checked if everything is okay." Alec shook his head and grabbed Magnus' thigh. "I'm fine babe, I just wanna go home." Magnus wasn't happy with Alec's wanting to go home but he couldn't force Alec too. "I will call Cat to come and check you at the loft is that okay?" Alec nodded weak and laid his head on the window thinking back on what happened at the graveyard. He hated leaving his family with Robert like that. He wished he could do something but the only thing he could was protecting himself. Everyone will tried to protect him from Robert but he knew he would never escaped from him. Robert will have his revenged on Alec and it only matter of time before he destroyed his happiness. Alec couldn't stop thinking and worried about his future. Their future together.