The Sunshine Twins: Anniversary

Brittany and Blaine plan their joint anniversary to surprise Santana and Kurt.

"Come on, Blaine!" Brittany exclaimed. "Since Kurt's sleeping his butt off, and Santana's taking care of Heather, we should plan our anniversary!"

Blaine scurried from out of the house, a tiny skip in his step from his excitement. He didn't get to spend time with Brittany all that much anymore, so he'd take any chance he could. It was obvious Brittany reflected his excitement if spending time with her friend.

"So, I take it you and Santana are going well?" He asked, just to make conversation.

"Yeah! Recently we got a babysitter so that we can get some more alone time together. And not in a wanky way, even though that's a bonus, but just because we don't get to spend enough time together. Who knew babies could be so much work?"

"You're telling me," Blaine chuckled. "The twins have been such a handful. Kurt and I are lucky we even can get a break. I'm really glad we got time together, though, Brittany. I've missed you."

Brittany smiled, tousling his curly hair, "I've missed you, too. Now let's get on with planning! What did you do for Kurt last year?"

"Oh, you know. The usual: fancy dinner, late movie where we ended up not even watching the movie because we were... busy," Blaine cleared his throat. "The next morning was more of the adventure, though. The twins were at their Aunt Rachel's place, so Kurt took me ice-skating, then got up on a stage that he specially got placed so that he could serenade me with his beautiful voice."

"Aw, you guys are so basic yet so adorable," Brittany cooed. Blaine wasn't sure if that was a compliment or not, so he simply offered her a grin that looked somewhat like a grimace. "I took Santana back to Lima just so we could have Breadstix. It's significant because that's where we first met. We had our first kiss behind the restaurant, and we had our first date there. We almost had our first time in the bathroom, but we were interrupted. I'm glad it wasn't rushed though. Our real first time was-"

"You just brought her to Breadstix?" Blaine questioned, his triangle brows furrowing. He did not want to hear about their first time.

"Yeah, and then she took me out to an abandoned mini-golf place where we danced under the stars," Brittany sighed dreamily. "Then there was a security guard that chased us away because apparently it's illegal to make love in a public place even though the public place isn't a public place anymore since it was abandoned," she chuckled at that. "It was so fun."

"Yeah," Blaine laughed heartily. "It sounded like a lot of fun."

There was a comfortable silence as Brittany drove, but then Blaine realized she hadn't told him where they were going and what they were getting, so he asked her.

"Oh, well, I think we should all take a road trip! I'm getting stuff that we'll need on the way!" Brittany bounced excitedly in her seat, causing the car to lurch slightly.

"Brittany, be careful," Blaine warned gently. He didn't really know how to act with Brittany sometimes. She was really quirky and confusing. She always said and did the randomest things, but at the same time she hated being treated like a child. He didn't understand how Santana could do it sometimes.

That doesn't mean he didn't enjoy Brittany's company, though. Her strangeness was like a breath of fresh air, and her happiness was almost infectious. Blaine couldn't blame Santana for falling for her.

"I'm not a child, Blaine," Brittany pouted slightly. "Do you treat Kurt like a baby, too?"

Blaine frowned, feeling slightly offended, "Of course not! Kurt can take care of himself, and I trust him to."

"But you don't trust me to?" Brittany didn't look upset or angry, she just quirked up her eyebrow and spared him a glance.

"I never said that; I was just warning you," Blaine insisted, rubbing his slightly sweaty hands out of frustration. He didn't like being interrogated like this.

"You gave me the warning after I made the mistake, though. If your warning was for future purposes, it was completely unnecessary because I already learned from the past mistake."

"I'm really confused," Blaine sighed.

"I just like getting on your nerves," Brittany stuck her tongue out childishly. "When Santana eventually learned that, she just figured that she should play along."

"Oh," was all Blaine could say. He decided to change the subject, "So where do you think we should drive to, and where are we getting the money from?"

"I've had money saved up from last year's anniversary. That's just something I like to do. Besides, having your own school for dancing tends to make a lot of money. I convinced Santana to save some, too. She's still doing commercials, but at least it isn't Yeast-I-Stat, anymore."

"I love those commercials!" Blaine snickered.

"Me too," Brittany gushed. "Santana looks adorable in them. So I take it your job with Kurt is going well?"

"Yeah, we've been to so many schools to teach them about the lgbt community, and I think we're really making an impact!" Blaine let out a tiny squeak of excitement at just the thought of it.

"I'm really glad! It's about time someone stepped up and taught our children the importance of being supportive," Brittany nodded. "So the money for the road trip is covered, I've made the checklist for the supplies we might need. Can you think of some places you might want to go before we go to California?"

"Is California our last destination?" Blaine questioned, taking out his Google Maps to search some good scenic areas.

"Yeah, I put our group into a lottery thing, and now we're going to go to the Annual Fair thing that they have. I don't really know what it is, but it sounds fun!"

"Nice! Brittany, you're a genius," Blaine complimented whole-heartedly. "So, I think we should go to Minneapolis, Minnesota first. We can see the Mall of America and stuff. Then I think we should head down to Houston, Texas so we can see NASA. My coworker went there and said she had a blast, so I've been looking forward to it for a while. Then I think we should just go straight to Cali from there. I doubt we'll have enough money to do anything else, anyway because we'll spend all our money."

"That sounds good! And if we have any extra money, we can spend it on the trip back to New York! This won't be just one day of an anniversary. It'll be like two weeks!"

"Kurt is going to be so excited," Blaine was practically shaking in his seat from elation. "I love seeing his reactions. They're so cute."

"I just want Santana to be proud of me so we can have an adventure before she'll need a long break," Brittany shrugged. "When we come back, I think we're gonna try for another baby. I got pregnant the first time, so she said she wants to get pregnant the next. If her last weeks before being pregnant are fun, she'll be grateful."

"Brittany, that's amazing!" Blaine almost jumped from his seat to hug her, but the car was still moving. "I'll just hug you when you park the car."

A/N

Thanks nerdgirl0416 for giving me the idea of the Sunshine Twins! They're one of the most underrated friendships.

If you enjoyed, please vote and comment! Happy reading!