CHAPTER 17: A Surprise?!

LEAH

I was really bummed that Eli left but, then again, I knew it was for an important reason.

Today was a typical day at school although all day long, I wondered what Eli's wolf looked like. I'm sure he would show me if I asked him.

"He will." I heard Rick's voice in my head which startled me.

I turn and look at him as we sit at the cafeteria table.

"You can hear my thoughts?" I asked him.

The guys all laughed.

"Yes, we can." He says. "It's called a mind link. And now that you have mated with Alpha Eli, you have the abilities he does. Well, most." He tells me.

"Rick? What does his and your guys' wolf look like?" I asked.

"Bad ass and sexy." Kevin said with a wink as he stuffs his face with a slice of pizza.

Rick and I roll our eyes.

"If you'd like to see, we'll show you tonight." He smiles.

"Okay." I reply.

All the guys look at me and wink as they smile at me and finish eating.

After school, Rick said that we were gonna have a barbecue tonight, so we stopped by the store and grabbed a bunch of things and then headed back to the house.

As soon as we walked inside, we set down the groceries and Rick asked if I would go outside to make sure we had enough charcoal for the grill.

Then right as I walked outside, I felt two hands grab my waist and spin me around to where I was facing Eli as I hit his chest and he kisses me.

"What's all this for?" I asked.

"Did you really think that I wouldn't find out about your birthday?" He smiles.

"H-how did you find out?" I ask him feeling both impressed and also curious.

"I have my ways." He smiles.

"Thank you." I tell him as those are the only words I can find to say.

"Of course love. Although after dinner I have a couple surprises for you." He tells me.

"Really?" I ask.

He just smiles and we begin making out.

"Come on you guys....we're about to eat." Kevin teases.

Throughout dinner, we talked and laughed and I had noticed that there was someone missing.

"Hey, where's Gary?" I asked.

"He went to visit his parents." Eli says. Although the way he says it, makes it sound a lot like there's more to it. Especially after the look him and the guys had as they looked at each other when he said that.

"Oh. Well, we'll save some for him." I reply. Seeing as to how it's probably wolf business. Which yes, I have named it that.

"Hey, he's not here, he gets nothing." One of the guys says.

I just roll my eyes as we all share a laugh.

Then after dinner was over, we all went for a little walk in the woods.

"Why are we going in the woods?" I asked.

"This is one of your birthday gifts." Eli smiles. "Tonight, my dear Luna, you get to see our wolf forms."

"Okay." I smile.

"Well, you can't watch us change, for a couple of reasons. For one, we have to remove our clothes first and you are not seeing any other man naked. And another reason is because though there will be a time soon where you too will form into your inner wolf, now that you are eighteen, but to watch even me, it can be.....terrifying and I don't want you to be afraid." Eli tells me.

"Okay. I understand." I tell him with a smile. In which I guess he's right. Especially on both parts, so I walk over towards one of the trees and sit down and lean back against it then close my eyes.

Their transformation didn't take long although I could hear their bones cracking and their yells in pain quickly becoming growls that I won't lie, freaked me out a little bit.

I suddenly feel a wet nose and fur brush up against my hands as my eyes are covered by them and I hear a purr?

I slowly begin lowering my hands and then open up my eyes a little bit at a time until I fully open them up and staring right at me are several sets of eyes. Each ones were a different color. Although the biggest wolf there, which I knew had to have been Eli. His blue eyes were staring right at me.

The more I started looking at him, I began remembering the couple of times I had been saved by a wolf with the same fur and same eyes. Oh my god, Eli saved me both those times?

He walked closer and nestled his nose into my neck and began licking my face, which tickled a little bit cause of his fur which made me giggle.

"Hello, my Alpha." I said quietly as I smiled and reached my hand out to pet him.

Then I looked at the others who came walking over and they all wanted to be pet as well, then one of them, whom I wasn't sure who it was, wanted me to scratch their belly and they shake their leg. Then we heard a loud growl and Eli came over and pushed him away. Damn, even as a wolf he is jealous.

The wolves then just ran away. And Eli laid in front of me while I pet him a little bit more.

"What is it love?" Eli mind linked me.

"Does it really hurt when you form?" I ask him.

"A little. But after a while, it doesn't hurt so much cause you get used to it. And don't worry baby. I will teach you everything very soon, when you and your inner wolf is ready. But first, you must wait for her to contact you and from there, form a great bond and close friendship. She has waited until you were eighteen to show up and trust me, now that you have nothing to worry about anymore, you have the time and space for her now." He says.

"Okay. Well, what's my next surprise?" I mind link him.

He then gets up on all fours and looks at me with what looks to be a smile and walks over towards the pile of clothes and close my eyes as he forms back into his human body.

I feel him grab my hand and help me up onto my feet and we head back to the house where we make love to each other and he gives me a beautiful Amethyst moon shaped necklace with 'I love you forever and always' engraved on it.

I must say, I am the luckiest girl in the world. Nothing and nobody can change that.