CHAPTER 18: The Next Day.....

ELI

I couldn't believe she didn't tell me it was her birthday.

Luckily I knew people that could find information on anybody.

However, by the time I found out it was her birthday, I had to end up throwing something together at the last minute, although I planned to make it up to her later.

I was glad I showed her my wolf and that she wasn't afraid of me.

This morning, I woke up to my phone going off.

I looked down at it before answering and saw it was Gary.

"Hey, hold on." I whisper when answering, as I see Leah is still sleeping beautifully next to me, I then slowly begin to carefully get up, quietly put on my boxers and quietly head out if the room and downstairs.

"What?" I asked a little louder now that I was downstairs.

"I found out where Zeus is at. He's been in England and will soon be in Italy. Supposedly on business and trying to make a deal with some rogues." He says.

"That son-of-a-bitch. He wants to start a war and is looking for recruits." I say, thought not meaning to say it out loud really.

"What are we gonna do Alpha?" He asks me.

"Well, first of all, have you found out where he's been getting his information from? Or who's been been trespassing onto our territory?" I asked him.

"Not yet but, I have a feeling that we can take down Zeus and his pack before it all becomes too late." He says.

"But I can't leave Leah. Not when it's so close to her forming for the first time into her wolf." I tell him.

"I understand Alpha but, we both know that this is the only way you can protect her." He says.

I take a moment to think about it and then reply.

"Fine. We'll do that. We'll go. We'll leave at the end of this week." I tell him.

"Of course, Alpha. I will meet you at the airport this Saturday morning, since that is when he will arrive in Italy." Gary tells me.

"Alright. I'll see ya there." I tell him and we hang up.

Shit, how the hell am I gonna tell the guys and especially Leah? I promised her I would be here for her for her first transformation.

I start heading back up stairs and when I walk into the room, I see she isn't in bed anymore. Then I hear the shower water start to run.

I walk into the bathroom and see her just step inside. So I take my boxers off and get in with her.

She jumps from being startled after she turns and see'a me.

"You scared me baby." She says.

"I'm sorry love." I smile.

"What's wrong?" She asks concerned.

"Nothing. Nothing at all. I'm fine." I smile at her and then place my hand on the side of her face as we look into each other's eyes. "I love you so much." I tell her.

"I love you too." She smiles.

I lean in to kiss her and as soon as she wraps her arms around my neck while we're making out, I lean her up against the wall and lift her up, wrapping her legs around my waist as the water hits our bodies and we begin making love in the shower.

While at school, I wasn't able to focus on much and even though the guys knew what was going on this Saturday and with Zeus, from me mind linking them this morning, they knew what was wrong. However I made each one of them promise me never to tell Leah what's going on. To which of course, they did.

They wanted to of course go with me and help me out but, I couldn't let them do that. I needed them here to protect Leah.

Leah's been wanting to go back to the bakery to work now, for a while and I have been hesitant about it. However, she finally did this sad puppy dog face to me and made me cave in.

Although of course, she needed protection and to be guarded at all times.

As the week went on, the days grew closer to when I would need to leave her for just a little bit and she had not transformed yet.

I decided, as we came walking out of the theater and holding hands while walking down the street, that's when I had decided to tell her.

"Baby?" I began.

"Yes?" She replied.

"There's something I need to talk to you about." I started.

"Okay." She says.

"I have to go away Saturday. There's some business that I need to take care of and I can't postpone this." I finally just come right out and say.

She becomes quiet for a moment and I begin panicking as I feel that maybe she's mad or upset with me. Which I wouldn't blame her.

"For how long?" She asks me.

"Just for a few days." I tell her.

"Do you mind if I ask why you are going?"

"It's an Alpha thing." I tell her. Which I know I just lied to her and believe me, I don't like that I did that. However, I can't tell her the truth.

"Oh. Okay." She replies with a hint of sadness in her tone.

"Hey." I begin to tell her and lift her head to look at me. "Don't worry my love. I won't be gone for long." I assure her.

"Okay." She smiles.

For the rest of the day, we decided to just relax with one another and sere watching a movie, cuddling with each other and while I didn't mean to sound pushy, I was about to mention if rather or not she had talked with her inner wolf yet, but she beat me to it.

"So, I talked with my inner wolf, Amelia." She says.

I look down at her and smile. "That's great baby."

"Yeah. And....Eli?" She says a little worried.

"Yes?" I reply.

"She wants to come out." She says scared.

"That's a good thing babe. But are you ready?" I asked her.

"Yeah." She smiles at me.

I give her a kiss, take hold of her hand and we get up and begin walking outside in the back.