CHAPTER 9: Whaaat?!?.....

LEAH

Tonight, Cathy decided to let me off work early and so with the spare time I had before I needed to be home and before my uncle had gotten home, I decided to walk to the diner down the street and treat myself to a nice dinner before starting to head home.

While just a mile away from my home, I heard a rustling again through the bushes and quickly picked up my pace until a wolf jumped out in front of me. It was a different color wolf than the two I saw before, but this wolf looked like the one with yellow eyes that one night. It looked like it wanted to kill me.

I was getting tired of this and the fact that I couldn't tell anyone cause really, who would believe me in that I have had this many encounters with these big of wolves. I mean people would think I was crazy. Which was I? Would I even believe me?

There clearly was no time for it now as I tried running around it but it kept cutting me off and then slowly walking towards me until I started backing up and then tripped on a deep crack in the sidewalk, causing me to fall flat on my ass.

I then get up as quickly as I could and tried to run through the bushes and away from it but of course, I trip over a big rock, which who the hell puts a big rock right there?!

As soon as I turn around and get on my elbows, I start to move back towards a tree until the wolf jumps onto me and pins me down.

He then begins sniffing me, which reminds me of my uncle, making me feel disgusted.

Then I hear a deeper growl that was actually louder also than this ones.

The wolf then gets off me and him and this other wolf, who I recognize with the eyes from the other night, start circling around each other.

I quickly back up into the tree and put my knees to my chest as I close my eyes scared and start thinking of happy things.

I then hear them growling and look up to see they're fighting. Well, if you call it much of a fight. It looks like the wolf on top of me was losing badly.

Then the last thing I heard was a yelp of pain. Then the one who attacked me had suddenly run off while the other one, came slowly walking towards me.

I was terrified. Was this is it? Was this my fate? This was where I was to do die and by a wolf?

I start to cry and then for some reason, as the wolf begins to sniff me, I don't feel as scared. Then as soon as he steps back and sits down and looks at me, I begin thinking that maybe he wont kill me? He did after all save me, twice.

I slowly then start to move closer to him and cautiously reach out my hand and start petting his head and running my fingers through his fur.

"You saved me. Twice now. Thank you." I tell it. "I'm Leah. You aren't gonna hurt me. Are you?!" I say.

My alarm goes off to give me a heads up that my uncle will be home in twenty minutes. So I quickly get up and start running towards my house but not before shouting back 'bye' and another thank you as well.

I had made it home tonight with five minutes to spare and I couldn't stop thinking about the wolf that had saved me twice now. Is there such a thing as befriending a wolf?

*****************************************

When I went to school the next day, I couldn't stop thinking about the wolf from last night.

In fact, I hadn't realized I was thinking about him so much until Joey broke my attention at lunch.

"Leah!" He says while snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"What?" I look at him and notice that everyone around the table is looking at me worried.

"What's with you?! You're acting weird today." He says.

"Oh. Sorry. I just haven't gotten a lot of good sleep lately." I say.

"Oh, well, we were wanting to know if you were coming to the bonfire tomorrow night?!" He says.

"Bonfire?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'm throwing a huge party at the beach and then at night, have a bonfire." He says.

"Oh, right. Um, yeah. I'll go. What time and where?" I asked.

"It begins at noon and ends at midnight and is at the Riverside Beach. Which you can google the directions." He says.

"Okay. I'll be there." I reply as I take a bite from my chips.

"Want me and Kelis to pick you up?" He offers.

Which by the way, I'm glad him and Kelis are dating. They are really cute together.

"No thanks. I'll Uber it or take a cab." I smiled and then finished my food.

Then while throwing my trash away, I noticed Eli and his friends were all looking at me. Which kind of weird me out a little bit.

After school, I put all my things in the locker and got ready to head to the bakery when I see Eli walking up towards me.

I begin to panic and worry a little bit of what he might say and do to me. So I quickly try and put things in my bag that I needed for the locker and then as soon as I closed my locker, he backed me up to where I was now against my locker and his arms trapped me in them as he placed his hands on each side of me on the lockers.

"You going to Joey's bonfire party this weekend?" He asks.

"Um, y-yeah." I stuttered.

"Why?" He asks looking a little irritated.

"Because he's my friend." I reply. Which wait, why the hell am I explaining anything to him?

"You should do something with me instead." He says.

Where in the hell is all this nice coming from? Well hold up a minute, he kind of also sounds a bit jealous after I said I was going to Joey's bonfire. But why would he be jealous? He doesn't like me and besides, he's dating Ivy.

"No thanks." I say and then his friends thankfully come and interrupt us and distract him while I make my escape by going under his arms and quickly make my way out the double doors.

I really hope he doesn't come into the bakery tonight.