Chapter 6

Alec slowly open his eyes and felt the room was spinning. Then again he felt the nausea and he wanted to throw up. He wanted to walk to the trash can again but he couldn't even get his body up. Then he felt someone touches his shoulder and gave a bowl for him to throw up. He didn't think twice he spilled out his guts but the problem was there's nothing to spilled. His stomach is empty after all the vomiting and only end up making a dry heaving sound and he coughed. He gagged and Cat rub his back. " I thought this things gonna make me feel better." He said and lifting up his hand showing her the cannula she put earlier. She smiled and let Alec lean back to the bed and she sighed looking at him. "Alec we need to talk." She said suddenly making Alec looked at her with wide eyes. "Is everything okay?"

                  "Alec there's nothing I can do to help with the vomiting cause there's a reason why you vomited that much. We tested your blood, it came back positive for pregnancy." That word making Alec jumped and sat up on the bed, " Are you kidding me? How the hell it happened? Its impossible!." He started to panicked and he held his hair thinking on when the last time he had sex with Magnus then it hits him. He facepalm himself, "fucking sangria." He cursed. "What?" Cat got confused on why Alec cursing the drink instead of the person she knew very well. "It was the night at the party, your party, remember? We got so drunk, we went home and I think we had sex without any protection." He remembered well that night Magnus was enjoying to much vodka and making Alec drank the sangria, Alec hated it but he follows his Alpha orders. "Alec what are you gonna do? Are you gonna tell Magnus?" Cat asked concern on Alec well being. Alec shook his head, " NO! And you can't and absolutely don't fucking say anything to him. You got me?!" Alec now being emotionally disturbed since he still hasn't settle anything with his family. Oh god, his dad gonna kill him for sure. "Alec whatever your decision is I'm here to support you but please, don't abort the baby. It doesn't deserve to be treated like that even if you don't have any choice in this world. You got me?" Alec nodded rubbing his palm on his face thinking on what to do next. He never expect things like this would happened. They been together for years and they always careful. Not that Magnus didn't want any kids but Alec knew not until they are married he doesn't want to have any baby with Magnus. "there's something else-" Cat continued. 

          "What is it?" Alec started to look concern as he don't think there would be any other devastating news than this. He doesn't think he could take both bad news on one day. He knows its bad news cause Cat has this expression on her face describing the whole situation. "Alec we tested your blood and we found out your white cell count is low. Terribly low. there are few components that shown certain concern too. Usually it has related to any sort of viruses but my doctor said something else." What did he said? Alec is getting more concern. "It could be anything but the main thing he worried about is cancer." Alec felt like his heart just felt out from the sky and dropped the ground. He couldn't described the weird feeling he had in his stomach other than being sick and the vomit earlier but this feeling is different. The same feeling he had when Magnus said he want their relationship to be over. He felt he lost everything in a day. "But it's not confirm right? How would you test it? I mean I still might have chances that its not true right cat?" Cat didn't answer, she couldn't react to his questions cause she knows its not true. " Alec, what about the bruises on your body? Do you hurt yourself or you woke up like that?" Alec started to examining himself, he didn't realized the bruise is visible in his body. He thought that Magnus love to get kinky but not at certain places. For example on his underarm, leg and even back. He thought because of his clumsiness sometimes he didn't even realized how he got the bruises, he didn't even remember bang to anything or hit to something. "what are we gonna do?" "Alec if its confirmed you have cancer, you can't start treatment cause of the baby." Alec never thought he would have to make a hard choices. "what should I do now? Tell me what to do Cat. I don't know what am I supposed to do?" Alec started to sobbed and he cant stop his tears from falling down. Cat holds him to a hug and he just cried his eyes out on her shoulder. He never felt so horrible like this unlike the day he was kicked out from his parent's out. "hey, look at me." Cat was holding Alec both arms and asked him to look straight into her eyes. " you can do this, one step at the time. Okay? First we'll take the test first and we will go through from there alright?" He nodded even though he wants to scream and shout but he can't since he is in a hospital. 

              "We need to start on those test as soon as possible Mr. Lightwood. We can't do CT scan because of your pregnancy but we can do ultrasound and MRI. Those are safe for baby. You can go home and think about it but come back as soon as you decide, okay? I will discharged you with some anti vomiting medication and you need to start taking the multivitamins for your baby progress. We will schedule you the date of appointment with the obstetric to plan for your care and the rest is decided to you. Alright Mr. Lightwood. Any questions?" The doctor said to him but as if he is in his own world and he didn't responded to the question. "It's okay, I got this doc, thank you." Cat said and took the prescription from him. "Alec. You need to take this, its very important cause Omega body need to be fit for the baby. If your weak the baby will be weak too and you might lose it. You hear me?" Alec just nodded and he got up, still feeling dizzy but a bit better after the fluids. "Cat." Alec started to speak. "Yeah?" "Don't tell anyone about this okay? Not until I told them myself." Cat nodded understood he want to keep a secret till he get it all sort out. Then he went out from the hospital after taking the medication from the pharmacy. He stood in front of the hospital and he started to walk. He walked and walked and he didn't stop for anything, he wanted to run but he couldn't given at his condition so he decided to walk. 

                   Till at one point he stopped by the lake where he and Magnus used to hang out enjoying the sunset. As he sat on the bench there's an old lady sat at the other end. She saw how Alec's face is filled with questions and emotions. "Are you okay son?" She asked. She is probably in her 70's and she has white curly hair with short body. She wears a blue blouse and covered it with a sleeveless sweater and brown pants. Her hands is wrinkle as her age and she's knitting while sitting there. "yeah, bad day." He smiled at her. "well good thing happens to good people. I know you are a good people. Even when you say you have a bad day, you still smile at random stranger. That's your bless kiddo." Her words haunting Alec as she speaks and Alec just sat there listening to her talking about her day. "If good thing happened to good people then I must be bad people to deserve this day." He said as tears started to filled up his eyes. " Sometimes its not a bad thing, its just a test to see whether or not you deserve it. Not everything in this world is free you know." She smile showing her straight dentures. "that's not true. Kindness is free. Love is free. Caring and compassion is free." Alec said disagreeing with her. She smiled back at him, "well I guess you deserve it then, anyway the baby will be as kind as you. You have nothing to worry about. Your gonna be a great parent one day." Alec was shocked when he heard it. "H-H-How did you know?" "Darling I have live long enough to know a pregnant Omega. I deliver few of them myself. They have the scent that only certain people can smell it. Plus your showing." She said and pointed at his face. "what's in my face? How am I showing?" He started to rub his cheek and felt ridiculous as if something got stucked on it. "you'll see. Once you accepted it." She smiled and then she got up and left. Alec stays there for few hours and noticed its getting darker and he need to get back. The moment when he got up, he started to feel dizzy and he almost fall down but suddenly someone catches his body from falling. "Alec, are you okay?" He recognized that voices very well. He missed that voices so much he started to wonder if its a dream or reality. Then he looked up, he was right. "Magnus?"