Sunshine Twins: Horseback Riding

A Pierce-Anderson siblings one-shot just because. Also, bear with me here; it's been a while since I've ridden a horse, so I can't remember everything to know about horseback riding lol.

"Careful, Britt," Blaine gently warned, his hands finding her waist as he helped hoist her onto the beautiful brown and white horse.

"I've done this before, Blainey," the blonde giggled, swatting his hands away.

He just put his hands up in surrender, muttering an "okay, okay."

Ensuring that his sister was safely buckled onto the horse, her long blonde hair pulled into a high bun and stuffed into the helmet, he jumped onto his own black stallion. After carefully setting his helmet on his gelled hair, he adjusted his bowtie along with the straps that secured him onto the horse.

"C'mon, Britt!" He beckoned as he pushed the horse to begin on a slow trot. She soon followed him as they went along the familiar path.

They do this together every fifth day of each month. Five was a significant number to them because they were born on May 5th, which, if written in its shorter form, would be 5/5. Adding onto the coincidence, Brittany was born at 5:05 PM, and Blaine was born fifty minutes after, at 5:55.

As a result, five was a pretty important number to them.

"Even though we see each other all the time at home, I feel like I haven't talked to you in ages," Blaine started as they began to speed up, but not by much.

"That's because I'm usually scissoring with Santana," Brittany shrugged. "But yeah, it does feel like we don't talk to each other as much anymore."

"Well today is a day reserved just for us Sunshine Twins, so I think it'd be wise for us not to talk about Kurt or Santana," Blaine stated thoughtfully.

"Yeah, we'd end up missing them too much, and then I'd ditch you for sweet lady kisses," Brittany told him truthfully, and Blaine just laughed it off. He was used to her prioritizing things over him, but he knew not to take offense to it because Brittany was like that unknowingly.

"Blaine..." she started, suddenly looking sheepish. "You think I'm smart, right?"

"Duh," her brother immediately responded in his usual know-it-all tone. "Why? Did someone call you stupid again? Because I'll fight them."

"No, Santana usually scares them off," the blonde admitted. "Besides, your tiny gnome body wouldn't be able to take on anyone."

"Hey! I may be short, but I still have muscles!" Blaine immediately protested, his bottom lips jutting out into a pout.

"Blaine, the pout won't work on me. I'm your sister," Brittany rolled her eyes playfully. "Besides, I'm the one that taught you the pout. You taught me the puppy eyes. We're, like, the most dangerous combo ever."

He nodded in agreement, and the two delved into silence, the only sound coming from the click of the horseshoes on the gravelly path. They came across a sign and a fork in the road, and the two made an agreement to turn to the right, not even uttering a word to each other.

That's just how the Pierce-Anderson twins worked. Some may say they were a bit peculiar, but to them, everything they did together made perfect sense.

"You know, there's this thing that's been nagging me for a while..." Blaine awkwardly broke the silence, and Brittany turned her head to indicate she was listening. "Who's the little spoon between you and Santana?"

Brittany snorted, "San loves calling herself a knife, but what does that even mean? Obviously she's the little spoon. Have you seen her? She's, like..." Brittany pinched her fingers together, only putting a tiny distance between her thumb and pointer finger. "...tiny."