Brittana: Midnight Crisis

In this AU, Sam's an ass :)

"Santana?" Brittany's voice whispered from the other side of the phone.

"Britt?" Santana's voice was raspy from exhaustion. "It's like twelve in the morning. Why are you still awake?"

"I can't..." Brittany shivered. "I can't sleep without you beside me. Can you please let me in?"

Santana was awake completely now. "You're outside my house?" She threw off the covers and hopped off her bed to peek out the blinds of her window. Sure enough, Brittany was pacing outside in the cold.

Santana rushed down her stairs and pulled the door wide open to see her best friend with tears streaming down her face.

"I just c-caught Sa-Sam with... with-" Brittany choked on a sob, rushing forward and embracing Santana. "He cheated on me!"

The first thing that surged into Santana was confusion, but that was quickly replaced by fury. How could Sam do that to Brittany?! She was the best person to have in your life, and he just threw it all away?!

The next feeling was of sadness for her best friend. Brittany was so committed, so in love, and it was all just thrown out of the window.

The final feeling was relief and hope. She probably shouldn't have had such selfish feelings considering what had just occurred, but she was in love with Brittany for the longest time. Now that the asshole was out of the way, she could have Brittany in her arms whenever she wanted.

"Come inside, you're probably cold," Santana told her gently, still not letting go until Brittany was ready.

"Th-thank you, San," Brittany sniffed, burying her face deeper in Santana's hair. Santana could feel her shirt get wet under the tears, but she didn't mind. "You're the best best friend ever."

Friendzoned.

Again.

"Hey, I take care of you, and you take care of me. Sam's an asshole. I wouldn't hesitate to cut off his balls and stuff them down his throat far enough for him to poop them back out. But, like you always say. Stop the violence. I'll just yell at him."

"I'm not even all that angry that he cheated on me," Brittany sighed. This shocked Santana more than anything. Who wouldn't be angry over being cheated on? "I was planning on breaking up with him soon, anyway. He was saying some really mean things about you earlier, and my priority goes to my best friend."

Santana kissed Brittany's forehead, stepping back slightly to look her in the eye. "You're perfect, and he doesn't deserve you. Especially after cheating." Brittany smiled sadly at that. "So, if you're not mad at the cheating, what are you angry about?"

"The fact that he blamed our failing relationship on you. Since you're lesbian, he thinks you were a threat to our relationship considering how close of friends you and I are."

Santana chuckled, "Yeah, I would totally hate us if I didn't know us."

"He... he kind of had a point, though," Brittany hesitated for a moment.

Santana cocked her head, considering her. Was Brittany saying what she thought she was saying, or was Santana just reading into things?

"What do you mean by that?" The Latina asked slowly.

"You were a threat to our relationship because I have feelings for you. Feelings that are way more intense than what I have - sorry, had with Sam," Brittany finally explained, distancing herself so Santana could process what the blonde was saying.

Santana's finger came under Brittany's chin, and she guided the blonde's face over to her own. "If that's your way of telling me that you love me, then I'm kind of disappointed because I wanted to say it first."

Brittany giggled, her tears completely gone. "Can we go to your room? Not... in the wanky way that you're probably thinking of. I'm just really tired, and I need my best friend-"

"Uh, excuse you. Girlfriend, now," Santana teased.

"I need my girlfriend beside me," Brittany breathed as if she couldn't believe what was happening.

As they cuddled close together on the bed, Santana exhaled deeply as if she could tell that this was exactly where she belonged.

Brittany moved so close to Santana that Santana could feel her eyelashes tickling her temple. Brittany kissed Santana's cheek intimately. "Sam's face isn't as soft as yours. I guess that's a good thing," she snickered as Santana groaned in frustration.

"Please don't mention Trouty Mouth when I'm trying to get my mack on," Santana complained, bringing Brittany impossibly closer before their lips met softly.

Santana felt Brittany's smile against her lips as they kept the kiss deep yet soft. Brittany's hand traveled down to Santana's shirt, her fingers reaching her toned stomach.

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" Santana questioned a moment after they broke the kiss. "After Sam and whatnot?"

"Santana, I've never wanted anything more in my entire life," Brittany murmured. "Now give me sweet lady kisses."

A/N

And that's about how intimate it gets. You want smut, you should look elsewhere. Thank you -AllOrNothing- for the Brittana request. I hope this satisfies you!

If you enjoyed, please vote and comment! Happy reading!