Karley: Kids

A seven-year-old Kitty was running as fast as her little legs could carry her. She was screaming in delight as she turned to see that she was still being chased by the excited puppy. Suddenly, her foot got caught on a rock, and soon she was tumbling forward.

The puppy whimpered as she let out a cry of pain, her knee now bleeding. Kitty sat on the curb, nursing her injury. She couldn't get up, otherwise she'd fall and hurt herself again.

"I guess I'll have to wait for a superhero to rescue me," she sighed, breathing deeply to calm herself.

After several minutes, a little brunette girl, about the same age as Kitty, walked up to her. The brunette had her hands on her hips, and with the sun behind her, she seemed to glow in Kitty's eyes.

"Are you Supergirl?" Kitty asked in awe.

"No, silly. I'm Marley!" The newcomer reached her hand down, and the little blonde stared at it warily.

"I'm Kitty. My mom tells me that I shouldn't trust strangers," Kitty pouted.

"My mommy tells me the same thing! But I don't see anyone else trying to help you. So will you take my hand or not?" Marley shook her hand in front of Kitty's face.

Reluctantly deciding to trust the girl, Kitty slipped her hand into hers, and Marley helped her up with surprising strength.

"Woah! You are Supergirl!" The blonde gasped, earning a giggle from Marley.

"Whatever you say," Marley replied, helping the shorter girl walk.

"Why are you helping me?" Kitty decided to question.

"You're bleeding. My house is really close. I can give you a band-aid, and then you can go back home!" Marley answered patiently. "Ooh, who's this?"

The brunette crouched down and scratched the puppy behind his ears. The little dalmatian wagged his tail in excitement for new company.

"That's Duke! My parents just got me him!" Kitty exclaimed. "Isn't he the cutest?"

"It's funny how your name is Kitty, but you have a puppy," Marley giggled.

Kitty loved her sweet little giggle. She also loved how blue Marley's eyes were. And how brave she was to be helping her. And how strong she was. She loved how she tied her brown hair up and gave Kitty a confident smile.

"I love you," Kitty blurted out.

Oh no. No, no, no, no.

She didn't mean to say that! The blonde's eyes widened comically, and she blushed deeply. "I mean- uh. I meant I love your helpfulness! Yeah! I love you for your help!" She nodded several times as if that proved her point.

"Okay! I love you too, then!" Marley replied cheerfully. "Let's get you that band-aid! My mommy is making hot dogs and lemonade when I come back. You should stay for them. It'll be so much fun!"

A/N

A little seven-year-old fluff for Supergirl_MarleyRose because she requested another Karley one-shot. I hope you enjoyed, and if you did, please vote and comment! Happy reading!