Quick: Thunder

Noah Puckerman wasn't afraid of anything. He was The Saw. He could shut a kid up with a single glare. He could charm a girl with a flex of his arm. He could wink at an old lady and that'd result in her fainting and going to her deathbed.

Puck wasn't scared.

Not at all.

"Quinn!" He weeped at the roar of thunder from above. He clutched his girlfriend's hand, letting her hug him. "I hate thunder! It's the only thing louder than Rachel Berry!"

Quinn shook with laughter. "I-Is Noah Puckerman scared of thunder?" She asked, letting out a hysterical fit of laughter.

"I am not! I just hate it!" Noah insisted, but flinched when another crack of thunder was heard overhead.

He dove under the covers of his girlfriend's bed and brought a pillow over his head as if that would muffle the sound. After Quinn's laughter ceased, she joined him and patted his arm gently.

"Noah," she spoke softly. "It'll be okay." His shoulders relaxed under her soothing touch. "Hey, look at me."

He took the pillow off his head and turned to face her. She pressed her lips in his hair. "Thunder's a sound. It won't hurt you. Do you want to listen to music to drown it out?"

Quinn loved that he was allowing himself to show all his vulnerabilities, even if it was as silly as a fear of thunder.

Puck shook in fear once more at the roar from above. Quinn plugged her phone into the speakers in her room, and suddenly the only thing they could hear was the sound of Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri.

"This song is totally lame," Puck huffed, but Quinn didn't budge to change it.

"My I have this dance?" She questioned formally, taking his hand and helping him stand up.

"This-this isn't right. I'm not supposed to be afraid. I shouldn't have to be comforted," he frowned. "I look weak."

"Trusting me is the bravest thing you could ever do," Quinn reassured before wrapping her arms around his neck.

Just by looking straight into Quinn's eyes, Puck found comfort. The slow music, added with their closeness made the intimate moment even more romantic. He pressed his forehead against hers and closed his eyes, breathing in the scent of raspberries that always seemed to linger around her.

"I love you," he finally breathed. He opened his eyes to see Quinn smiling. He leaned down and pressed a chaste kiss to her lips. "And thank you."

"I love you too," Quinn rose up on her tiptoes to peck him once more. "And you're welcome."

The two swayed to the music, the thunder forgotten. Quinn was simply Puck's source of comfort, and now he could finally say that he wasn't scared of anything. Especially with Quinn by his side.

A/N

Short and sweet like a lot of my one-shots. I was gonna make this a Brittana one with Santana afraid of thunder, buuuuut I write a lot of Brittana and not enough Quick. If you enjoyed, please vote and comment! Happy reading!