024 | Please Make Me Better

Charlotte's Pov

Charlotte's Pov

It has been two days since my counselling session and I've done nothing apart from go to school and come home. I've harmed myself and cried too. I want to be better, I want to laugh and smile again but I'm broken inside and out. I'm meant to be going to school today but I'm drained, emotionally and physically. I curled up in a ball in bed as I heard my door open.

"Good morning sweetheart. I've brought you your meds" Mum said softly as she sat on my bed. I didn't move, I didn't want her to know I hadn't slept at all the previous night.

"Come on baby you need to take your meds" Mum said in another soft tone. I pushed myself up into a sitting position. I had matching luggage under my eyes and my eyes were once again red and puffy, I took the tablet from Mum and swallowed it with some water.

"Why don't I make you some breakfast and you can stay home from school today? You'd have to come into work with me but I'm sure Chas won't mind having you sit in the pub today" Mum asked softly and I shrugged, I didn't really want to go to school.

"Okay but no breakfast please" I mumbled, mums eyes said it all.

"Just a slice of toast for me?" Mum asked softly, I knew she'd probably go on until I ate something so I ended up agreeing to a slice of toast, I couldn't be to sure I'd eat it though. Mum left my room leaving me sat alone in silence. I was barely hanging on but I knew I couldn't tell Mum about it, she would make me have more sessions with James my therapist.

"I'm breaking, barely hanging on but I have to smile" I whispered to myself as I climbed out of bed. I grabbed a pair of grey tracksuit bottoms and a white vest top which I pulled a black hoodie on. I left my hair in a messy bun as I threw my hood up. Once I was dressed I made my way downstairs. As I got downstairs mum places a plate of buttered toast where she gestured for me to sit.

"Take you time" mum told me as I sat down. I looked at the toast and sighed softly to myself. I pulled the toast apart but out none in my mouth, I knew not eating would be making me sick but I couldn't eat, not after I see the flashback on a daily basis, where my old foster sister Chloe would call me names, she'd call me fat and I believed her.

"I know it's hard Char, I know you may not want to eat but if you don't you'll just get worse, you need to eat" mum said softly as she placed her hand on mine. I saw how worried she was and I knew I wasn't helping by not eating.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry" I cried softly as I looked down, I was holding back tears and knew I would end up crying if I looked up.

"You have nothing to be sorry about sweetie, you don't need to apologise because it's not your fault your like this" Mum spoke in a gentle tone, she placed a finger beneath my chin and lifted my head up so I looked her in the eyes.

"I just want to be better" I paused running a hand through my hair

"Please make me better" I cried as Mum stood up and wrapped her arms around me, she kissed my forehead gently.

"You'll be better soon, I promise. But only if you eat, eating will be one step in the right direction" Mum reassured me, I nodded and looked at the toast. I picked a small bit of the toast up and popped it into my mouth, I chewed it slowly and it turned my stomach. I stopped when i finished it, i couldn't eat anymore it was draining me just eating that little bit.

"I can't do it" I cried

"It's alright you did really well, I'm proud of you" Mum smiled kissing me before she stood up and took my plate away leaving me with tears rolling down my cheeks as I began to worry I would never get better but with mums support I was hoping I would get better over time.