CHAPTER 14: A Romantic Date

ELI

I knew that she would ask me eventually what had happened although deep down, I had hoped that by some miracle, she would hopefully forget.

I walk over and take a seat next to her as I begin to tell her.

"It didn't happen last night. It was a week ago. Your uncle was beating you and we came and saved you. You passed out and we brought you here where our family doctor helped medicate you that apparently made you sleep a lot." I tell her.

"Oh. What happened to my uncle?" She asks.

She didn't sound as though she had really cared what happened to him, however, I still felt a little bit nervous and worried about telling her cause I wasn't sure about how she would react and I especially didn't want her thinking I was a monster or anything. But, she had to know. So I begin to tell her.

"You don't have to worry about him ever again." I tell her with half a smile.

She looks at me worried, although instead of saying anything, she just nods at me and looks down at her hands and quietly says under her breath, "Thank you."

I lift her head with my finger under her chin to have her look at me.

"Hey, don't worry. He got what he deserved and there is no reason to shed a tear over someone like him. He isn't someone you should waste your tears on." I tell her.

"Okay." She replies and nods.

We both then just start looking at each other for a brief moment before I lean in and gently place my lips onto hers.

When we pull apart a little bit to look at each other, we both smile. Then her smile fades.

"Wait, why did you do that?" She asked which I had never heard a girl tell me that before.

"What do you mean why?" I asked.

"I-I just wanted to know. I-I didn't mean to ruin the moment or upset you." She says.

"Well, maybe it's because I like you." I tell her.

"Me? Why? You don't really even know me and the few times we ever encountered each other you were always an assho...." She stops herself.

"An asshole?" I finished for her.

"Well, yeah. Now suddenly you want to be with me?" She asks.

"Listen. I know I was an asshole to you and I'm sorry. I don't know why I was like that to you. You didn't deserve it." I tell her.

"So, then, what does this make us?" She asks.

I place my hand gently on the side of her face and look into her eyes.

"I was hoping, you'd be my girlfriend." I smile at her.

She starts to blush and smile.

"Okay. But what about..." she started but I quickly stopped her.

"Don't worry about her. We never were really together. You're mine and I am yours and I will never hurt you." I assure her with a smile.

"You promise?" She asks.

"I promise." I tell her before leaning in for us to kiss again.

*****************************************

The true test to see if rather or not she believed me would be at school.

As soon as we arrived and got off my bike, I right away grabbed her hand and interlaced our fingers together and started walking towards the school.

I could tell she still was nervous after everyone seemed to be staring at us, while inside I was laughing so hard.

We went to her locker first and then to mine and I had made sure that I was in ALL of her classes.

The funniest thing our of the whole entire day, was watching Ivy and seeing her reaction towards me and Leah.

Which had made it all the more fun that I would make sure Ivy was watching as I made out with Leah.

*****************************************

~3 weeks later~

Both Leah and I spent the next few weeks getting to know each other and spending a lot of time together. Everything has been going great.

I needed to mark her but I haven't yet even tried to tell her who or what I really am and whom she is destined to be. So tonight, I decided to take her out on another one of our many romantic candlelight dinners and try to explain to her. I figure if it's in public, then she wont freak out as much. Or at least, that's what I was hoping.

My Aunt Cathy helped take Leah shopping and they picked out a few outfits, including a nice one for tonight.

The moment she came walking out of our room in her nice red-knee-high dress and her hair and makeup done all night, I was mesmerized.

"You look beautiful." I compliment her.

"Thanks. You look great too." She replies.

"Thank you." I replied. "Ready to go?" I asked as I held out my arm and she looped her hand through and we began walking out to the nice car I had ordered for us and headed towards the restaurant.

Once we got there and got to our table and after we ordered, I still couldn't stop looking at her.

"What?" She asked with a huge smile and blushed.

"Nothing. I just, you look so amazing." I say.

"You're so sweet." She replies.

"Only for you baby." I smile.

We began to talk for a while and even while we ate we talked and got to know one another. However, I didn't yet tell her what I have been needing to tell her and while she's eating her dessert, that's when I take in a breath and let it out as I try to begin.

"Baby?" I began.

"Yes babe?" She asks as she looks into my eyes.

"There's something that I've been meaning to tell you and I don't want you to be upset, but you need to know." I said. Though quickly regretting my approach.

She looks at me as she stops eating her cheesecake slice and looks at me worried.

"What is it?" She asks.

"Leah, Baby, I'm a......I'm a werewolf." I finally say after struggling to. Which now is the part she most likely will be screaming.