004 | Who Are You

Charlotte's Pov

I hadn't left the woman; Victoria's side since they brought her in. She was unconscious and I wasn't being told anything since I'm not family; I'm just the girl who rescued her from the crash. Your probably wondering why a 14 year old girl is sitting by the bed side of a woman she doesn't know; the truth is I believe none should be alone in a hospital, my dad was alone and he died and I wasn't going to let that happen to this woman.

"You still here" a doctor asked me as I coughed. I didn't get myself checked at the hospital I snuck off before they could ask my name.

"Yeah, her family haven't shown up so I'm sitting with her. Is that a problem?"  I asked with attitude in my voice

"No but we still would like to know your name, so we can contact your family and tell them that your here" The doctor informed me and I shook my head.

"My name is none of your business, when her family gets here I'm going so you don't need to know" I replied forcefully.

"Why don't you want us to know your name," once again the doctor asked me as she walked over to the bed and started checking Victoria's obs.

"Because you don't need to know. I'm not sick, I don't need medical attention so you don't need to know my name. I'd understand if I was sick and had to be admitted for tests and all that but I'm not so kindly stop asking for my name" i folded my arms sitting back in the chair. The doctor seemed to give up and left almost instantaneously leaving me alone in the room.

"I know you don't know me and I don't know you but I can't leave someone on their own, my dad was alone when he went onto hospital after a fire at his work place and he died. I pulled you out of the car fire so your not going to die on me. You can't die" I mumbled to the unconscious body of Victoria. After sitting in silence for another hour I watched two men walking towards the room, one had a dirty blonde colour hair while he other was a brunette.

"Who are you?" The blonde man asked me

"Who are you?" I asked the exact same question.

"I asked you first, who are you and why are you sat by my sisters bedside?" He asked me adding more to the question. So I knew he was Victoria's brother but his name I still didn't know.

"Charlotte, my names Charlotte; the girl who saved your sister from the car fire. I'm sorry to intrude, I didn't want your sister to be alone. I'd just like to know how she's doing"  I told the man as I coughed again.

"I'm Robert Sugden, you are welcomed me to stay. You saved Victoria's life. Thank you for that" the man now names Robert smiled.

"None deserve to die in a fire. My dad died due to inhaling so much smoke and burns. I was in school when he died in hospital, he was alone. That's why I had to stay." I shrugged standing up preparing myself to leave. My brown hair was a mess as I pushed it behind ,t ears.

"You don't have to leave, your welcome to stay as long as you want, I'll get a doctor to come and tell us how she's going, If you want that is?" Robert asked me and I nodded. I needed to know how Victoria was before I left. Robert left me with the brunette man as he went to go and find out some news.

"I'm Aaron by the way" he smiled and I nodded. I wrapped my arms around my knees which I had pulled up into the chair, I watched Victoria while I waited for news.