001 | Running Away and Arriving In Emmerdale

Charlotte's Pov

I was running away, I had to leave. I hate my foster parents they only pay attention to their biological daughter and ignore me. What did I ever do to deserve this life. My dad died four years ago and ever since I've been stuck with my foster family but they don't love me, they don't care about me so you know what I don't care about them.

"Charlotte your going to be late for school if you don't hurry up" my foster mother Amanda called from somewhere in the house, only because she doesn't want her precious little Chloe to be late to school.

"Yes Amanda!" I called back slipping on my bomber jacket over my school uniform. In my school pe bag I had a few pairs of spare clothes and underwear while in my main school bag I had a change of shoes, my framed photo of my Mum and dad when I was a baby, a few days before my Mum died. I was going to school but as soon as Amanda my step mum leaves the car park I'll be leaving and making a new life for myself, where I don't know yet.

"Hurry up Charlotte! I don't want to be late for school again!" Chloe shouts as she pushes her way into my room where I was lacing up my school shoes.

"Give me a chance Chloe!" I rolled my eyes before finally standing up

"You so annoying. I don't know why mummy and daddy fostered you" Chloe grumbled sounding annoyed as she grabbed my wrist and began pulling me out of my room and down the stairs too.

"Seriously Chloe! I can walk myself." I tried to pull myself back. I hated how she thought she could pull me about just because she's the biological daughter of Amanda and Steve.

"But your not so I have to make you" Chloe stopped on the stairs as she turned and started starring at me. I frowned at how demanding she was.

"Im 14 Chloe. I have my own mind and I can walk on my own I don't need you to pull me around like a bloody two year old." I shouted.

"Charlotte don't shout at your sister" Amanda rolled her eyes as she came from the dining room.

"Tell her to stop pulling me around. I've got my own legs and my own mind! I don't need her pulling me" I grumbled folding my arms. I was going to be glad when I was out of this house.

"Charlotte Emily-Rue your grounded! I've told you one too many times that you don't talk back to me. You don't shout at me and you don't be horrible to Chloe!" Amanda shouted, Chloe finished making her way down the stairs leaving me standing on the stairs

"Whatever. Take your precious little Chloe's side like always. Just because I'm not your biological daughter doesn't mean you can treat me like shit" I shouted in response. If it was the only way to be listened to then who cares.

"Go and get in the car now. We I'll finish this later!" Amanda shouted. I stormed down the rest of the stairs and straight out to the car. Amanda unlocked the car and I got in and waited for her and Chloe to come out.

"I'll be away from here soon" I whispered to myself as Chloe walks towards the car sticking her tongue out. I sighed knowing she'd just get away with it if I told Amanda. Amanda got in the car and drove to the school. She dropped us off and left. I waited a few minutes for Chloe to go into school before running out the school gates.

"This is it" I mumbled as I slowed down and started walking instead of running. My new life as a runaway orphan begins now and I could already tell it was going to be one hell of a ride. Soon I had been on the run for a whole week. been going through the bins for food, I've stole from shops for drinks and slept in Allyways. I had been caught by the police once but I managed to escape them. My phone had died two days onto me running away so I couldn't be tracked mostly since I also threw it into a lake too.

"Sorry" I mumbled as I walked into a stranger walking down the side of the road. I didn't know where I was but it looked pretty, I was sure it was the countryside. I continued walking and came across a village, Their was a pub, shop and even a café but where was I?. I looked around for a sign finally finding one which read 'Emmerdale' I saw children walking with their mum, a teenage boy talking what I thought would be his father. My stomach growls as i sit behind a building, I think it was the cafe. I started going through the bin as my stomach growled again.

"Shut up stomach, your going to get me caught" I mumbled to my stomach not wanting to get caught by anyone. If I got caught they would call the police, if they call the police social service would be called and then I would be back where it all started back with Amanda and Steve, back with Chloe getting her own way.

"Come on Mum your so slow" a young girl who looked like she was about eleven years old.

"Sarah slow down, I've got your brother as well!" The mum told her daughter while she walked holding a little boys hand. Evreyone seemed to know each other in the village which was lovely. I remember being a toddler and living in a village with my dad. Their was a pub and the pub had a puppy which I'd play with. This was bringing back memories even though I was hiding behind a building.

"Oi what are you doing!" A woman's voice asked. Immediately I ran for it, I ran round the corner and right into a woman.

"I'm sorry" I quickly helped her up and ran off again. I finally stopped running when I got to a church I didn't go inside I just sat on the bench opposite it. I brought my knees into my chest and sighed. That night I wandered around the village, taking in the sight. I decided I was going to sleep on a bench outside the church before moving on tomorrow morning.

A/N

So I'm posting chapter one today 27th March 2018. This is just a glimpse of Charlotte. From this moment on I'm going to be pre-writing chapters for this book but not updating while I finish my other Emmerdale book

If you'd like me to use a character in this book them message me and I'll think about useing them but for now good bye

I love you all

- Jess cx