CHAPTER 13: What Happened?

LEAH

When I came home from school today, I had called into work as my stomach still wasn't feeling too good and was sore.

As soon as I got home from school, I wanted to go right into my room and try to fall asleep. However, I couldn't.

My uncle was sitting on the couch in the living room, drunk and continuing to drink as I try running straight to my room.

"Hold it right there!" He says.

Shit. Almost made it.

"I'm really not feeling too well Sir. I need to lay down." I tell him.

"First make me something to eat." He says.

"But I really am sore and really don't feel good." I say.

He then slams down his beer onto the coffee table and stands up and stomps over towards me. Then right as I was trying to run towards the front door, he grabs my hair and yanks it back, causing me to scream in pain.

"You do whatever the hell I tell you to do!" He says.

"Please don't. I-I'll make you something to eat." I cry.

He then pulls my hair more, "Not before you get punished!" He tells me through gritted teeth and then hits me in the eye really hard to where it knocks me to the ground.

I start crying and screaming, 'No!' But he doesn't stop.

Then I hear the front door being busted down and in runs a bunch of guys that I dont recognize right away until one of them gets closer to me and I see that it's Rick.

He helps me up and throws my arm around his shoulders and has me lean on him.

When I look over and see my uncle, he's being beaten to death by Eli?

Suddenly everything becomes blurry and I then hear a couple of loud deep angry growls and then everything goes dark.

*****************************************

When I wake up, I slowly open my eyes and as I look around a little bit, I see that I'm in a nice deep blue and red colored room.

I know that I definitely am not in my room. Which shit! Where the hell am I?!

As soon as I sit up, I look down and notice that I am not in my clothes and that my stomach feels a little bit better. What the hell is happening? Am I dreaming?

The door then opens up and in walks a woman that looks to be a few years older than me.

"Good morning miss. My name is Lizzie and I am the maid here. I have come to see if you are feeling good enough to come downstairs and have some breakfast." She says.

"Um. Yeah but, where am I Lizzie?" I ask.

"You're at Alpha's house. You are safe here." She assures me with a smile and then leaves.

I get up slowly and realize that I am not in pain anymore and also that I no longer have my bruises. Which is odd for them to have disappeared over night.

I get dressed in some clothes that I somehow brought here but don't remember bringing, wherever this place is. And what did Lizzie mean by Alpha?

I began walking downstairs and could over hear Kevin telling some other guy that he will eat when I come down?

As soon as I stopped halfway, Rick looked over and smiled at me.

"Good morning." He bowed his head as did everyone else after him.

"What's going on? Where am I?" I asked.

I then saw Eli who was sitting at the head of the table, get up and walk over to me and take hold of my hand gently.

"This is your new home." He tells me as he raises my hand to his lips and places a gentle kiss onto it. Am I dreaming?

"Huh?" I replied.

"Come on. Sit and eat some breakfast and i'll explain afterwards. But for now, you need to eat." He says.

Neither me and my tummy can disagree with him or try and argue right now as it begins to grumble.

So I begin walking over towards the table and I see there aren't enough chairs. However, nobody offers to get up so right as I start looking around for a spare one, I feel Eli take my hand and pull me onto his lap.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"There aren't enough seats and since you are my Ma-guest and don't want you sitting on the floor, you are sitting on my lap." He says. "Here. Eat." He tells me as he places a plate of food in front of me that has hash browns, bacon, eggs and sausage.

I take a fork and I begin eating. Then after stuffing my face a little bit, I then look up and see that everyone is looking at me.

"I'm sorry. I'm really hungry." I laugh and then continue to eat. "This is so good and is the best breakfast I have ever had."

"Good baby." Eli tells me.

"Aren't you guys hungry?" I ask.

"They're waiting for you to tell them." Eli quietly says in my ear.

"But why would they..." I started to ask but then Eli nodded his head at his guys and everybody started to eat as I continued and dropped the topic for the moment.

After breakfast, we all got ready for school and as soon as I was finished getting dressed, I walked over towards Eli's bedroom, which was located right next door to mine and knocked.

"Enter." He calls out.

As I open the door, I see him standing at his dresser, without a shirt and can't help but notice his 6 pack. I really didn't think those had even existed.

"Like what you see?" He smiles at me.

"Uh, yeah. What?" I said.

"Is everything okay?" He chuckles.

"Yeah. But, I wanted to talk to you." I tell him as I shake my head and come back to reality.

"What is it?" He asks as he sprays some cologne on himself.

I walk over towards the bed to sit and ask him.

"What happened last night with my uncle?"

He suddenly stops and turns to me and looks a little confused as well as a look of sympathy?