019 | Drinking To Forget

Charlotte's PoV

I ran all the way from the school to a out of sight bus stop. I wanted to forget everything. I got on the bus to the village and went into David's shop, I walked over to the booze and opened my rucksack when none was looking I quickly grabbed two bottles of vodka and Immediately put my bag on my back again.

"You really should keep a better eye on the shop" I mumbled to myself as I walked out of the shop with the two vodka bottles in my bag. I walked faster and made my way to the cricket pavilion. I sat on the wooden patio placing my bag down and pulling out one of the bottles.

"Everythings a mess" I cried as I opened the bottle and took mouthful of the liquid, it burned the back of my throat as I swallowed.

"I wish I was with you dad" I mumbled looking up to the sky drinking another mouthful of vodka. I chugged half a bottle of vodka wiping my eyes as I cried, I was starting to feel the effects of the vodka. My eyes were getting red and puffy as I cried. I rested my head against the wall of the wooden building at he pavilion and closed my eyes with tears threatening to spill again but I controlled them, instead of crying I drank the rest of the first bottle of vodka, the liquid continued to burn my throat but I was forgetting the mess my life is and was. Everything was fine until the stupid couple also known as my aunt and uncle shows up. I threw the bottle to one side and pulled the second out of my bag.

"Do I drink you?" I asked myself holding the bottle

"Drink me you'll feel better" I imagined the bottle speaking as I laughed to myself, I pictured the vodka bottle with eyes, nose and a mouth as it spoke. I twisted the lid and took a swig, my vision began to get blurry as I drank more and more. I giggled to myself as I watched a bird on the grass. Another half hour passed and I had finished the second bottle of vodka throwing the bottle to one side. I knew I better get myself home since I had received countless of texts and calls from mum and Robert. I pushed myself up and almost fell over. I grabbed my bag as I stumbled down the steps.

"Your a funny bird" I giggled as I stumbled away from the pavilion and made my way into the village giggling away to myself. My vision was blurry and my legs felt like jelly as I stumbled across the road before collapsing.

Third person

Charlotte had stumbled across the road, she was drunk their was no questioning that, she wanted to forget the less her life was and she managed to do so. As she crossed the road she collapsed the colour draining from her face as she layed falling unconscious. Liv had just left gabbed when she saw Charlotte unconscious by the side of the road.

"CHARLEY!" Liv shouted as she ran across the road not bothering to look to see if a car was coming. She knelt down beside her girlfriend pulling her onto her lap as she worried she was going to loose her.

"I need a ambulance now!" Liv panicked as she stroked Charlottes cheek gently. Victoria had just left the woolpack pub when she heard Liv's voice say she needs a ambulance, she ran to Liv and saw her adopted daughter laying unconscious on the floor.

"What's happened?" Victoria asked worry in her voice

"I don't know, she left school early, I hadn't seen her since the start of English and then I find her unconscious here. I think she's been drinking" Liv worried as she stroked her girlfriends cheek again.

"I should have watched her better" Victoria sighed as she watched a ambulance pull up, they took Charlotte to the hospital and pumped her stomach Charlotte had alcohol poisoning and had to stay in the hospital for a few days

Liv's PoV

I couldn't believe Charlotte would do this, she got alcohol poisoning but she won't tell us why she did it. I knew she had been a mess over the last few days but I didn't know it was this bad.

"Why don't I try talking to her, she might talk to me?" Ginny suggested as we sat outside Charlotte's hospital room, charlotte hadn't said a word to the doctor or any of us in a whole day which was worrying.

"You can try, I'm not saying she will talk back" I shrugged looking in on the room and saw Charlotte laying on her side looking towards the window.

"I'll try" Ginny smiles standing up and heading into Charlottes room.

Ginnys PoV

I walked into Charlottes room and signed, I sat down by her bed not saying a word to start with.

"Charley, please talk to me, we're all worried about you." I said calmly to the quite teen who sniffles.

"Charley, it will help. Please Charley just say something" I plead with my best friend

"Something" she mumbled and I sniffed a giggle, trust her to say that.

"Their we go that's a start now will tell me why you drunk yourself to death almost?" I asked her in a gentle tone, I watched Charley sit up and look down into her lap.

"Because, because it helped me forget, I'd get to be with my dad again and everyone would be happy again, they would be happy without me around." Charley explained herself as she sniffed.

"Your important too Charlotte, you need to be happy as well you know that right?" I asked her and she sighed.

"What if you talk to a therapist, it could help too. Talking helps" I tried to convince my best friend who shrugged. It would take time but I could tell she was going to be fine, she's my best friend and a fighter so she has to be.