CHAPTER 10: The Bonfire Party

ELI

Damnit! My friends have the worst timing ever as I was trying to get Leah to come do something with me tomorrow but no, she insists on going to that stupid bonfire party that Joey throws every year, which really he just has, so people can hook up, mostly with him.

"Hey bro." Kevin says.

"What?!" I snap at them.

"Take it easy man." Rick says.

"Sorry. I just..." I started but couldn't think of what to say.

"It's alright man. We already know she's gonna be our Luna." Rick says.

"What? How?" I asked.

"Cathy told your mom and your mom told me and I of course told the guys. They want us to help you make sure this works out." Rick says.

"Alright. Then if you guys insist on believing this whole bullshit about love and her being my mate and if she really IS my Luna, then we need to got to Joey's bonfire tomorrow night." I tell them.

"Ah man." The guys all say in disappointment.

"Hey, want me to tell my mom?" I ask them.

"No. We'll go." Kevin says.

"Good. Now let's go get some grub." I suggest as we begin heading out.

*****************************************

It's Saturday night and tonight is Joey's Bonfire party. Which I know starts technically at noon, so the guys and I all grab our swim trunks, an extra pair of clothes and then start making our way towards the beach.

Though on our way, I see Leah, sitting at the bus stop and she does not look like she's dressed for the beach. Hasn't she been to a beach before?

I tell the guys to go on ahead and I'll be right there.

I then pull up to the bus stop and as soon as she looks at me she looks down at the ground.

"Wan't a ride?" I asked.

"No thanks. I'm gonna take the bus." She says.

"But my ride is a lot faster and besides, the next bus doesn't come for another hour." I tell her.

"Oh." She says.

"Come on." I tell her as I hold out the extra helmet.

"Okay." She says as she gets up and walks over to put her helmet on and then hops on as I tell her to put her arms around my waist and then we start to take off.

I've gotta admit that it feels amazing with her arms around my waist.

Once we arrive, I park the bike while she gets off and hands me the helmet.

"Thanks." She says.

"Yeah. I can even take you home tonight afterwards if you want." I suggest, trying to be nice.

"Okay." She replies as she starts blushing.

"And hold up. I'm coming too." I chuckled as I got off my bike and grabbed my bag and then we walked there together.

It was hilarious seeing everyone looking at us as if we were holding hands and announced we were a couple.

Throughout the rest of the day, Leah had seemed to be preoccupied with Joey and his friends who I guess are seriously good friends with her as well. So it was hard to get any time with her.

Suddenly, we heard loud obnoxious girls yelping in excitement and we all saw it was Ivy and her friends.

"What's up bitches!? Now the party can really get started." She yells out.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Joey asks pissed off.

"Well, I can't ever miss out on a party. Come on. You know me." She says.

Everybody, including me, was pissed off that she was there but, I tried keeping my distance from her. I'm starting to quickly regret ever sleeping with her and dating her at some point.

Then as the nighttime came and the fire was built, most of the people were sitting or standing around the fire while others either left or were off all over the place.

I looked for Leah as I had lost sight of her a few times throughout the day and then right now but I couldn't find her.

I was gonna try and go looking for her until Ivy came in front of me and stopped me.

"Hey there sexy." She smiles drunk as she wraps her arms around my neck and I remove them.

"I can't deal with you right now." I tell her as I start to try and walk around her then she stops me by grabbing my hand.

"Wait. Are you looking for Leah?" She asks.

"Why?" I ask.

"Cause she left with one of the guys from the football team. I had heard they hit off tonight and he offered her a ride and she took it." She tells me.

"I don't believe you." I tell her.

"Fine. Don't but you'll hear all about it on Monday at school anyways." She says.

I suddenly feel anger fill up inside of me and as I look around again and see my guys all hooking up with girls and don't see Leah around, I guess it must be true. So I just turn and grab Ivy's hand and we get onto my bike as I see she isn't drunk really as she is just buzzed and we head back to my place.

How could Leah leave with someone from the football team? She's MY Luna. Even though she doesn't know that. But maybe she really isn't. I mean, maybe the moon goddess got it wrong and Ivy really is my mate.

See, this is why I don't believe in all that bullshit about mates and everything.

As soon as we get to my place, we both drink some more and we end up fucking.

I may regret this tomorrow, but even if this mate thing is real, maybe Leah isn't mine. Maybe it's Ivy who is my mate after all and since Leah went home with some asshole tonight, then I'm gonna just have fun tonight, like I'm sure she is.