010 | Drinking Games

"Charley will you be alright if I head to work now?" I heard Victoria call as she pulled my from my thought. I had been drawing and writing for most of the morning and had lost track of time completely

"I'll be alright mum. Is it alright if I head to meet the girls in abit. We will just be hanging out and talking?" I asked my soon to be adopted mother

"As long as you keep your phone on you and if anything happens to you then you will phone in" Victoria warned me and I nodded.

"I will mum. What time would you like me home?" I asked putting my pencil down and turning to face Victoria.

"Be home by the time it gets dark. I'll be home by 7:30 but if I'm any later I will give you a call. Is that alright honey?" Victoria asked me in a motherly tone.

"That's fine mum" I smiled as Victoria kissed my forehead and grabbed her things before leaving the house and me on my own, To my own thoughts. I pulled my sleeves of my jumper up and ran a hand over my scars, battle scars as I called them.

"No matter what I won't let anyone get the better of me. Not again" I mumbled to myself as I looked down.

"I am brave, I am bruised, I am who I'm meant to be, this is me" I recited the lyrics from this is me. The lyrics are meaningful which is why I tell myself them daily. I got a text from Madeline as I picked my pencil back up making me put it down and pick up my phone

From Maddie👑💗

Hey Char, you coming to Gabby's? She's got a free house and it looks like it's going to rain x

To Maddie👑💗

Sure. Would you mind meeting me? I don't know which house is Gabby's yet and wouldn't want to go to the wrong house x

From Maddie👑💗

Course not. Wouldn't want you to go to the wrong house or get lost. I'll be at yours in ten x

To Maddie👑💗

Okay thank you Mads; see you soon x

From Maddie👑💗

See you soon x

I put my phone down and began packing away my things. I put the pencils into one case and my pen I clasped to my book where my story was being written, I was writing a story about a girl who wanted to be a dancer but she has faced a life changing accident which could just stop her from doing so; none knew about the story and I want to keep it that way until over actually got something. I sat on the stars in the hall and pulled on my shoes before lacing them up before I grabbed my key and left the house waiting for Maddie outside.

"Sorry I'm longer than 10 minuets Ross wanted to know where I was. what I am going to be doing and who I'm going to be with. He's never been the same since the acid attack" Maddie sighed

"That's understandable. He worry's anyone would" I reassured my friend as we began walking to Gabby's house.

"Yeah but he acts as if he's my dad when he's not, he's my uncle and it really ticks me off that he thinks he can control me! He has no right to" Maddie grumbled.

"He's probably scared that what happened to him will happen again but with you or Pete.  I can assure you that if I was in Ross's position then that's how I would feel" I informed Maddie who sighed again.

"It just annoys me. I feel like I can't do anything without him being their asking me who, what, Where and When and I've came so close to yelling at him and telling him to stop being stupid but it won't help." Maddie explained as we stopped.

"You've just got to let it take its course and things will work it's self out. If not then I'll ask Mum if you can stay for abit. It might do you both some good to have some space and re-group" I suggested.

"You'd do that?" Maddie asked and I nodded reassuring her. Maddie and I walked to the door and knocked on it as Gabby let us in.

"Thought we could play never have I ever" Gabby suggested as we sat in a circus Their was a bottle of vodka in front of us.

"Sounds like fun, count me in" I smiled enthusiastically

"So we're going to start of on ten, if we have done something we put a finger down and drink" Gabby went over the rules and I nodded.

"Charley you start" Gabby grinned.

"Never have I ever kissed someone of the opposite sex" I smirked since I had done that at all. I watched as Gabby, Liv and Maddie put a finger down leaving them on ten. Next was Maddie.

"Never have I ever kissed someone of the same sex" Maddie smiled as Gabby, liv and I put a finger down. We continued going around and I was tipsy and down to four.

"Never have I ever been locked out in the rain" I said even though I have. I put my finger down and took a swig of the vodka. Before long I was drunk and Maddie decided to get me home. I walked out into the road before Maddie pulled me back as a car races past.

"You could have got killed you idiot" Maddie exclaimed as we walked across the road. I struggled to put key in the door but with the help of Maddie I managed to get inside. It has been a good day but I think I was going to regret getting drunk when Victoria see's me like this.