013 | My Foever Home

Extremely short chapter

Charlotte's Pov

I was sat on the sofa two days after the papers were signed. Liv was going to come round after school since I don't start until Monday. I was reflecting on the last few days, I got Adopted, I've got a mother, A uncle, A girlfriend and friends I am happy again.

"You alright sweetie?" Mum asked me as she wrapped her arm around me as she sat in the sofa next to me.

"I'm fine, great in fact. I'm still in complete shock that this is my life now, only two weeks ago I was a run away homeless teenager, not important to anyone and now I'm a Daughter and a girlfriend and important. It's all like a dream" I smiled resting my head on mums shouder.

"You better believe your important Charley. Your my daughter and nothing will change that." Mum smiled kissing my forehead gently, a smile formed on my face.

"Blood doesn't make you family, caring for someone when they have none makes you Family.  Loving someone makes you family. You've been a mum to be when I had none, you've found out everything about my when I didn't even think I knew myself. This is my forever home" I smiled happily not moving from my spot where I was laying

"Your forever home" Mum whispered. We cuddled together on the sofa watching 'The Sound Of Music' and enjoying each others company. I closed my eyes as I thought back to all the times I've dreamt of this since my dad died and it finally happened.

"Doe a dear a female dear" I sang along to the first line of the song

"Ray a drop of golden sun, me a name I call myself" I continued the so

"Far a long long way to run, sew a needle pulling thread, la a note that follows so, tea a drink with jam and bread that'll bring us back to do oh oh oh"  I sat along to the song.

"Do" Mum sung

"a deer, a female Deer" I sang smiling

"Re!"

"drop of golden sun"

"Mi"

"name I call myself"

"Fa!"

"a long, long way to run"

So"

"needle pulling thread"

"La"

"a note to follow so" I shouted while laughing

"Ti" Mum sung

" a drink with jam and bread" I finished before both Mum and I sang the last line together

"That will bring us back to do" we both sang laughing I looked up to Mum who smiled. It was funny how we went back and forth singing and having fun and I was so ready to spend more times like this together, make more memories and spend more family time together because life is to short and you need to grab it with both hands.