CHAPTER 16: Mates, Officially?

ELI

When I woke up the next morning, I had the biggest smile on my face as soon as I saw she was lying in my arms and it confirmed that none of this was a dream. She was really all mine.

I can't wait for her to actually be officially, my Luna.

I feel her stir a little bit and then as she wakes up, she looks up at me and smiles.

"Morning beautiful." I tell her.

"Morning." She replies.

We give each other a quick kiss on the mouth and stay in bed a little more before getting up and getting dressed to go and have some breakfast.

Although before going, she asks, "Baby?"

"Yes my love?" I reply.

"My first morning here, why did the others say they needed my permission to eat?" She asks.

"Because you're their Luna. Usually they wait for me but, once they have a Luna, they must wait for her and the Alpha to start before they can. It's a respect thing." I tell her.

"Oh. Do we have to do that?" She asks so cute.

"No my love. We don't have to." I chuckle.

"Okay." She smiles.

I give her a kiss on the lips and then take her hand and start heading downstairs towards where everyone is already sitting down to waiting for us.

They all then start to bow their heads a little bit at me.

"Good morning Luna." They all say in unison.

"Good morning, Pack." She says the last part with regret and is confused. We alm just start laughing at how cute she is.

"You're so cute my love. They have names. You'll learn them. But right now, we need to feed you." I tell her before I give her a quick kiss on the lips and pull her onto my lap.

While we're all eating, me and her feed one another a few bites and then continue eating.

"Baby, as much as I love sitting on your lap, is there any chance that I can have my own chair?" She asks.

"Of course, but I love having you on my lap." I tell her.

"And I love being on it but, sometimes, I would like to sit in my own chair." She tells me.

"Okay love." I smile at her. "Starting tonight you can. I will have the guys bring in a chair for you." I promise her.

"Thank you baby." She says.

We both give each other a quick kiss on the lips and then it's quiet for a few more minutes until Gary, one of the guys from the pack says something stupid.

"So I take it now, you guys are officially mates?" He asks.

Everyone stares at him in shock while Leah blushes.

"Yeah. So?" I reply.

"Don't mean it in a bad way it's just...." He begins.

"It's just what?!" I ask in a tone to make sure he is careful with his next words.

"Do you think you guys could keep it down?" He asks.

We all start laughing while Leah turns bright red.

"Hey man. Don't be jealous cause Alpha knows where the gspot is." Rick says and it makes everyone in the room begin to laugh, including Gary.

We all then finish our breakfast and head upstairs to get ready for school.

"So everyone knows we're mates, right?" Leah asks me.

"Well, almost everyone. And technically, it isn't official yet." I tell her.

"What do you mean? I thought...." She began but I stopped her.

"We have to say that we accept each other as one another's mates, at the ball coming up." I tell her.

"Oh. When is the ball?" She asks me.

"Two months from now." I tell her.

"Wow. Okay. Well, what all is involved in the ball? Do I need to know anything?" She asks.

"No. Just be yourself." I say.

"Okay." She smiles at me and then we give each other a quick kiss and start heading off to school.

After second period was over, we started heading to our next class when my phone went off. I looked down and saw it was Gary.

"What's up? I'm at school." I answer.

"Sorry Alpha but we have a problem. I need to speak with you ASAP!" He tells me.

"Alright, I'll meet you back at the house in ten." I reply.

"Okay." He says.

After hanging up, I notice that both Kevin, Rick and Leah are looking at me.

"Sorry. I've gotta go. Gary has something important that he needs to tell me. I'll see you after school." I tell them and give Leah then a quick kiss goodbye and leave.

I hated leaving her but I know that if Gary says it's an emergency or something is important or wrong even, that it has got to be serious. So I make my way to the house as fast as I can.

When I get there, I see Gary standing in the front steps and quickly gets up when he see's me.

"What's going on?" I asked him.

"We've got a problem Alpha." Gary begins.

"Alright well, let's get inside and tell me about it." I reply.

We head inside and Gary and I take a seat at the dining room table and he begins.

"I hate to bother you with this Alpha but, somebody has trespassed onto our territory." He begins.

"What do you mean? Who?" I asked.

"Zeus." He says.

"How the hell did he get passed our guys?" I asked while trying to hold myself back from killing him.

"We all think that there's somebody here who might be helping him get his revenge on you." He says.

I take in a deep breath and let it out.

"I want you to find out who these people or this person is, who's helping him out and I want them all brought to me." I tell him.

"Yes Alpha." Gary replies.

"Now go." I tell him and he gets up and walks out the door while leaving me sitting there and trying to figure out how I was going to tell the guys and especially Leah.