CHAPTER 24: A Monster!!

LEAH

I awoke and noticed that Eli wasn't beside me. Then I heard yelling outside.

When I looked out the window, I noticed the guys, including Eli and some lady who was beautiful were all standing outside, yelling?

I quickly got dressed and woke myself up a little more and as soon as I went downstairs and asked what was happening, everyone looked at me and then Gary said he wanted to kill me? WTF?! What the hell did I miss?!

He then quickly turned into his wolf as did Eli as Gary tried leaping towards me and then I saw my man knock him down and then they began fighting. However, when I saw my Alpha was losing air, my wolf and I became filled with rage where all I could see was red. Nobody hurts or tries to kill MY Alpha!

Right away I turned into my wolf and started running towards Gary and knocked him off my man and pinned him down hard on the ground and awed at him and every time he tried getting up even tried to bite me, I would push him back down. Until finally, I bit down on his chest, without even thinking about it cause again, all I could see was red. And I bit down and apparently took out his heart.

Then as soon as I stared and was panting, I realize what I've done and I see everyone looking at me in shock and amazement. Then as I see Eli, I begin slowly walking towards him until I suddenly collapse and see nothing but black.

As I opened up my eyes slowly, I blinked a few times to wake up a little more and I started looking around and saw Eli getting dressed.

"What happened?" I asked groggily.

"You um...well, what do you remember?" He asks me.

"I remember I woke up and heard you all yelling outside. Then Gary said he wanted to kill me and both of you and his wolf got into a fight and then.....oh my god. I-I killed him." I say the last part freaked out a little bit. "I didn't mean to I just, all I saw was red when I saw him trying to kill you. I don't know. My inner wolf just took over. Like I had no control." I tell him.

"It's okay baby." He says as he walks over towards me and sits beside me.

"But I killed one of your guys." I said trying not to cry.

"There was a lot of things I found out before you came out. Like the fact he's working with Zeus and has been trying to kill me and you all along. But also, there are some things you need to know that my mother would like to speak to you about. Also, I gotta admit, it turned me on to see you fighting like that to protect me." He says.

"Okay." I reply.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Well, I'm nervous. What if your mother doesn't like me?" I say nervously.

"Oh my god baby. Trust me, she ALREADY loves you. Not cause you're a princess and my Luna. She seriously loves you because she says you have kicked my ass into gear." He says the last part rolling his eyes.

"Okay." I laugh.

"Now come on love. Let's get you dressed and fed and we will head downstairs and eat." He smiles at me.

I nod my head and get up to get dressed.

As we walk hand in hand downstairs, the guys all turn their heads and begin smiling from ear to ear.

"What?" I asked.

"That was AWESOME with what you did to Gary. We've all wanted to do that for so long!" Kevin says.

"Yeah, that guy was always bad news and annoying as hell!" Rick says.

We all start laughing.

"He was a little bitch!" Another guy says.

"Hey, watch your damn mouths while at the table at least." I heard a woman say as she brought in a platter of steaks. "Hello Leah." She bows her head.

"Hi. And please, don't bow." I tell her with a smile.

"Telling me what to do, huh?" She says playfully with a smile.

"No." I reply.

"I'm just teasing you." She chuckles.

"Oh." I chuckle a little bit too.

"Please. Come and take a seat. I made some delicious food." She smiles at me as she sits down at the head of the table.

Eli has me sit in his chair and then he sits in the chair next to me. Even though I tried having him sit here instead, but refused. Although he held my hand the whole time.

After we were done eating, the guys left to go out back to try and prepare for a fight with Jay and all of them while Eli, me and his mom sat at the table still and she began talking.

"So, Leah. I am sure that my son has already told you about your importance to our kind and the danger you are in." She says.

"Yes. But I'm not sure about what all I'm supposed to do and also, I'm not understanding how I'm royal. My parents weren't." I tell her.

"Who told you that?" She asked me curiously.

"My uncle." I said under my breath.

"The same uncle you have lived with after your parents' murder?" she says.

Both Eli and I look at her confused.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh sweetie. I'm sorry. You see, your parents were the rulers of our kind. Then one day, an Alpha came..." She started as she looked at Eli and then back at me. "He was good friends with this Alpha. They trained when they were younger and he became your father's guard. Then one day, he lost it. He killed both your parents and went after you but did not know that you had already been handed over to your mother's sister who had taken you in after they knew what the Alpha was going to do."

"But uncle Gary never had a wife." I point out

"She unfortunately died a little bit after your first birthday. That's when your uncle lost it and apparently became a monster to you." She says with so much sympathy in her voice and in her eyes.

"So what do we do now? We fight, right?" I suggest.

"Yes. But not you." Eli says.

I look at him upset. "And why not?! I can do it." I tell him.

"We talked about this already." Eli says.

"I know but baby, we make a great team." I remind him.

"Son." His mother says as she places her hand over his hand. "Let her fight with you."

"I said no and that's it!" Eli yells and storms off.