CHAPTER 11: Who Told You?!

LEAH

It's getting really late and I knew that my uncle still wasn't working the graveyard shift tonight, so I knew I had an hour to get home before he did.

So I started looking around for Eli and asked around and people were saying they hadn't seen him. And then I asked Joey and he told me he left with Ivy.

I thought he was going to take me home? My gosh, I am so stupid to have believed him. He just gave me a ride here for crying out loud, it wasn't like he was really gonna be my friend or anything but I just thought that....well, it doesn't matter.

Right now, I'm running out of time and my phone had no reception for me to call a cab.

Then I took in a deep breath before walking up to his best friend I heard, Rick.

"Uhm, Rick?" I asked.

"Yeah?" He laughs as he is kissing a girl and not making eye contact with me.

"I'm really sorry to bother you but does your phone have service? I need to call a cab to take me home." I said.

He stops kissing the girl and then looks at me confused.

"Wait, I thought, didn't you go home with one of the football players?" He asks.

"Clearly not. Can I please use your phone, I really need to get back home. It's important." I tell him.

"Well, let's get you home then. I'll take you." He says as he stands up after having the now upset drunk girl get off of him and glares at me.

"It's okay. I just need to call..." I began but he stopped me.

"It'll take forever to get a cab. Just come on. Grab your stuff and lets go." He says while pulling out his keys from his pocket and telling the guys he'll see them later.

I grab my stuff and say goodbye to Joey and thank him for inviting me and that I had a lot of fun.

I then find Rick waiting for me on his bike with his light on and I quickly head over as he hands me a helmet and has me get onto the back and we begin to take off.

When we pull up, there's still 25 minutes to spare before my uncle is home.

So I get off the bike and hand him the helmet.

"Thanks for the ride and I'm sorry about the girl. I didn't mean to cock block you." I tell him.

"It's all good. You have a goodnight." He says to me and I tell him the same thing before heading into the house.

As soon as I walked inside, I saw my uncle was standing right there in the hallway, facing the front door.

"Where the hell were you?!" He yells.

"Uncle V. What are you doing home?" I ask shaking and terrified.

"I got a call from one of your classmates saying they were concerned about you. Said they saw you leave a party with some boy." He says.

"N-no. There was no boy." I stutter.

"Don't lie to me." He says.

"I'm not, Sir." I reply.

"Then who the fuck dropped you off just now?" He asks.

"H-he's just a guy that took me home. We didn't do anything." I start to defend myself as I see the rage in his eyes as he slowly gets closer and closer to me until he pins me against the wall.

"So you were with a boy." He says.

"Yes. Just from the beach to here, Sir. I swear." I tell him.

"Tsk tsk tsk. My sweet sweet baby girl." He says.

"Please.." I begin to cry a little until he places his finger over my lips.

"Shhhh." He says as he leans closer to my face. "I can punish you right now." He says with the smell of bourbon coming off his breath.

Then right as he starts to move his hand towards up my shirt, I close my eyes and then some woman whom I don't even know, comes walking out and saves my life.

"Hey honey, you coming back to bed or what?" She asks.

"Be right there, sugar." He yells back at her and then she goes into the room. "You stupid whore." He says and then punches me in the stomach, causing me to fall and as he lets me fall and drop to the ground, I try and catch my breath and try my best not to throw up as he starts laughing and calling me pathetic as he walks back to his room.

I eventually get up and hold my stomach as I make it to my room and close the door and fall asleep.

I'm glad that Cathy gave me tomorrow off. I was gonna need it since Monday was school and I would need to try and rest tomorrow. Besides, who in the hell would have called my uncle and told him where I was and that I was with a guy? But then I finally realized, it had to have been Eli. Who else could've done it?

*****************************************

When Monday came, I was still feeling a lot of pain, but not as much as Saturday night and thanks to the pain mediciness I kept from my last visit to the hospital a couple of months ago.

As I arrived at school, I went straight to first period and then at lunch just stayed in the bathroom stall until the bell rang and it was time for me to head to my next class.

Next period was Study Hall and I have been doing so good in avoiding any kind of contact with Eli since Saturday and felt I was on a roll. Minus when he had glared at me throughout first period this morning, but other than that.

I don't know why I felt hurt. He means nothing to me just as I mean nothing to him. I had really hoped we could've at least been friends, but guess not.

So I go to my locker during Study Hall since I forgot a book and right as I grabbed it, as soon as I turned around, I suddenly was held up against the lockers......it was Eli.