017 | Best-Friends Make Everything 10x Better

A/N

I've changed Charlotte's age to 15 so she and Liv are closer in age.

- Jess xx

Charlotte's Pov

I couldn't get over the fact that my aunt and uncle want custody of me. They think they can pick me up and drop me when and where they want me. They had already filed for custody which isn't fair. The past few weeks have been okay other than the fact Kevin and Jane have constantly been in the village requesting to see me but I've made myself busy with my girlfriend and best friends. Ginny found out that she is Rebecca's daughter which is crazy. I have hardly left my room unless I'm forced too which is all the time. Today is five years since my dad died in the Fire and I wasn't planning on leaving my room or talking to anymore.

"Come on Charley, you can't stay in bed all day. You need to start going out. Ginny, Gabby, Maddie and Liv are downstairs" Mum told me as she sat on the edge of my bed and placed her hand on my leg. I didn't look up at her, I just laid there.

"Charley come on sweetie, we're fighting this remember. Kevin and Jane aren't going to win not when they forgot about you for five years without even contacting you, when you needed them they weren't their. Me and Robert are your family now, all you will need" Mum calmly told me as I cried silently not wanting her to ask questions about anything.

"How about I send the girls up? I know they want to see you" Mum asked and shrugged. I sniffles as I felt Mum stand up and leave. I heard the door shut so I was on my own once again.

Victoria's pov

I was starting to worry about Charley, the way she won't leave her room, she never wants to go out and it's all because of her so-called aunt and uncle turning up out of the blue. It was a month ago and she's still not got over the fact they want custody of her. I don't want that not one single bit but if the courts allow it Charley will be ripped from the place she loves.

"I'll send the girls up" I said softly as is stood up from Charley's bed and walked off when I got to the door I turned around and smiled weakly. It destroyed me having to see her like this, none ever wants to see their daughter broken and that's how Charley is.

"Any luck?" Ginny asked as she bounced Seb on her lap.

"No, she wouldn't even talk. I said I'd send you four up" I told Charley's friends who nodded. Ginny stood up and handed Seb to me as Rebecca re-enters the living room with two coffee's. I watched as the four girls made their way upstairs.

"She will get through this Vic." Rebecca told me as she sat down on the gods and joined her with Seb

"It's been a month Beks. It's broken her. I really wish I could help her and make her feel better but I cant" I sighed heavily wanting to make Charlotte to feel like she doesn't have to hide away bed of her aunt and uncle.

"She's strong Vic, She's got them girls as her friends, Liv as her girlfriend. You as her Mum. She'll pull through, it'll take time for sure but she'll be fine, promise" Rebecca smiled as she comforted me, she was right we just had to help pull her through this rough patch and she'll be back to herself when she's through, it'll take time and I'll have to help her as much as I can.

Livs pov

I walked up to Charley's room with Ginny, Gabby and Maddie. Charley hasn't been herself since we found out Kevin and Jane have filed for custody.

"Charley it's only us" Ginny said softly as we walked into Charley's room. I looked at I saw Charley lays on her side as I heard small sniffles from her bed.

"Come on Charley you don't want us to doggy pile you?" Maddie asked smirking in a joking manner.

"I think she does what do you think liv? Gabby?" Ginny asked playing along with Maddie.

"I think so too" both Gabby and I smile. I tiptoed over to Charlotte's bed and climbed on top of her. I poked her side to see if I could get a laugh from her but nothing. Soon Gabby, Ginny and Maddie has all jumped on top of my as I was on Charley.

"Please you guys" I heard Charlotte giggle from the bottom of the pile we all got off and sat on the bed with a Charley Now smiling.

"Theirs the smile we all live to see" I smiled to my girlfriend, it was obvious she had been crying but I didn't want to push it.

"How you feeling baby" I asked softly watching her smile and play with her duvet.

"Five years ago exactly today. The last time I saw my dad alive. He made me pancakes for breakfast, platted my hair.  Packed my lunchbox for school and drove me to school. He said he'd be Their to pick me up after gymnastics but instead of him being their a woman showed up. I was told he died in the fire but I wasn't allowed to see him. I was taken home to pack and shipped straight off into a emergency foster placement while they tried to find me a home, that morning was the last time I ever saw him alive, last time i heard his voice" Charley said her voice breaking as tears began streaming down her face. I wrapped my arms around her as she cried

"Why didn't you tell us?" Gabby asked as she rubbed Charley's back gently as she hiccups

"Because you have already helped me with my aunt and uncle coming for me. I didn't want to burden you with anything else" she admitted.

"What are best friends for Hey?" Ginny asked

Charlotte's Pov

"Because you have already helped me with my aunt and uncle coming for me. I didn't want to burden you with anything else" I admitted to my best friends

"What are best friends for Hey?" Ginny smiled placing a hand on my knee.

"Let's make a promise that we come to eachother when one of us is feeling broken or hurt. We don't go through it alone" Maddie suggested

"Deal" we all answered and all I could think of was how better life is when you have best friends. Best friends make everything 10x better and that was a fact.