CHAPTER 21: There's A Wolf Outside!

LEAH

I guess I shouldn't have just walked away so soon. Although now me and my inner wolf, Amelia want to rip Ivy to shreds, I'm not gonna focus on that. Instead, I'm gonna just focus on spending time with Eli. Especially since he will be leaving soon.

As soon as we got back to the house, Rick and the rest of the guys came running out in the back to tell us something.

"Oh my god, Alpha. Leah. We have a problem." Rick says while trying to catch his breath.

"What is it?" Eli asks.

"We need to take Leah to the cabin." Rick says while trying to catch his breath.

"Why?!" Eli asked in a demanding tone.

"Zeus is coming. He's not going to Italy. Him and his pack are coming. We need to get her to the cabin." He says.

"What? What's going on? And who the hell is Zeus?" I asked but neither one said anything.

"I'll explain on our way to the cabin. But for now, we need to hurry and get you packed." Eli quickly tells me as he pulls me to head up the stairs with him and start to pack fast.

While packing, I begin thinking about how any minute now, I'm gonna wake up and all of this would have been a dream.

While finishing up packing, Eli comes walking in and he grabs my bag from me and carries it with his as he takes hold of my hand and we begin to quickly run down the stairs and out to the big SUV they have and we begin driving towards the cabin.

"Okay, so can you tell me now what the hell is going on?!" I asked Eli.

"Zeus is one of our biggest enemies." Eli begins to tell me as I look and see Rick's eyes looking back at me through the rear view mirror and then focuses on the road as he continues driving.

"Why? And why does he want to hurt me?" I asked.

"Because he knows, as any wolf knows, that the best way to destroy an Alpha is to take away his only weakness. His Luna." He tells me.

"But I'm a wolf too. I can fight him. I can help." I start telling them.

"Baby please don't take this the wrong way but, you haven't had your training yet and most importantly, you are royal. A princess that must be protected." He says to me.

"What if I train? I mean, why can't I fight too? Just like an Alpha protecting his own, how can I do the same if I never fight? I was given the title. Now it's my turn to earn it." I tell him.

"I can't let you do that." He says to me while fighting back some tears I noticed.

"And why not?" I ask a little frustrated.

"Because....." He stops himself for a brief moment. "Because I can't lose you or risk you getting hurt. And that's not because you're a Princess or even a female. It's because if anything ever happened to you, I would never forgive myself and would have no more reason to live." He tells me as he leans his forehead closer and onto mine.

"Baby, I will be okay. But you have to know, that I would feel the very same way as you. I would not want to live without you. And I know that this is not going to matter or count until I say it at the ball, which we WILL make it to. But Eli, I Leah accept you as my Alpha." I say the last part choking up a little bit.

"Aww Baby. And I Eli, take you Leah as my Luna." He tells me and then we kiss each other.

He then puts his arm around my shoulder and had me lay my head onto his chest as I fell asleep.

*****************************************

After arriving and unpacking, I discovered that I was really tired. So I decided to go to bed early, since it was dark anyways already and pretty late.

Eli was gonna head downstairs with the guys to talk about a plan but I begged for him to stay and he did.

We cuddled and held one another as we fell asleep in each other's arms after making love first. Never too tired for that.

During the middle of the night, I woke up to somebody mind linking me and calling out my name. Although I had no idea in who it was. I didn't recognize the voice until for some reason, I felt I needed to walk over towards the window. Which there, outside in the back was.a dark greyish wolf, he was huge, like an Alpha and his eyes were a red and I couldn't take my eyes off of the wolf's. Then the voice became clearer and loud enough for me to finally figure out who it was. It was my uncle's friend Jay?

I began to panick, so I quickly turned and woke up Eli.

"Eli. Wake up!" I tell him.

"He slowly wakes up." What is it baby?" He says.

"There's a wolf outside. He's grayish looking and he has red eyes. I think also he just mind linked me and he was my uncle's friend. The one who tried to do something with me one night." I tell him.

"What the fuck?!" Eli says as he abruptly gets up and puts boxers on as he runs to the window and looks out. He then walks back, rubs his eyes and sits down next to me. "There's nothing there honey." He tells me.

"But I swear he was there. That had to have been him. I recognize that voice." I start to tell him.

"I believe you babe. But what did he tell you?" Eli asks me.

"He told me he would see me very soon." I explain.

"Okay. It's okay. I promise you're safe. Let's go back to sleep and in the morning we'll figure some things out." He assures me with a tired smile.

"Alright." I agree tiredly.

Then we both hold each other and cuddle with one another as we go back to sleep.