CHAPTER 2: The New Girl

ELI

I hate school. Though thankfully it's the last year of it and also, I'm eighteen already.

Which lucky for me cause as soon as I turned eighteen, my parents bought me a nice house for me and my pack to stay in for now until school is done and then we can move to anywhere we want to.

It was a great gift so that this way, my pack and I can be on our own and have our own place.

This morning I was woken up by one of the guys, who is also my best friend and Beta, Rick. He's my second in command.

"Hey man, get up! We need to leave soon for school." He tells me.

"Ugh. Can't we be late?" I ask.

"Hell no. You told us we needed to not slack off this year and make it the best year ever. Plus your mom told me to kick your ass into gear." He smirks.

"Ugh. Fine!" I tell him frustrated as I begin getting up and walking towards my bathroom to take a shower and hurry up to get ready.

After getting ready, grabbing a protein bar and getting on our motorcycles, heading towards the school, I try and repeat to myself that this is my last year and then I'll be done with it forever.

We arrived just in time as the first warning bell rang for us to get into our classrooms and after hearing the first class we had, I was kind of happy cause I had Mrs. Kople last year and she was cool. Plus she had a seat by the window that I claimed as mine last year that was my favorite seat.

As soon as we walked into the classroom, I got a huge wind of the greatest smell I have ever smelled. It was a Lavender Vanilla scent.

Then after saying 'hi' to Mrs. Kople, I looked over at the seat by the window that's my favorite and sitting in it was a girl that seemed to have been looking down in her book.

I was pissed off. Doesn't she know who I am? Or is she one of those who likes to piss people off on purpose?

Right as I got closer, I noticed she was a a curvy, shy and fragile little thing.

As I walked up to her and told her to move, she talked back to me. Which took me by surprise seeing as to how everyone knows they don't do that with me and as I continued to look at her I could tell she was new.

I told her to move again but then Mrs. Kople interrupted telling me to sit down.

So I take my seat and my guys sit beside me in a row, looking at the girl and then I hear Rick mind-linking me.

"What the fuck man?" He chuckles.

"I don't know who she is. But she better realize soon that that won't be the same seat she sits in for the rest of the year." I mind-linked him back.

Then we all looked up at the front and listened to what Mrs. Kople said. Suddenly, I started feeling something I have never felt before. I started telling myself it couldn't have been what I thought it was. First of all, I don't need a Luna and second, this new girl couldn't be my mate. Sure her scent is strong and smells really good but she can't be the one.

For the rest of the class, I would every so often look over at the girl and she would avoid eye contact with me and sometimes even be looking out the window.

The bell finally rang and right about the time I was gonna talk with her, she was out of her seat and leaving out the door.

I tried going after her but I got stopped by Ivy. She's a Senior as well as a wolf and despite the fact she is just a hookup, she still insists that we are mates. However, I don't believe in that shit and even if I did, I know it wouldn't be with her. Damn, I would rather it be the new girl than Ivy.

Ivy has long blonde hair that goes down to the middle of her back that she always has curled, she cakes her face with so much makeup and is annoying as hell, along with a fake tan and is five foot six inches tall. However, she's good in bed.

"Hey there baby. I missed you." She says all seductively while wrapping both her arms around my neck.

"Well, I didn't miss you." I told her as I removed her hands from me and left.

By the time I tried looking for that girl through the hall, it was cutting too close to my second period class. So my friends and I started heading towards there.

Then at lunchtime in the cafeteria, as soon as I opened the doors, I could smell that amazing scent again and started looking around until I saw the girl who sat in my seat in class who was now sitting alone at a table in the back and picking at her food.

Right as soon as I started making my way towards her, I was stopped by my friends.

"What are you doing?" One of my guy's asked me, named Kevin.

"Nothing." I tell him and then we turn around and head back to our table and sit down.

Though instead of eating, I just glared at her wondering who she was and where she came from. She didn't look like she'd be a rogue, but nowadays, you can't really tell as much.

My thoughts were interrupted as Ivy came over with her annoying-as- shit, friends, I liked to call them cause they are and sat down next to me.

"Hey baby." She says to me.

"What do you want Ivy?" I asked.

She looks over in the direction I am, which is at the new girl.

"Don't bother even looking at her. She's the new girl of the school. Her name's Leah." She says with disgust.

Leah huh? I thought to myself and right away and says, "Mate".

I feel Leah placing her hand on my thigh and that's when I snap back to the present and look at her.

"Damnit, Ivy! What?!" I snap at her.

"I was thinking that since I missed your birthday, I could give you your late gift this Saturday." She smiles.

"Yeah, sure." I tell her. Although I'm not really paying attention to her at the moment as I look past her and over at Leah again.

She then leans in closer to my ear and whispers seductively, "I can give you a taste of what you'll be getting."

That's when I look at her and grin while saying, "Why wait?!"

She then bit her lower lip and we started making out before we both had gotten up from the table, hand in hand and headed to the back of the school where she gave me a really good birthday BJ.

After she was done, there was still ten minutes left until lunch was over and while she went back to sit with her friends, I stayed outside and smoked a cigarette real quick before walking back into the school.

Right when I walked back in, I saw the new girl at her locker, trying to put some things in her bag and other things for her next period, I was assuming.

So I took the opportunity in talking to her and explaining how things worked around here.

I walked up to her and as soon as she turned around, I slammed the locker shut by pushing her against the door.

"Now you listen to me Leah. I don't give a shit if you're new or not. Starting tomorrow, you are to sit somewhere else for the rest of the year and not in that seat and you are to never and I mean never talk back to me or get in my way, or else! Understand?" I warn her.

"O-okay." She stuttered in fear.

"Good." I replied.

Though instead of leaving right away, I looked at her and noticed she didn't look up at me and seemed to be as though she was crying. I can't stand it when people cry, especially women. Which just proves my point right now in the fact that she couldn't be my mate. She's too fragile and weak to be the Luna of my pack. Only humans can be this fragile.