006 | Mum; I Like The Sound Of That

Charlotte's Pov

The next day Victoria was being discharged and I was going home with her. Yesterday afternoon I allowed Victoria to call My social worker to sort out the adoption so my social worker agreed to let me stay on a trial basis. My social worker was taking me to the hospital where we were both meeting Victoria.

"Is this what you really want Charley?" My social worker Mollie asked me as we sat in her car driving to the hospital.

"Ever since dad dieing I've tried so hard to be happy again. I smiled because I thought I'd end up in a kids home if Amanda and Steve didn't work out, I didn't want that. I ran away from theirs because I wanted to make a new life for myself but saving Victoria and meeting her has been the best thing I've ever done. It's made my love for being a fire fighter much more stronger and I think I've found my forever home again" I smiled as I ran a hand through my hair.

"I hope this works or for you Charley, if it works on these two weeks then I'll pick you up and take you to get your things from Amanda and Steve's, I'll get Victoria to sign the papers for her to officially be your adopted mother" Mollie smiled pulling into a space at the hospital. I smiled as I climbed out of the car with my single suitcase what Mollie collected yesterday.

"This is it" I whispered to myself as we made our way into the hospital where we met Victoria along with Aaron and Robert.

"This is actually happening" Victoria smiled in disbelief as she comes to give me a hug, I had a massive smile on my face as I hugged Victoria.

"I'll phone in next week to see how everything is going and to organise me picking Charley up and if things go well then I'll be organising the adoption papers" Mollie informed myself and Victoria

"Thank you Mollie, we will take good care of her" Victoria smiled putting her arm around me. We all left the hospital and made our way to the car.

"Remember Charley that if you need anything just call me." I looked down and bit my lip.

"I don't have a phone anymore. I threw it into a lake after I had ran away" I watched as Mollie roles her eyes at me.

"Charlotte Emily-Rue Woods your the only teenager who would ever do that." Mollie used my full name causing me to role my eyes in response.

"I'll pop by later on with a phone" Mollie smiled before getting into her own car. I got into Roberts car. I watched as Mollie my social worker drove away in her own car.

"This still feels like a dream and I'm going to be waking up within seconds" I mumbled resting my head against the car window as I watched the clouds in the sky.

"I can assure you this is real." Victoria spoke taking my hand in hers.

"If I never had pulled you from the car you'd be dead, I would be on the street and have no family" I paused as I turned my head to Victoria.

"When I was growing up, I always tried to imagine what my mum would have been like, what her smile would have been like, if she's have read me to sleep at night, hug me when I've had bad dreams. I'd ask my dad to tell me story's about her, her name was Emily-Rue, my middle name is the only thing I have left to remember her as well as a single picture. But your how I always pictured my Mum to be, you've loved me since you woke up, you've managed to make me smile and I honestly can't thank you enough for it all" I smiled letting a single tear role down my cheek.

"I will be here always" Victoria stuck her pinky out making me giggle

"Always" I wrapped my pinky around hers smiling.

"What do I call you." I asked running my free hand through my hair.

"Call me Mum if you want" Victoria smiled making my smile widen.

"Mum; I like the sound of that" I beamed.

"I like the sound of that too" Victoria smiled and we were soon on our way back to the village where my life was going to change for good.