CHAPTER 6: I'm An Asshole!!

ELI

I had felt bad that I scared her but also, I was more furious than anything with what Ivy did to her. Ivy knew better.

I don't care what happened between Ivy's brother and Leah. Ivy needs to be reminded that her actions affect not just her but the whole pack.

After a few days passed and after talking with Ivy, which of course, didn't go well, I was sitting in class, looking at Leah and waiting for a chance to talk to her.

Throughout the day for some reason, it was hard to get to her, without making it obvious I wanted to talk to her. Because I definitely didn't want anyone seeing me thinking that I liked her or anything. I mean, I still have a reputation I needed to protect.

Then towards the end of the day, I was heading towards my last class when Ivy had come out of nowhere pushing me up against the lockers and smashing her lips onto mine.

A part of me wanted to push her away but the other part of me, the part that overpowered the other one, made me continue making out with her.

Then I start to smell that lavender and vanilla scent again but tried to ignore it. That is until I looked out the corner of my eye and noticed Joey talking to Leah.

I have excellent hearing and could hear them talking from far away and I got pissed off when I heard him tell her he was going to pick her up after she got off work to go bowling with him and his friends? 'Wow, that's lame.' I thought to myself. And wait, did she just say, Tasty Pastries was where she worked at? Oh my god, my aunt owns that bakery. Wow, this should be interesting.

I pushed Ivy off of me and she just scowled at me and then turned on her heel and stomped off like a little child that was mad and upset cause they didn't get what they wanted.

I then told the guys we were going bowling tonight and at first they looked at me questioningly but I didn't care.

"We're going but we aren't playing. We'll shoot some pool." I said.

"But why don't we just go to the pool hall instead?" Rick asked.

"Because the bowling alley has cheaper games." I said trying to cover up the real reason I wanted to go.

"Alright." He says while giving me a look of how unconvinced he is of my reason.

We then headed to our last class and then headed straight home to get ready.

When we arrived at the bowling alley, luckily, where Leah, Joey and his dull friends were bowling at was right across from where the pool tables were.

After Kevin racked the balls up, me and Rick were the first ones up to play.

Throughout playing, I kept becoming distracted by watching how Joey was trying to 'teach' Leah how to toss the ball. He was such a dumb ass.

Then after a while, I noticed Leah getting up and heading towards the snack bar.

Luckily, our game was over and Rick had I guess beat me. Though I wasn't paying attention and if I had been, I would've won.

It didn't matter though as I quickly ask the guys what they wanted from the snack bar and then headed over there.

I was a few people behind Leah as she was standing in line and finished placing her order.

She then grabbed the number the guy behind the counter handed her and she walked over towards the fridge where there were drinks at.

Then after I had ordered and grabbed my number, I walked over towards her and began trying to look for the drinks the guys wanted.

She turns around and almost bumps into me.

"I-I'm sorry." She says as she looks back down and walks around me.

Why does she say sorry all the time? Doesn't she realize that that's a sign of weakness?

Then again, so is bowling here with that asshole Joey.

She sat down at a table, waiting for her number to be called when ai walked over towards her and without even asking, just sat down across from her.

"What are you doing?" She asks with her eyes wide opened.

"Waiting for my order." I tell her.

"Oh, is THIS your table to?" She asks sarcastically. Which I must admit was cute.

"No. But it isn't yours either, so I can sit." I told her.

"Whatever." She rolls her eyes.

"So where's your little boyfriend?" I asked her.

"I don't have one. I'm here with a friend." She says as she looks over at the counter.

"Wow, you don't waste any time do you?" I ask her.

"Excuse me?" She asks.

"Ivy's brother told me all about you and how you were teasing him and then forcing yourself on him when he kept pushing you away. And now you're here with that douche, Joey. Desperate much?" I smirk at her. Then I see that she had hurt in her eyes. Which I was really just messing with her about the Ivy's brother thing. I didn't mean to make her tear up. My god, why am I an asshole?!

"That's not what happened." She says quietly under her breath while continuing not to look at me and although she thought I didn't hear what she said, I did. But what did she mean by that?

Before I could ask her what she meant by that, her number was called and she quickly wiped her tears and then got up and grabbed the drinks and then the tray of food and walked back towards Joey and his friends.

I felt worse than I did before when I noticed I hurt her feelings about the chair.

I really was just fucking with her. Shit! I have never felt as big of an asshole as I do right now. But why do I even care if I am or not? Especially to her. I mean, she does have to learn about the rules and what I'm like.

As soon as I headed back and gave the guys their stuff, I watched Leah and she looked a little upset and I felt like shit still, in that I made her feel that way and then her and Joey said goodbye to his friends and left, I suddenly felt enraged.

I need to apologize to her. I know that it usually is a sign of weakness but only for over using it when you don't have to. And also in this case, I needed to do it.

So I began thinking that maybe I would stop by tomorrow night before going to the party. Plus this way I get to see my aunt.